What's your favorite sports sound?

ProvidenceRI

My favorite comes from Rangers GM Glen Sather from back when he was the Oilers GM.

If I had the Rangers budget I'd never lose a game

Of course Sather became the Rangers GM and missed the playoffs 4 years in a row with the highest or close to the highest payroll in the league.

Kenny Wheaton with 'The Pick' for the Ducks in 1994 against the Huskies at Autzen

"the most improbable finish to a football game!"...okay, obviously it's a homer call, but this was probably the most important play in the Ducks' football and, possibly, sports history - that win sent us on the way to winning out and going to the Rose Bowl. Plus it was over then-no. 9 Washington, and to get such a big win over a top-10 team - and having it be your most hated rival - was massive.

just as good is Dave Niehaus' home run call for any Mariners game, "FLY AWAY! Goodbye baseball!" :D some of the play calls for the Mariners from '95 and '01 are classic too.

harperdc.gif

Quoteth the immortal Ben Dreith: "Number 99 of the defense, after tackling the quarterback, was giving him the business down there."

I wish there was a clip of that. We're coming up on its twentieth anniversary.

no sound files, but... i'm reenact them in text form.

"practice? we talking bout practice? not a game, but practice? practice? practice? practice, man? we talking bout practice.... man... not a game... not a game... not a game... not a game, but practice?"

also, from a play by play standpoint:

"the dallas stars! brett hull! they've won the stanley cup! deep in the heart of texas, the stars are shining."

and from daryl reaugh, "after that hit, grant marshall looks as confused as a goat on astroturf" and " eddie belfour is standing on his tippy-toes like a midget at a urinal"

"Konstantinov plays it weakly out to center but it's picked up by Yzerman. Winding up at center, drives a long shot, HE SCORES!"

http://www.detroithockey.net/multimedia/31.php

And of course...

"The goal counts! The goal counts! The goal counts!"

Video: http://www.detroithockey.net/multimedia/197.php

Playoffs!?!

That quote wins the Internet.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

There's two that will always stick out to me...

First, from Super Bowl XXXII... "You can stand up and salute in Denver... you've got the World Champions!"

And from the 2004 World Series... "Red Sox fans have longed to hear it! The Boston Red Sox are World Champions!"

IUe6Hvh.png

Rick Jenarette has many memorable calls for the Sabres.

(After beating OTT in may) "Oh, Now do you belive, now do you believe, these guys(Sabres) are good, scary good."

"May Day, May Day, May Day"

"LalalalaLafontaine"

FOUND HERE

And after A Sabres win in OT

"and Buffalo wins it in OOOOOOOOOOvertime"

FOUND HERE

saBS.png

Rick Jenarette has many memorable calls for the Sabres.

He is our favorite NHL announcer in the whole league. When my friends and I get together, we tune in the Sabres to see if it's the home or away broadcast team just so we can listen to him. He's the closest thing to the North Stars Al Shaver.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Bobby Knight - Now I forgot more about this f***ing game than all you people combined are ever going to know

Benoit Benjamin - I don't give a sh** about the fans

David Justice - My back problems right now are behind me

Pat Riley - I see more pushing in the men's room

Al Micheals - He did WHAT ?! ?!!?! ?

Al Conin - Sherm Corbett is finished throwing-up in the bullpen. (laughter) I mean he's finished throwing UP in the bullpen

Chick Hearn - Tipped in by Kobe Bryant ! Kobe Bryant tipped it in. Kobe was in the #2 stall in the barn !

Chickyburger - I don't think God and all of His disciples could have stopped the Lakers today

Vin Scully - High fly ball into right field, she iiiisss GONE ! ! !

Burnt Hamburger - Gar Heard turn-around shot in the air, it's GOOD ! I can't believe it, we got a Third Overtime in the Boston Garden. It's 112-112

Gary Thorne - McSorley to Gretzkyyyyy... SCORES ! ! HE DID IT, HE DID IT ! ! The greatest goal scorer in National Hockey League history is Wayne.... Gretzky !

Vin Scully - (silence) after the final pitch of the 1986 World Series

Chick Hearn - We gotta get off the air

Archived