Edmonton WHL Team

beesharps

I think the names should be either Mercurys or Oil Kings. Junior Oilers would be a terrible choice as would any of the "singular group" names suggested. Road Runners would basically mean that the Oilers have no intention of having a top level minor league affiliate again. :P

OK I've got a name.... the Edmonton Heart Break Kids..... so when they play Calgary, it will be the Hitmen against the Heart Break Kids.... or maybe Bulldogs will have to do

... and check out the entry form

http://www.edmontonwhl.com/contest/entryform.php

In addition to the name they also ask these questions:

Of the NHL teams listed below, please select your favourite jersey design.

Of the WHL teams listed below, please select your favourite logo.

I saw, I came, I left.

I thought "Oil Kings" was pretty much a given for the team's name the second the Oilers pulled the plug on the 'Runners. Or does my memory fail me on this one?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

:D I'm going to write in "Edmonton Frozen Pierogi"! :shocked: "But seriously, folks . . .", I couldn't find on their site when the contest's over & when the winner's announced. Any other superbrain types figure this out? Now I'm gonna go back to the site and vote "Frostbite", for, oh, about a JILLION times! And WHY?!? Because I CAN!!! [mad "muahahaha!" laughter] :P

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

Wow. What lame choices. Capitals? Flyers? Can they really not think of some original names? And asking fans to choose their favourite jerseys and logos is ridiculous. Why not just come out and say, "We're too cheap to find original jersey templates and logos, so we're gonna use an NHL team's jersey and copy the Kamloops Blazers." For shame.

On a side note, does anyone think it might be confusing to name them Oil Kings with the team in Brandon being called the Wheat Kings? Just wondering...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

OK I've got a name.... the Edmonton Heart Break Kids..... so when they play Calgary, it will be the Hitmen against the Heart Break Kids.... or maybe Bulldogs will have to do

... and check out the entry form

http://www.edmontonwhl.com/contest/entryform.php

In addition to the name they also ask these questions:

Of the NHL teams listed below, please select your favourite jersey design.

Of the WHL teams listed below, please select your favourite logo.

Nah, the Edmonton Degenerates lol

baltimoreravens.png

Archived