College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

6 hours ago, mattb6 said:

These look like the old-style gold helmets, too. They look very dull and not at all like the bright gold flake from the last decade or so. 

I think it's how EA did the presentation in game, I'd expect them to be the same shiny material as they've been using.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, mattb6 said:

These look like the old-style gold helmets, too. They look very dull and not at all like the bright gold flake from the last decade or so. 

That’s probably just it being a video games and not being able to get the textures 100% accurate

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

If I recall correctly, Missouri bought into that look pretty heavily.

That Missouri set was so popular other teams went with the same template. I remember Houston specifically going with it during the Case Keenum years. 

Illinois was probably the worst offender of the "piping" look. With Oregon State and even Clemson not being far behind. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mattb6 said:

It's a little more accurate in this shot, but it's probably just the limitations of the graphics. ND's foil-leaf texture is a middle ground between metallic and chrome that it seems EA has yet to fully master.

spacer.png

The real helmets can also vary wildly depending on lighting.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

spacer.png

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

That Missouri set was so popular other teams went with the same template. I remember Houston specifically going with it during the Case Keenum years. 

Illinois was probably the worst offender of the "piping" look. With Oregon State and even Clemson not being far behind. 

can't forget even more traditional schools such as Washington & Michigan had piping on their jerseys in the last NCAA game.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tBBP said:

Personally, if Notre Dame is gonna go back to rocking the sleeve logos, I'd rather them be gold...

The sleeve logo's been back for a while...about 2-3 years after Brady Quinn graduated, IIRC.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I’m hoping the new EA Sports College Football Game has lots of alternates available! Would love to play a season with my Dawgs in more than just red and white jerseys. I feel confident the black jerseys will be there, but if we get the white helmets and pants the recruits wear, and maybe even some throwbacks like the 1980 look 🤤

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I’m hoping the new EA Sports College Football Game has lots of alternates available! Would love to play a season with my Dawgs in more than just red and white jerseys. I feel confident the black jerseys will be there, but if we get the white helmets and pants the recruits wear, and maybe even some throwbacks like the 1980 look 🤤

I also expect they'll roll out random packs during the year for teams that had one off uniforms as well. Some of it was free in Madden last year, but I expect EA to charge for it.

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Ah yeah. I specifically remember watching a game in which Clemson played Wake Forest in purple and it was a competitive game (i.e. they were on the same mid-major level).

• Like 2

On 5/18/2024 at 12:19 AM, PrimalCookie said:

Looks like Notre Dame wasn’t the only new uniform EA accidentally leaked. Seems Baylor’s got a new set as well

IMG-5002.jpg 

Here is what I came up with regarding the image above: 

spacer.png

• Like 9

spacer.png

1 minute ago, VDizzle12 said:

I'm pretty excited about this. Hopefully it comes with NBA2k levels of customization. 

I'd like it to be true,  but I'm pretty sure it'll be closer to Madden's relocation teams. Even with the Revamped guys working on things, I don't trust them to be able to allow field and uniform customization similar to the 2K NBA games. 

• Meh 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd like it to be true,  but I'm pretty sure it'll be closer to Madden's relocation teams. Even with the Revamped guys working on things, I don't trust them to be able to allow field and uniform customization similar to the 2K NBA games. 

They specifically mentioned the ability to upload logos. With that alone, it's already better than Madden. The college games have always had more flexibility so we'll see....

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

They specifically mentioned the ability to upload logos. With that alone, it's already better than Madden. The college games have always had more flexibility so we'll see....

Two to three logos were the most they allowed. After that, they need to allow uniforms that are more than just a few generic designs. Especially with how much more power the new consoles have. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Hambone792 said:

Any news on Texas Tech adidas gear/uniforms?

I have not been able to find when the agreement starts so I imagine they can’t release adidas stuff until Under Armour deal officially ends.

Most agreements begin July 1. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.