2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

On 7/22/2024 at 7:26 AM, BBTV said:

Replace the midnight green with the Kelly green throwbacks and you've got a winner for that game.

IDK why they seem to designate the Giants game as the all-black one every year.  I kinda wish the league would schedule that game for week 1 at 1:00 PM, because it's unlikely they'd wear them in that case.

Why would they do that? The NFC East plays in some of the biggest TV markets in the league. The sponsors and networks wants those games in the primetime slots. 

BtdCezY.png

1 hour ago, clonewars2008 said:

Why would they do that? The NFC East plays in some of the biggest TV markets in the league. The sponsors and networks wants those games in the primetime slots. 

No way!

Hence my use of the word “wish”. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are the Raiders a choice because they beat them in the 1977 playoff game? If celebrating that year is the case, what about the Steelers game? The Broncos also beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs and played them twice that year. I guess the Steelers game is too early, and teams usually don't bring out their alternates or throwbacks so soon.

They're putting a few players into the Ring of Fame from the 1977 team (Steve Foley and Riley Odoms) and honoring Randy Gradishar for his well-overdue induction into the HOF. That's the game where they're going to honor them in the stadium.

On 7/18/2024 at 12:50 PM, canzman said:

Broncos at Colts
5f61xpK.jpg X01Hgz8.jpg

I suspect the Broncos will be in orange given Colts have worn white at home for their first preseason home games since 2012.

1 hour ago, Captain Poncho said:

I suspect the Broncos will be in orange given Colts have worn white at home for their first preseason home games since 2012.

That's an interesting tidbit. Is there reasoning behind that?

I know we haven't seen them in action yet, but I still absolutely despise the new Broncos set. Like, maybe more than I've ever despised an NFL uniform. The shoulder caps, the helmet stripe, the weird unfinished-looking pants stripe, the triangles, the "5280," the combinations, the number font, the white logo on white helmet - it's all so dumb. And...thin? It's dumb and thin.  Did you know there are mountains in Colorado? Did you know a mile is 5,280 feet??

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

2 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

I know we haven't seen them in action yet, but I still absolutely despise the new Broncos set. Like, maybe more than I've ever despised an NFL uniform. The shoulder caps, the helmet stripe, the weird unfinished-looking pants stripe, the triangles, the "5280," the combinations, the number font, the white logo on white helmet - it's all so dumb. And...thin? It's dumb and thin.  Did you know there are mountains in Colorado? Did you know a mile is 5,280 feet??

Navy blue + flat 2010s orange = 💩💩💩

They had a chance to change the color scheme but didn't, and the entire design suffers for that decision. Seriously, I would like these uniforms so much more in the throwback colors.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

They somehow managed to make a uniform that is over the top with small little details, yet boring as hell at the same time. I can't stand them either. 

I really can't stand Houston's new set either. Something about the entire package is just cringy to me. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

15 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

That's an interesting tidbit. Is there reasoning behind that?

Beats me. I just happened to notice they were doing WAH for preseason a few years ago and did a little peek on gridiron uniforms. It seemed to start when the Colts wore the throwback all-whites with the horseshoes on the back of the blue helmet in 2010.

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams-season&team_id=IND&year=2010

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

They somehow managed to make a uniform that is over the top with small little details, yet boring as hell at the same time. I can't stand them either. 

I really can't stand Houston's new set either. Something about the entire package is just cringy to me. 

I actually don't hate the Texans set. The home is really good, the away is decent. The alternates are ugly and I wish they either were different or didn't exist, but they don't evoke the rage I get from the Broncos set. 

All the Broncos had to do was go back to the old colors.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I still like Denver's new uniforms. Maybe it they should have gone back to royal blue, but the design is fine.

ditto, legit the only thing I can live without is the back helmet stripe but their look is consistent and still better than some of the other recently nike designed teams

• Like 1

To me Denver’s redesign is just like Atlanta’s.  They went from an old look that seemed dated and tired to a new look that seems gimmicky and over designed.  

Didn’t like the old, don’t like the new.    

Also, both have a throwback that’s so obviously better than the primary it’s painful.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

I would call Denver's new uniforms fine. I didn't hate the last set, but they were a bit dated and the navy was better than the orange.

The problems with Denver's new set are that the pants and helmet stripes are bad, the white helmet is completely unnecessary and then there's the inevitability of them wearing the worst combos*.

*Mono-orange is going to be awful whenever it's worn, the white helmet will look bad with anything other than white pants, and I'm sure they'll be allergic to contrasting socks, they already were in the release photos.

My opinion: somehow Nike/Denver managed to pull off the most underdesigned AND most unnecessarily-designed uniforms in recent history, if not of all, at the same time.

That in itself is quite a feat...

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 7/27/2024 at 4:48 PM, HopewellJones said:

Another year goes by with the Giants wearing their atrocious away uniforms. It's just so dumb. It was tolerable with the gray pants that had some blue stripes, pictured above. But ALL red and white below the helmet? I just don't get it. It's terrible. I'm usually down with the home and away having a quirky imbalance of primary color, but they went wayyy overboard. That second pic (color rush?) looks SO much better, with the single red stripe showing up on all elements. I just don't get it :(

I agree that they could use a bit more blue on the away uniforms, but at least their current set isn’t “icy”. Be careful what you wish for. 

• Like 1