LA NFL franchise

random_ax

If the NFL adds a team in LA, which division would they be in? And if they add one team, they'll have to add

another to make it an even amount of teams, or doesn't that matter? Maybe they could put a team in San

Antonio. It's the 5th largest city in america I think, or pretty close.

They could put LA in the NFC west and San Antonio in the AFC south.

How about the Los Angeles Sharks or the Los Angeles Toros?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about the Rams

A great name for LA would be [chris berman] DA RAIIIIDERZZZ[/chris berman]

"Hello?"

"Mr. Goodell, my name is Hugh Johnson of the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe. We have been retained by Mr. Al Davis in his capacity as majority owner of the football team presently known as the Oakland Raiders. . . . "

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If the NFL adds a team in LA, which division would they be in? And if they add one team, they'll have to add

another to make it an even amount of teams, or doesn't that matter? Maybe they could put a team in San

Antonio. It's the 5th largest city in america I think, or pretty close.

They could put LA in the NFC west and San Antonio in the AFC south.

How about the Los Angeles Sharks or the Los Angeles Toros?

I like the sharks nickname, but what about dragons? The LA dragons could be pretty cool. Most likely the team would move there, hopefully not the Saints. My money's on the Raiders.

NOLAbanner.jpg

How about having the Rams and Chargers move back to LA?

The Rams aren't moving. Their best years are in St. Louis, that's where they're staying.

The Chargers would be my first choice to move to LA. They city's giving them a hard time over a proposed new stadium, and the Chargers consider LA their "second market."

I like moving either the Chargers or Saints to Los Angeles, and calling them the Souther California Condors.

If the Bills move, I would cry.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

To me, the coolest name for an LA NFL team would be...

The Los Angeles Lizards

It rolls off the tounge (L A Lizards), lends itself to a cool logo and pretty unique color scheme (green, yellow, and red), and kinda lends itself to the legacy of The Doors, one of the coolest and most famous rock bands to come out of the L.A. area.

Here are some uniforms I whipped up...

"Home" Uniforms:

home01.jpg

home02.jpg

"Road" Uniforms:

road01.jpg

road02.jpg

"Alternate" Uniform:

alt01.jpg

road unis have to be white

yankees-1.png

The North American condor is pretty ugly. But the Andean condor has a normal view.

That is one:

condor_lg.JPG

But here in South America, the condor is depicted with its body, never with its head:

condor.jpg

condor.jpg

300px-Colca-condor-c03.jpg

As LA having a huge Latin population, a condor image in a NFL franchise would wake up more interest because that bird is a national symbol of several Latin American countries.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Move the Jacksonville Jaguars to LA...The Los Angeles Leopards

I like it. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It looks likely that LA will get a relocated franchise, and not an expansion team. If that is what happens, it is unlikely that they get a new name.

The most likely teams to move: Chargers, Bills, Colts, Saints, Raiders, Vikings.

The only one where a name change seems mandatory is the Bills.

The Chargers, Colts and Raiders would almost certainly not change names.

The Vikings and Saints could go either way. Minnesota may get a Browns deal, but New Orleans, which

would very likely never get an NFL team again (due to shrinkage of market after Katrina), could lose the Saints name.

So, most likely you are looking at LA Chargers or LA Raiders, etc.

But, here is what I would do:

1. EXPAND BY 2 TEAMS: 1 in LA and 1 in Anaheim. That's right, give them 2 teams.

2. Put Anaheim franchise in AFC West.

3. Put LA franchise in NFC West, and move the Rams to the NFC North.

So, here are my ideas:

Los Angeles Diablos

colors: Green, Red, Black

Logo: Similar to SF Demons of XFL or a pitchfork motif.

California Surf(Anaheim)

colors: Teal, Navy, Yellow (not gold)

Logo: A navy/teal wave with whitecap swooping full helmet, like the Michigan Panthers logo did.

It looks likely that LA will get a relocated franchise, and not an expansion team. If that is what happens, it is unlikely that they get a new name.

The most likely teams to move: Chargers, Bills, Colts, Saints, Raiders, Vikings.

The only one where a name change seems mandatory is the Bills.

The Chargers, Colts and Raiders would almost certainly not change names.

The Vikings and Saints could go either way. Minnesota may get a Browns deal, but New Orleans, which

would very likely never get an NFL team again (due to shrinkage of market after Katrina), could lose the Saints name.

So, most likely you are looking at LA Chargers or LA Raiders, etc.

But, here is what I would do:

1. EXPAND BY 2 TEAMS: 1 in LA and 1 in Anaheim. That's right, give them 2 teams.

2. Put Anaheim franchise in AFC West.

3. Put LA franchise in NFC West, and move the Rams to the NFC North.

So, here are my ideas:

Los Angeles Diablos

colors: Green, Red, Black

Logo: Similar to SF Demons of XFL or a pitchfork motif.

California Surf(Anaheim)

colors: Teal, Navy, Yellow (not gold)

Logo: A navy/teal wave with whitecap swooping full helmet, like the Michigan Panthers logo did.

I think you're half right - the teams that might move and/or what their names would be.

But I really don't see the NFL expanding. 32 is such a perfect #, it lends itself so well to scheduling, divisions, etc. Considering they'd have to add 2 teams (or else go back to that awful "bye every week" disaster they had when the Browns were back but the Texans weren't in yet from 99-01, Week 1 byes are ridiculous), I just don't see it happening.

I think the least messy way to do it is if it's the Chargers. They started out in LA, it wouldn't screw the divisions, and to the rest of the country it seems like a small move up the coast, not a huge move across the country. Also, they're having big problems getting a stadium built in SD. (and it'd be a good excuse to use powder blue fulltime! :D )

If not them? It won't be the Colts, they have a stadium deal. I still think the Vikes get something done. So that leaves the Jags, Bills, or Saints. It remains to be seen if the Saints can survive in NO, but they've got such goodwill going right now I can't see them moving for at least 5 years. The Bills? Perhaps, the Buffalo area isn't very strong, but that fanbase loves that team so much, and there's so much history, that it's hard for me to see them going. But the Jags.. not much history in JAX.. crappy town, not a huge fanbase.. that I can definitely see happening.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Archived