Another "i just realized what that logo is!"

boardname

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It took my forever to see the bear in the minnesota wild logo, In fact, it wasnt till I was on this site and the details said, "Bear Shaped scenery" or whatever for the wild logo, and then I saw it, and was like DAAAAAAMNN... It makes the logo so much cooler, for like 3 years I thought it was just some crappy scenery logo with weird swishes in it.

Bear?

I thought it was a wild cat or timberwolf.

A bear has a much bigger head....right? :huh:

I've thought that about the WV as well.

I'm told the Carolina Panthers logo represents both Carolinas, but I don't see it. The Bobcats logo, though, does resemble North Carolina a little.

And, if you squint a little, the Notre Dame "ND" logo looks like a very smug football fan with an almost supernatural sense of entitlement getting his comeuppance. Again. :D

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Riiiiiight , hey that Eagles E has an extra line underneah it. . .

On the same cracked out vein, people are always asking me what the LT stands for in the Bowling Green Falconhead logo. . . .

a-Falcon_logo.jpg

does the LT actually stand for anything?

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

The first year the New England Patriots had adopted the "flying Elvis" logo, they had pant stripes that looked like the back half of the the logo but slightly modified. There was an article at the time of the new uniform introduction that said the pant stripe had an "N" and "E". within it. It was only around for one year as by the next year they had adopted a Washington Redskins type of two color stripe.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Riiiiiight , hey that Eagles E has an extra line underneah it. . .

On the same cracked out vein, people are always asking me what the LT stands for in the Bowling Green Falconhead logo. . . .

a-Falcon_logo.jpg

does the LT actually stand for anything?

I was posting half-heartedly, the logo is an abstract rendition of a falcon head as pointed out below:

.falconlogo.gif

The fact it resembles an L and T is probably due to the fact some people can't see a bird head and resort back to what is familiar to them. . .

fade.gif

It took my forever to see the bear in the minnesota wild logo, In fact, it wasnt till I was on this site and the details said, "Bear Shaped scenery" or whatever for the wild logo, and then I saw it, and was like DAAAAAAMNN... It makes the logo so much cooler, for like 3 years I thought it was just some crappy scenery logo with weird swishes in it.

Bear?

I thought it was a wild cat or timberwolf.

A bear has a much bigger head....right? :huh:

The majority of fans around here think the Wild logo is a bear head, but there are more than a few people who say it looks like a cat. A minority even think it's a weasel. The team, being their usual coy selves will not commit to it being anything specific because they think they are sooooooo clever.

One opinion that supports the bear head is the Zephyr X-line "alternate" logo, which was distinctly a bear claw.

There is no real, official "right" or "wrong", except for MY opinion that it's a bear. :hockeysmiley:

While we are on the topic, it took me about 35 years or so to see the old Expos logo had an "M" in it.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived