CONCEPT: PITTSBURGH STEELERS

bigdub81

Here's what I did, not much though!...

1) Updated the helmet logo and removed the player's number from the front

2) Added wordmark to center chest "PITTSBURGH" for home and "STEELERS" for away

3) Eliminated the old logo design used on the left shoulder and replaced it with just

the "diamonds" outlined them and also added them to the inside of the pants stripe

4) Went back to the original block style numbers

Like I said before, I research a team's uniform history before I make any changes so that I try to keep it classic if at all possible to the team especially in the case of the Steelers. I don't know if I'm right about this or not but I'm assuming that the reason they have their logo on the left side of their jersey's is because they only have a logo on the right side of their helmet. If my guess is correct than attribute my leaving them in the same fashion but with my updates. The wordmark is there

on the chest because I removed "Steelers" from inside the main logo so that I could make the "diamond" design bigger and besides, I didn't want to overhaul the

jersey because I like their classic look so the wordmark, diamonds, and numbers

were added and or tweaked to freshen it up a bit. (I like the block numbers better anyway). The logo added to the pants stripe gives it "something" you decide and

I was never a big fan of the numbers on the front of the helmet so I did away with

them all together.

C&C :D

Concept-PittsburghSteelers.jpg

Two VERY MINOR criticisms. Otherwise, I like this very much.

1. I wouldn't change the helmet logo. It is iconic (there I go using that word again).

2. The wordmark font looks like the Vikings' 70s-style stencil font instead of the Steelers' stencil font (it is hard to tell given the size of the letters). Assuming I am correct on this, I would change the font to the Steelers' version. If I am wrong, then nevermind.

Great job. :notworthy:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Two VERY MINOR criticisms. Otherwise, I like this very much.

1. I wouldn't change the helmet logo. It is iconic (there I go using that word again).

2. The wordmark font looks like the Vikings' 70s-style stencil font instead of the Steelers' stencil font (it is hard to tell given the size of the letters). Assuming I am correct on this, I would change the font to the Steelers' version. If I am wrong, then nevermind.

Great job. :notworthy:

I agree with you on your opinion!

YOZXkBG.png?1

i like this, very subtle but i think it would be an improvement. I think you could keep the steelers wordmark on the helmet logo, just in yellow maybe.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I'm enjoying the 3 thingys...not sure exactly what you call them, but the blue, red and yellow diamond things on the jersey. I don't like them on the ants so much, but they do look pretty decent on the jerseys. I agree that the helmet logo should stay the same.

Here's what I've done with the revision...

1) Switched the color's around on the logo to the correct formation

2) Updated the original logo by hilighting the grey outline and adding a drop shadow to the hypocloids

3) Added Steelers, to the inside of the alternate logo and switched the outline from gold to grey with hilights

4) Put "STEELERS" wordmark on both home and away jerseys

BD81C-PittsburghSteelersRevision.jpg

I'm still not sure about changing the helmet logo, but otherwise -- GOD DAMN!! :notworthy:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2) Updated the original logo by hilighting the grey outline and adding a drop shadow to the hypocloids

3) Added Steelers, to the inside of the alternate logo and switched the outline from gold to grey with hilights

Holy mother of fluff! The entire thing screams Pimpage! :notworthy:

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Looks twice as good as the original one!

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived