2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Headline_Image1.jpg

Take that black jersey.

Change the blue to orange.

Change the arm / shoulder panel to white.

Keep the white cuff, or make it black.

Could that be the new Flyers home jersey? The teaser did show a large orange panel under the white arm piece...

If you mean this picture:

capnFLY1.jpg

No it doesn't look like it. There doesn't seem to be that orange extension to the arm pit like there is the blue in the Tampa uniforms. It look like the Flyers will be closer to what Columbus unis are. Also there is an image on the Flyers website of the Gagne namepate in connection with the new uniforms that seems to back up the Flyers image above.

I guess you're right. Plus, now that I've seen the back of it, I can see that the TB template doesn't allow for the shoulders on that Gagne jersey.

I don't see how the Columbus template allows for horizontal stripes on the lower sleeve though. That's why I wasn't certain that was the template they'd be using.

On a side note, I think that my (probably incorrect) idea for the Flyers jersey (using the TB template) would look great.

I meant a modified version of it. There aren't really hard and fast templates.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much better than their previous jersey. An upgrade for sure!

ya i agree

I also agree. Upgrade, but it would've have been cool to see them wear blue.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I'm going to get up on my soapbox (again)...here's what bothers me about the Lightning's new logo - the color choices. Now, the new logos use the same color palette as the old logo (at least, since the 2001-2002 season), but the problem is that the Blue is just TOO DARK to use against the Black.

The problem is, is that the designers - as most seem to do - choose the colors based on how they look on screen in Illustrator. NOT how they'll look when printed in CMYK, or using Pantone inks. The Blue the Lightning is using (what the hell - it's been posted here enough...it's 281 C) is a very dark Blue. Almost Navy. Way too dark against the Black. They need to use a lighter Blue - similar to the "Hawaiian Blue" they used from 1992-1993 through 2000-2001.

A lot of you know that the RGB values I use for my Team Colors listings represent the Pantone colors optimized for use on computer monitors. These colors are as accurate as you can get to how they will look if you use the actual Pantone formula guide. Here's the new Lightning primary logo, using the optimized RGB values - you'll see what I'm talking about:

TampaBayLightning_PRM_2008-9999_SOL.gif

Vancouver's new, recolored primary has the same problem, as you'll see shortly.

[/endsoapbox]

I'm going to get up on my soapbox (again)...here's what bothers me about the Lightning's new logo - the color choices. Now, the new logos use the same color palette as the old logo (at least, since the 2001-2002 season), but the problem is that the Blue is just TOO DARK to use against the Black.

The problem is, is that the designers - as most seem to do - choose the colors based on how they look on screen in Illustrator. NOT how they'll look when printed in CMYK, or using Pantone inks. The Blue the Lightning is using (what the hell - it's been posted here enough...it's 281 C) is a very dark Blue. Almost Navy. Way too dark against the Black. They need to use a lighter Blue - similar to the "Hawaiian Blue" they used from 1992-1993 through 2000-2001.

A lot of you know that the RGB values I use for my Team Colors listings represent the Pantone colors optimized for use on computer monitors. These colors are as accurate as you can get to how they will look if you use the actual Pantone formula guide. Here's the new Lightning primary logo, using the optimized RGB values - you'll see what I'm talking about:

[/endsoapbox]

I know for the home crest it took me a little bit of time to realise there are TWO blues, not just one because they are so, so close in colour in the threads that they used to stitch it on the hat.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I know for the home crest it took me a little bit of time to realise there are TWO blues, not just one because they are so, so close in colour in the threads that they used to stitch it on the hat.

There IS only one Blue. Blue, Black, Silver and White.

Hmm that Lightning logo is okay.. but really is it necessary to have the Tampa Bay on top of the logo?? As for the jerseys.. ahhh interesting.... one problem... the home jersey do not have the front numbers as the away jersey.. did the Lightning forget to do that or was it to separate everything?? That might be a bit odd to see on TV later on... but interesting look...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

1. Numbers on front of jerseys are stupid, especially if it's only one set

2. Having the name of your city on your home jersey is stupid

3. Shoulder logos shouldn't be 90% similar to the primary

These are an upgrade, but still amongst the worst in the league. Way too much black.

[/endsoapbox]

So, do mean the dark blue of the Vancouver orca is not enough of a contrast with the lighter royal blue of the "C" in the Canucks logo? (I'm assuming the Fathead sticker logo is accurate).

Eh, they're ok, I guess, but not particularly good. Don't understand having the number on the front just on the white jersey. Mind you, I hate the number on the front, period.

Of course, they'd immediately be better if "Tampa Bay" weren't on the crest.

As for the goal judges... yes, at the NHL level, they're strictly ornamental (not so at amateur levels, where they are consulted, however rarely). But are you telling me now that there will be no more lighting the red lamp? Seriously? I weep. This is worse than switching from orange armbands for the referees, which is a bad choice both aesthetically and functionally.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Does anyone know if these jerseys still maintain the Victory Stripes?

Yes. Check out the slide show that somebody linked to earlier.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does anyone know if these jerseys still maintain the Victory Stripes?
Yes. Check out the slide show that somebody linked to earlier.

blackarmpit1tj3.jpg

whitearmpit1fu6.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived