2024 NFL Changes

kkmfjvhsja1kcsyur157

The OK:

• The jerseys are not terrible. Definite upgrade over the previous set.
  •  Orange over white, white over orange, and all white combos are solid. (Fix the damned socks!)
  • White over blue wouldn't be the worst thing ever.
  • Blue jerseys over white with the primary helmet might look OK.
  • The number font isn't bad. Not great, but not terrible.
  • I like the finish on the blue helmet.
  • I'm probably in the minority, but I'm OK with the 5280 on the helmets. The references to altitude should have stopped there, but Nike just can't help themselves.

The Bad and :censored: all stupid:

• The alternate helmet looks like someone bought a blank helmet at Dick's Sporting Goods, threw a couple Broncos decals on it, and added some of that reflective safety tape stuff as a stripe. 
  • Was the helmet stripe supposed to remind me of the turn signals on my motorcycle?
  • The dumb helmet stripe is the dumbest helmet stripe in the history of dumb helmet stripes and that's really saying something.
  • The good things about the jerseys are ruined by the stupid "dissipating" triangles on the numbers.
  • The "mountains" on the jersey sleeves look way better up close than they do from a distance. They should take up more space.
  • As plenty of people have already said, the blue sets look a lot more like Boise State, UTEP, or UVA than they do like an NFL team.
  • Someone should file a lawsuit over that monochrome orange disaster. Probably the blue one too.
  • There are 2.5 decent combos (Cited above in OK) in the entire set. The rest are garbage.
  • As is usually the case these days, there are too many monochrome combos.
  • The pants stripes are idiotic. We get it, Colorado has mountains. Anyone who doesn't know that isn't going to suddenly figure it out because they saw some dumbass stripes on a pair of football pants.

Overall grade: D. There are some good elements here. Unfortunately, none of them work very well together.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

should of

I've seen this enough from you in this thread to offer you some advice:

"Should have."

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Meh 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I actually don't hate the Broncos uniforms. The helmet stripe sucks and the pants stripes look unfinished (but at least there is stripes, LIONS!) but they coulda been a lot worse.

As for that Vikings leak. God I hope it's not true, what a pointless alternate. The gray stripes make them look like Kansas State, the spikes/icicles on the numbers suck, and why the NOB font wordmark? If they wanted to add a white helmet, so be it, just wear it with the regular unis and call it color rush like the Panthers do it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Will they wear contrasting socks at all this season? That determines how I feel about these a lot!

Based on the photos from the release and based on the precedent that the Cardinals set, I wouldn't hold your breath

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:
15 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

should of

"Should have."

He's probably thinking "should've" and typing it as "should of."

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

"Should have."

we really didn't need someone in this thread becoming the grammar police

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Now that I have let the Broncos set sit for a minute: 

- the pants design just doesn't look right. It's not really emphasized in much of what they officially released from the reveal production, but it's going to stick out as one of the worst parts once we see them in action

- the disconnect when it comes to combinations is wild to me, it feels like when high schoolers go on recruiting visits and just throw random unis on for photoshoots. Why in the world is white-navy-navy a combo that you are unveiling as a primary? 

- the more I look at the sleeve cap, the more I dislike it. The puzzle pieces don't fit together, if that makes sense. 

And the helmet decal on the shell looks cheap. These unis aren't good. The number font change is a downgrade, the triangle motif is so silly. 

This is a mess, honestly. 

• Like 2

I'll do a full critique on all this later, but these are my two quick response thoughts:

1.) City Edition/CityConnect design ideology is becoming/has become like a parasite to this new era of branding...

2.) ...This uniform set looks less like Denver Broncos and more like Denver Colorados

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Now that I have let the Broncos set sit for a minute: 

- the pants design just doesn't look right. It's not really emphasized in much of what they officially released from the reveal production

- the disconnect when it comes to combinations is honestly almost wild to me, it feels like when high schoolers go on recruiting visits and just throw random unis on for photoshoots. Why in the world is white-navy-navy a combo that you are unveiling as a primary? 

- the more I look at the sleeve cap, the more I dislike it. The puzzle pieces don't fit together, if that makes sense. 

And the helmet decal on the shell looks cheap. These unis aren't good. The number font change is a downgrade, the triangle motif is so silly. 

This is a mess, honestly. 

There seems to be a theme with the new uniforms.

Jets: throwback style with third jersey

Lions: modern take on classic design

Broncos: be careful what you wish for with new uniforms

Texans: TBD

Hopefully at least one of the Texans uniforms will be decent.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Exactly. Give him a boner and you’re good. 

Oh, this advice never works out for anyone.

• LOL 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.