Sign in to follow this  
jus2damcrazey219

Irvin out at ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2769871

"ESPN announced that Michael Irvin, who had been an NFL analyst for ESPN since 2003, is no longer with the network.

ESPN Communications Vice President Josh Krulewitz issued a statement, saying "We thank Michael for his contributions to ESPN and wish him well."

Irvin retired in 2002 after 12 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame during Super Bowl festivities two weeks ago."

This a bunch of crap. This guy was a very entertaining analyst. No one else there is as entertaining as he is. I hope he finds a job somewhere else.

Thank god, he was a horrible analyst. Plus, his Cowboy bias is ridiclious.

I dont care and I wont miss him

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

- Vet stadium crowd, circa 1999.

Thank god, he was a horrible analyst. Plus, his Cowboy bias is ridiclious.

well Jaworski has a Eagles bias, Tom Jackson has a Broncos bias and Ditka has a Bears bias... I'm indifferent to this. I think the show had too many people on to begin with.

Good riddance. The guy honestly was an awful analyst. He spent half the time engaged in cases of self-promotion, and the other half of the time talking about wideouts (which apparently was the extent of his football knowledge). My "favorite" moment was the time he blanketly denounced kickers as being small worthless weaklings (there are several kickers who I would quite frankly expect to win in a fight with him). Maybe now ESPN will get someone competent.

SI.com had listed this on their 'rumors' section late last week. I think the term timebomb was used. I am not surprised no disappointed. There is a fine line between referncing your experiences as a player or coach but Irvin was one of thoe guys who would take any opportunity to mention his Super Bowl rings or Pro Bowl appearances or receiving records or arrests or trips to rehab or the proper technique for snorting coke off a hookers inner thigh...

Maybe now ESPN will get someone competent.

Any reason behind your obviously unfounded optimism?

Maybe now ESPN will get someone competent.

Any reason behind your obviously unfounded optimism?

Mountain Dew overdose?

Why am I not surprised about this move...He' s entertaining, but a terrible anaylst. I got tired of his Cowboys bias. Jaws has Eagles bias but he would even admit whin Philly was terrible. Ill miss him very lil. besides that congrads on the Hall of Fame Mike, at least u still have that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2769871

"ESPN announced that Michael Irvin, who had been an NFL analyst for ESPN since 2003, is no longer with the network.

ESPN Communications Vice President Josh Krulewitz issued a statement, saying "We thank Michael for his contributions to ESPN and wish him well."

Irvin retired in 2002 after 12 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame during Super Bowl festivities two weeks ago."

This a bunch of crap. This guy was a very entertaining analyst. No one else there is as entertaining as he is. I hope he finds a job somewhere else.

You're joking, right? The guy's a moron, and he was painful to watch. Surprised it took this long to can the guy.

He wasn't a terrible analyst. He wasn't an analyst at all. Being an analyst requires actually analyzing something, not just shouting the loudest.

Don't let the door hit you, Mike.

So who retired/got fired this year that doesn't have a job in TV yet? Let's see, there's Bill Parcells, Marty Schottenheimer etc. There's your primary reason for Irvin getting the boot. There are some "names" out there who will be a.) better analysts and b.) less trouble. Give it a week or two and they'll announce his replacement. Another possibility is they want Parcells for MNF. They move Thiesmann to Countdown and Parcells takes his spot. Whatever the scenario, Irvin's firing probably had less to do with his Tony Romo comments and high maintenance lifestyle than it did with "better names" (mostly Parcells) becoming available.

My money is on Parcells. ESPN thinks he's the greatest coach in the history of sports. They'd make Stu Scott blow Dan Patrick on Sportscenter if they thought it would get them Parcells either on MNF or Countdown.

Ding Ding Ding Parcells will be on ESPN

He was there once before

Halleluja! Too bad he got into the HOF. He is an a$$

You know this, how? :therock:

Halleluja! Too bad he got into the HOF. He is an a$$

You know this, how? :therock:

Let's see, he's a loud-mouth who contributes nothing to the show and who would have been in prison for some of his off-field antics except that he was a star with the Cowboys at the time. The kind of guy who is the reason for jokes like, "The Cowboys are looking at 12 and 4 this year. 12 arrests, 4 convictions." Does that clear it up?

I lived in DFW during the "triplet years" and after Irvin was found snorting coke in a hotel with hookers, there was speculation on local sports radio as to whether his nickname was about to change from "The Playmaker" to "The Platemaker." As in license plates. :D