Houston Texans in all red tomorrow night

roxfan00

d332efa4-3c01-499b-8233-466d8ff4a91b.jpg

I love it. I really do.

I don't get the people that whine how the NFL is uniform Nazi and fine people for every little thing. That was in the past, but not anymore. Just look at this picture. Neither of those players is wearing their socks properly. There should be something like 6-8 inches of white at the bottom. The Broncos player isn't even wearing football socks. He has balled up white socks around his ankles, and a navy leotard underneath. That is completely inexcusable, especially because the Broncos have a stripe on their socks. The Texan is wearing the socks too low. He is wearing two pairs, with the second pair bunched and sloppy so he can "sag" them over the pair that goes up to his knee.

Very few players wear the socks properly today. A large group wears it like these clowns. There is also a number of players who show only a few inches of color, with a lot of white. Both are wrong. Some players have even started wearing solid color soccer socks. Completely unacceptable. The NFL needs to take care of this :censored:. Start with small fines, work up to $100,000 a game if they have to. If that doesn't work, start fining the teams.

As for the red unitards, they are absolutely horrible.

Yeah, well, you know that's just, like uh ...your opinion, man.

Roger Goodell should hire Sen. Mitchell to conduct an investigation on sock violations, seeing as it is harming the integrity of the game. Steps need to be taken, and Goodell will act. He should name names, but treat everyone on a case-by-case basis.

Luckily enough George Mitchell should have some free time on his hands to conduct another 20 month investigation.

I'm sorry... But could you remind me what website we're on here? I thought we were talking about Sports Logos/Uniforms including socks not being to proper length... But apparently I'm mistaken.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish all NFL teams would purge their minds of the idea that a monochromatic-dark look works.

I ain't seen a one that does. But, it's their league and if they want to look like some sub-standard college team, I guess I have to let 'em.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Y'know...the more I look at the Texans uniforms...the more I think that they could easily have one of the best, if not the best, looks in the NFL. The home blue with white pants and blue socks is solid, same with the primary away combo, the white monochrome looks great, the Battle Red w/ white pants and red socks looks awesome, and even the Texans blue monochrome is something I can live with, because the helmet is the same color.

If they just burnt the red pants and never let them see the light of day again, I'd love it. Too bad they won. :(

I had ESPN on mute, tired of hearing over-analysis of the Mitchell crappy report that any monkey could've told you, and I glance up and see football highlights and I asked, "Why are they showing SMU highlights?" It was when I looked really hard that I realized it was the Texans.

When watching a little more than the second half sporadically (paying more attention to Preds/Avs), I was only halfway paying attention...and kept getting confused on who was playing.

At first, I thought it was the Cards.

Then, for most of the second half, I kept thinking it was the Falcons.

Mentally: "Hey, I shoulda started Roddy White!...Oh wait. That's the Texans. Again." x10392329232.

It probably would be okay if I wasn't used to other teams looking like that first, and wasn't used to them in navy.

So I guess it's a decent look in a vacuum...but since it has been done, and they bring nothing special to the table about this look, it's a pretty epic fail.

Like if the Denver Nuggets were to introduce a gold set. It might look fine, but if they're mistaken for the Lakers, Kings (alt), or Warriors (alt)...it's a failed design. Branding is part of the game too.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

They looked fine. A nice clean, minimum stripe uniform. The way it should be. ^_^

It's a nice change up look. The fans got into it. The owner and GM got into it (both were wearing red suits as well). The players liked it.

I think they are scheduled to wear the red jersey's again in the final home game. The navy jersey's are done for the year.

And, I would be disappointed if the red pants don't come out next week in Indy. That could end up being the best of their looks (if they wear them with blue socks). Plus, it would contrast well with the Colts royal blue jersey's.

I must say: I like it

here's what I like about "alternates": they are different

yeah, by definition

I have never subscribed to any "rules" of uniformity when it come to athletics

that said, I have obsessed over this stuff since I was a wee lad

I would definitely prefer blue pants (or, at least, blue socks) with the rest of this ensemble, but I just freaking like the "all-reds"

& since there are no real rules, I will say "I like it," & respect your "I don't," & get on with it

note: there are huge differences among "I like it" & "I dislike it" & "I hate it" & the completely non-sensical "it's wrong"

I'm really starting to believe this is just a total fad that has to be played out until the league/teams get it completely outta their systems as a cheap way to create buzz for a big game. Then in a few years, we'll look back on all these unitards and cringe, the way we do now when we look back at any teal-and-purple color scheme or the LA Kings/Vancouver Canucks/Mighty Ducks short-lived 90's alternates.

I just hope that someday soon it becomes cool to wear your uniform the right way....

See...you're all looking at this wrong.

Since the Texans use the same Red as the AZ Diamondbacks, it can actually be called PURPLE.

So, the Texans were actually dressed in ALL PURPLE.

(right, BallWonk?)

First all-Purple monochrome since the Vikings in the '60s.

:P

[/sarcasm]

See...you're all looking at this wrong.

Since the Texans use the same Red as the AZ Diamondbacks, it can actually be called PURPLE.

So, the Texans were actually dressed in ALL PURPLE.

(right, BallWonk?)

First all-Purple monochrome since the Vikings in the '60s.

:P

[/sarcasm]

I have a question for you...

Is there a way for you to post the 3 rams, titans and texans pants?

If you can't, no biggie.

... and add to the weirdness... Bryant Gumbel is out (with a sore throat) and Tom Hammond is in doing the play-by-play.

Here's how this probably transpired:

NFL Network Producer: "How ya feelin', Bryant?"

Gumbel: "Great, why?"

Producer: "I'm not so sure you're feeling great."

Gumbel: "I'm pretty sure that I am."

Producer: "You have a really bad sore throat."

Gumbel: "My throat is fine!"

Producer: "Your throat sounds so bad you may not have a job soon."

Gumbel: "Um...could someone pass me a Ricola, please?"

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

For those who want to see the blue on red............

AndreJohnson2.png

I really like it.

Now THAT'S a good look, and unique. Those red pants are way better than the Chiefs or Cardinals pants, and better than the old Patriots ones too. Blue top/red pants would look unique, since the Texans are one of those teams that don't look very identifiable from a distance...like the Ravens, Falcons, Bears, Jaguars, Broncos.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

... and add to the weirdness... Bryant Gumbel is out (with a sore throat) and Tom Hammond is in doing the play-by-play.

Here's how this probably transpired:

NFL Network Producer: "How ya feelin', Bryant?"

Gumbel: "Great, why?"

Producer: "I'm not so sure you're feeling great."

Gumbel: "I'm pretty sure that I am."

Producer: "You have a really bad sore throat."

Gumbel: "My throat is fine!"

Producer: "Your throat sounds so bad you may not have a job soon."

Gumbel: "Um...could someone pass me a Ricola, please?"

I have to say that the best part of yesterday's game was the fact that that blow-hard Gumbel wasn't doing the play by play. I'd rather get a root canal than listen to that idiot.

As for the uniforms...

I'm torn. I want to hate them, but there's just something about them that won't let me hate them. There are plenty of things that I'd change about them...but I just can't hate them. I wish they'd worn navy socks to finish the look off, or navy pants, but all in all I didn't mind the look as much as I thought I would.

Am I getting soft? Maybe I'm starting to accept these wacky alts. :wacko:

What I hate about the red pants is that now that we know they have them and the players are free to wear them, they are going to wear them with every other jersey and ruin what was one of the best uniforms in the NFL. It's opened up a can of worms just like the titans light blue pants (when was the last time they wore white pants?). I see absolutely no reason for a team to have a 3rd set of pants. An alternate jersey makes sense because you can actually sell that in stores, but alternate pants of a different color are just dumb.

PvO6ZWJ.png

For those who want to see the blue on red............

AndreJohnson2.png

I really like it.

Now THAT'S a good look, and unique. Those red pants are way better than the Chiefs or Cardinals pants, and better than the old Patriots ones too. Blue top/red pants would look unique, since the Texans are one of those teams that don't look very identifiable from a distance...like the Ravens, Falcons, Bears, Jaguars, Broncos.

How do you figure the Bears don't look identifiable from a distance? They use one of the most unique number fonts, not to mention one of if not THE most traditional and recognizable uniforms in the league. And the Jaguars? They're basically the only team that wears teal, and the black helmet distinguishes them from Miami.

I just think the red pants with the navy jerseys and helmets are too much dark color, they need a white element in their uniforms. I really just don't think they have a place for the red pants in their scheme.

Archived