College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

so it's kind of obvious the release of EA CFB is prompting teams to get ahead of some reveals

I wonder how much that game influenced reveal timelines in the past without us really realizing it? I have definitely felt over the past decade uniform reveals in the summer/preseason became sparse and we saw more of them either right before the season, or literally game by game as the season goes on (kind of fitting the social media trend of always having that fire content to spit out each week, ugh, but I digress)

but because the game is about to come out, there's been a solid stream of releases lately

• Like 3

First of all I've liked what I've seen from the Arizona update.  Fixing the stripes makes a huge difference.

Miami going back to the classic uniform is fine, inconsistent striping and all. Their black alternate is a strikeout looking though.

52 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

so it's kind of obvious the release of EA CFB is prompting teams to get ahead of some reveals

I wonder how much that game influenced reveal timelines in the past without us really realizing it? I have definitely felt over the past decade uniform reveals in the summer/preseason became sparse and we saw more of them either right before the season, or literally game by game as the season goes on (kind of fitting the social media trend of always having that fire content to spit out each week, ugh, but I digress)

but because the game is about to come out, there's been a solid stream of releases lately

Looking back I don't think so. Summertime has always been reveal time, but never to this extent around the game's release. I think this time is different because uniform reveals area  huge source of engagement for schools' social media departments nowadays, and those Social Media departments are huge too and very much part of the arms race around recruiting/ticket sales/brand building in the sport. It's a completely different landscape in so many respects from the last time the game was released in 2013. Thus, combining the anticipation factor of the decade plus wait with people talking about college football in July, it is no surprise that schools are striking when the iron is hot around this time. And there's a benefit for the schools doing it: the fact that we're talking about Purdue football in July for example  is a victory for the Purdue athletics social media department. 

KtHjnlJ.png

This is at least the third time this release cycle we've seen a team wait a day or two after the original unveiling to reveal their hideous black alternate (Baylor, West Virginia).  I really don't appreciate having my hopes raised only to see them come crashing back down to Earth repeatedly.

On the flip side, I'm all for retiring the Dade font.  I've never liked how the numbers are shaped at all.  If you want to go with something that isn't standard Block, that's fine, but come up with something better.

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Without breaking out a tape measure and physically checking all of these patches, I think the Georgia look in particular is an optical illusion. 

Now when it comes to basketball, you'll see Georgia wearing a comically small patch. I'm pretty sure all of Auburn's patches are the same size.

No. 1 Auburn vs. UGA Bulldogs men's basketball video highlights, score

I hear what you’re saying, and agree completely regarding basketball, but these patches are not the same size.

spacer.png

Another reference point against Alabama. Their away jerseys use a ghosted white outline which blends into the jersey, making it appear slightly smaller, but still bigger than Auburn’s patch.

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WBeltz said:

It looks like it. This Instagram video shows the blue jersey with fixed striping.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9NvjJySEKw/?igsh=MXZsaWxndHlzeWxjYw==

4 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Yessir.

Thank you, God.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Miami nights alternates were really good, but I feel like with the more classic style template trying to make a black uniform work is forcing a square peg into a round hole. Either go all out, get funky, and take advantage of brightening the colors to make them pop, or don't do it. 

Because obviously the issue here is the green would be too close to black. These are so unnecessary and don't convey a sense of being Miami at all, wheras the Miami Nights uniforms were loudly Miami and pretty freaking fun as a one off. 

• Like 5

That Miami uniform feels like an Oregon State uniform with the U slapped on it. I actually like the helmet stripe matching the shoulder stripe. It's weird, but I like it. 

It just doesn't feel like a Miami uniform to me. 

UM had a very dark “smoke” uniform with Nike. Adidas has a weird white/silver uniform and black/silver set. When they went traditional again, they had Miami nights which was a black version of basically what they had. Nights 2.0 had orange dade font and an orange chrome mask and I think another time had a black mask. 3.0 was supposed to debut two years ago and they never wore it. They broke it out officially last year in the GT debacle. This version is just straight up bfbs like baseball and basketball have. Unnecessary if you ask me and it’s hard for me to recall their records in them cause the team was usually 5-5 or involved in a blowout loss and it was hard to be a fan. I wish they would fear them like the cowboys seem to fear navy.

KISSwall09.jpg

22 minutes ago, ryebread19 said:

Overall, I like them. Solid, traditional look. The front wordmark and numbers look like they are pushed down quite a bit. I wish the helmet decals on the black helmet were gold, outlined in white. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

50 minutes ago, ryebread19 said:

Pretty cool.  A little different striping from what we've seen in the past from Purdue but I like it.

Any Purdue people with issues? Sometimes you can get a uniform that looks good in a vacuum but doesn't exactly match the vibe of the specific team (e.g. the Fighting Illini).