College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

4 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon has officially released their Stomp Out Cancer uniforms. A lot of input came from Dan Lanning's wife, who survived bone cancer, and his kids.

Those kids must be a real menace.

• LOL 5

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon has officially released their Stomp Out Cancer uniforms. A lot of input came from Dan Lanning's wife, who survived bone cancer, and his kids.

I’ve been waiting for this reveal for a few months and I have to say, the real thing looks even better than I anticipated. It’s the 5th cancer awareness uniform the Ducks have had but the first to feature a yellow base color (chosen for bone cancer, which as referenced is the type of cancer that Sauphia Lanning overcame). As a standalone uniform, I think this is the best yellow uniform the Ducks have had since 2012-14. I also think it’s pretty easily the best cancer awareness uniform the Ducks have done. It feels like a classic Oregon uniform but the special patches, helmet decals, accessories, etc. really elevate it to the next level. Here it is in graphic form, hopefully providing a good look at all of the details:

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I wish socks were mandated in CFB.

If they were we'd be moaning every week about horrible the sock choices are like the last decade-plus of the NFL. 

Oregon has looked great so far as a B1G team. Overall it might be theirt best looking season... ever? Too soon to call? They might even wear their actual colors in a playoff game if we're lucky.

ND still looked good in the white pants, I'll take it over monogreen any day.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

If they were we'd be moaning every week about horrible the sock choices are like the last decade-plus of the NFL. 

Oregon has looked great so far as a B1G team. Overall it might be theirt best looking season... ever? Too soon to call? They might even wear their actual colors in a playoff game if we're lucky.

At the risk of sounding like an :censored:. Not a huge fan of the “stomp out cancer” uniforms.

• Like 4
  • WOAH 1

This past weekend Texas A&M wore W/M/M for the first time ever while Arkansas kept it classic with R/W/W. It provided for a nice contrast in the final game these two teams will play against each other in Jerryworld. It was annoying though to have so many players wear white untucked undershirts. It broke up the unitard look which can look bad but I think it would have worked in this instance.

• Like 4

Cal going with another new helmet option this week vs Miami. Hopefully the logo isnt as small as this graphic. 

College Gameday will be on the scene as well so I wouldnt be surprised to see them reveal Gold jerseys as well 

This helmet hasnt been worn since 1986 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 6

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

9 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Cal going with another new helmet option this week vs Miami. Hopefully the logo isnt as small as this graphic. 

College Gameday will be on the scene as well so I wouldnt be surprised to see them reveal Gold jerseys as well 

This helmet hasnt been worn since 1986 

hqdefault.jpg

Hopefully the decal is bigger than what they show.  

Love the idea though. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Yeah, my take on it is … I’d rather them wear gold pants every game, but the look grew on me and I’d rather them mix it up on alternate jerseys vs. the primary home ones.

(I wonder if they’ll wear white pants with the blue jerseys against Georgia Tech, assuming GT may wear white for their “home” game at Mercedes-Benz in a few weeks.)

6fQjS3M.png

On 9/29/2024 at 8:50 AM, upperV03 said:

Big Ten football, ladies and gentlemen:

spacer.png

The UCLA footwear looks like those nude stockings figure skaters wear. They really need to go back to Aikman era unis with Navy trim. They're already and odd team in the athletic program with metallic gold. Just go for the traditional look for home & road and get wild and do an alt with actual school colors. Seeing UCLA FB in powder blue and athletic gold would honestly be kinda cool. Lots of potential for variety there.

7 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

This past weekend Texas A&M wore W/M/M for the first time ever while Arkansas kept it classic with R/W/W. It provided for a nice contrast in the final game these two teams will play against each other in Jerryworld. It was annoying though to have so many players wear white untucked undershirts. It broke up the unitard look which can look bad but I think it would have worked in this instance.

Sorry for going off topic, but why are these teams no longer playing in Dallas? I’m a fan of neutral site rivalries and this one had become something of a tradition. Is it a casualty of the SEC scheduling? My understanding is they have a patchwork schedule for 2024 and 2025 to maintain traditional rivalries and then they’re debating going to 9 games (either 3 permanent and 6 rotating or 1 permanent and 7 rotating). But the kicker is they want ESPN to pay up for the 9th game since they’re providing better TV inventory.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Sorry for going off topic, but why are these teams no longer playing in Dallas? I’m a fan of neutral site rivalries and this one had become something of a tradition. Is it a casualty of the SEC scheduling? My understanding is they have a patchwork schedule for 2024 and 2025 to maintain traditional rivalries and then they’re debating going to 9 games (either 3 permanent and 6 rotating or 1 permanent and 7 rotating). But the kicker is they want ESPN to pay up for the 9th game since they’re providing better TV inventory.

Looks like the contract to play the game in Arlington goes up after this year and I'd assume Arkansas doesn't want to have annually play A&M in Texas as well as every other year they have 2 less home games (they always play one game in Little Rock) which impacts the number of students at games and probably messes with revenue from games.

9 hours ago, kb105 said:

Looks like the contract to play the game in Arlington goes up after this year and I'd assume Arkansas doesn't want to have annually play A&M in Texas as well as every other year they have 2 less home games (they always play one game in Little Rock) which impacts the number of students at games and probably messes with revenue from games.

Its actually the opposite. Arkansas is happy to have a game in Dallas metro annually for recruiting purposes. They were going to play a game there with either us or Texas Tech and we jumped at the opportunity first. The first 8-year contract was signed before A&M joined the SEC so A&M's leadership was happy to have a non-conf game in the metroplex for recruiting purposes without sacrificing the conference home schedule. Then A&M joined the SEC and leadership was no longer happy with the arrangement since it meant A&M would only host 3 SEC home games every other year. As part of the move to the SEC and previous non-conf game contracts, A&M was only going to have 5 home games total in 2012 if the Arkansas game was played in Arlington so A&M made a deal to play the 2012 and 2013 Arkansas game as a home and home but the teams had to agree to 10 more years in Jerryworld.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Maybe it's a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I like when players *gasp* have untucked shirt when going mono, IF they are a contrasting color, as it serves as a "break" in the uniform. However it has to ONLY be a contrasting color. 

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 2