2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the third time in four seasons, Martin Gerber is a backup in the Stanley Cup Finals. Lucky bastard.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I wonder if has happened before that a backup goalie wins back to back cups with two different teams. If Ottawa wins, Gerber would probably be the first.

well what anout teams who won back to back cups they probably had the same guy on the bench..

I'm in the minority, but I say keep Gerber he gets to the final then gets traded, or signed and then the team who gets rid of him misses the playoffs the next year....

Hi, how are you?

OWNED!

Teemu Selanne > Andres Lilja and Dominik Hasek

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

In response to NHL Live still not giving the Senators credit for smacking the Sabres senseless in the Eastern Conference Finals...

myth.GIF

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Not yet fellas.

I could watch Anaheim-Detroit 8 times a season. This has got to be one of the best series I've watched in recent memory....

I'll second that. This series was everything playoff hockey is supposed to be, especially the last two games. And now the Finals matchup is officially set:

nhlottawalv8.pngnhlanaheimae8.png

Not quite an "immovable object vs. irresistible force" matchup, but a team that always seems to be able to make a defensive stand when they need to (Anaheim) vs. a team that always seems to be able to score when they need to (Ottawa). A grand finale to the season indeed.

I should also point out that the Ducks, the most recently added of California's NHL teams, have now become the first team from that state to make the Cup Finals twice.

CCSLC signature.png

I was hoping the Ducks would make it, but I don't think they have much of a shot against the Sens. Ottawa has looked so dominant these playoffs. I'm going Senators in 5. It would be great for the series to go 7 like last year though, nothing better in sports.

Archived