A Toronto Argonauts Complete Identity Set

Phil

I love the Ship Logo - nice Job SyPhi !!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like this a lot. The fact that you moved away from your usual inclusion of negative space is a big step. While that factor usually makes your work very unique and interesting, I think this is the most cohesive design I've seen from you. Looks great.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Cool perspective.

The scroll and ram on the bow are great elements.

The sail and mast could use a little more detail, though.

I think if you hang the sail from a yard, cap the top of the mast with something, and maybe run some rigging from the ends of the yard to the mast and from the bottom corners of the sail to the hull, it would look more polished.

Nice to see you putting out more work, SyPhi. :grin:

Nic work Sy, my favorite Argo logo is one of the variations of the football ship logo (the one they used on their helmets in the 70's--not the earlier blue football version.)--this recalls it without the football, and fits the name quite well.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I gotta say, I am really liking this. I grew up in a Argo family, and I have closely followed the progression of their logos. This fits right in with their past logos. I love the perspective of your ship.

There are just a few things that I would like to see you tweak. First, I think the sail needs more detail. I also think the shading that is currently on the sail is just not working.

Secondly, I think this logo would benefit a lot from having a football included somewhere on the boat. I know it sounds lame (and I normally hate logos that just throw in a hockey stick or basketball for no real reason), but the Argos have a rich history of logos where the "ship" is a football. I don't think your ship should be ALL football, but I think it would a nice touch to make a football-shaped porthole or something subtle along those lines.

Overall, top-notch work.

Archived