New New York Jets Logo in 2007?

NoHoJoe

Sorry, Pantone, I'm not particuarly fond of the two shades of green. But I don't mind the 80's Jets logo in an oval. Personally, I like the retro/current Jets wordmark, but I hate the NY in the background. But I also like the jet in the 80's logo. I was hoping one day they would combine the two like this....

new-york-jets_q.png

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a prototype from Helmets, Helmets, Helmets. Could this be the change?

Jets_proto_1.gif

"This helmet is rumored to be an upcoming change for the team. The team began using the new logo last year, but whether it will make onto a helmet anytime soon is pure speculation."

VmWIn6B.png

Wow.  That's huge news.  Where did you hear this rumor?

I think I'm one of the few here who think that this is GOOD news...

I'm with you

Depending on what they do...

I liked their 1980s look was ok, but got old. Then they had the single greatest "just add black" in sports uniform history. Into the 1990s, I thought the jets had some of the best jerseys around--and decent helmets.

I really do not like what they have now and will not miss it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I liked their 1980s look was ok, but got old. Then they had the single greatest "just add black" in sports uniform history. Into the 1990s, I thought the jets had some of the best jerseys around--and decent helmets.

I really do not like what they have now and will not miss it.

Affirmative. The 90s Jets look got A LOT better when they ditched that hideous Champion font, went to the regular block numbers, and got metallic green helmets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's something I did many months ago using something that came from the Charlotte Flight concept logos.

Jets01.jpg

Nick... is there a uni concept to pair with this helmet? This helmet is a nice blend of all the better suggestions - two-tone green, incorporating an actual representation of the nickname, modernizing the white helmets. Me likey?

Now... tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

PANTONE,

How close is your color set in comparison to the Eagles? A dark(er) green, two shades of silver...is it close at all?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wait a minute. There's a special Philadelphia Eagles black? I thought black was black.

Not every team in the NFL uses the same Black...actually, everyone does except Carolina. The Panthers use a Black that all teams used to wear...all teams except the Panthers changed to a different mix in 2002.

Here are the basic shades of Black (coated paper stock - as defined by Pantone, Inc.):

Black_PFC1_0000.jpg

Yes, This is Spinal Tap fans, there IS a Pastel Black.

The Black that NFL teams define as Pantone-equivalent are usually close to a Pantone color, but they are actually defined in CMYK (custom Process colors). Most of the NFL teams use Cyan=70, Magenta=50, Yellow=50, Black=100.

Here's something I did many months ago using something that came from the Charlotte Flight concept logos.

Jets01.jpg

The helmet looks good, but how about something from the STEALTH movie as far as the Jets logo goes?

BTW, It was ME who started this rumor. My sincerest apolgoies to all!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Archived