NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Template side piping? What the hell? And where's the shoulder patches? If this is legit (and after all of last year's cellphone cam/Photoshop work, I'm not sold yet,) someone tell the dopes in Buffalo there's an important difference between updating a classic look and taking a piss all over it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You know, the more I look at the crest, the fishier that pic looks, so I'm still holding out on this one. Someone did a concept on here which made the silver accents on the striping very thin, and had a bit of navy space between the silver and yellow. That looked glorious, and that's what I'm still hoping for.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Looks to me like the Sabres' new 3rd, with an old logo Velcro'd on - and other elements (i.e. shoulder patches) not yet added?

sabresnew3rdpb8.png

How do they keep on failing?

I don't understand!

Of all the teams they have the potential to have one of the best sets, and then they throw this at us.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

i think it's a nice way to meld the new colors with the old look. The piping? Meh. Don't like it, but in this case i can overlook it.

I believe this is the real deal here, fellas.

This will be the Sabres main set in 2-3 years.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i think it's a nice way to meld the new colors with the old look. The piping? Meh. Don't like it, but in this case i can overlook it.

I kind of agree with you. I think this jersey might actually look much better on the players. I hated so many of the edge jersey when they came out and now I like most of them with a few exceptions (Atlanta for one). I also think the edge jerseys looks better on the player than the huge baggy ones did. I even don't hate Buffalo's look as much as I did originally. I wish they'd go to the winter classic jerseys though. I love those white throwbacks so much more than the blue throwback.

I hope so.

This jersey (if real), looks sick.

espnsignq8.png

Looks to me like the Sabres' new 3rd, with an old logo Velcro'd on - and other elements (i.e. shoulder patches) not yet added?

sabresnew3rdpb8.png

How do they keep on failing?

I don't understand!

Of all the teams they have the potential to have one of the best sets, and then they throw this at us.

How exactly does this fail? I really don't understand how everyone can be so upset about these jerseys. They are almost perfect, besides this bit of piping. Yes, piping sucks. But does it ruin the jersey? No. This is a very nice, clean design as the striping and logo goes. The piping is just RBK's way to make a jersey look more modern. Stop whining, get used to it. Jeez. One tiny strip of piping and everyone goes absolutely bezerk. This does not ruin the design, by any stretch of the imagination. It just slightly detracts from it. Seriously, everyone was so excited about the Sabres' thirds the entire offseason. I mean, hardcore Sabres fans LOVE these things. So, a small bit of silver is added to it, and it still looks fine. Then, we see some piping, and it suddenly is rejected? Ridiculous.

/Rant

sabresnew3rdpb8.png

OP EDIT: This may or may not be the real deal. This is where I found this image.

I'm holding out on that being fake. The crest looks awfully Photoshop-y.

I'll be hugely disappointed if that's what we end up with. Adding useless piping to a classic uniform pretty much ruins it. If it was just a re-colored classic road uniform with an updated logo (e.g. silver accents), I would've probably bought an authentic Ryan Miller. If what we get is that thing above, then Reebok and the Sabres can go another year without any of my money.

the guy who leaked this is on his way to being :censored:canned because of this.

I think it's fairly obvious the Sabres are leaking this. There's been way too many leaks from them for it to be by chance.

As for the jersey it looks like crap. The "halter top" piping on the side is idiotic and completely unnecessary. Silver and yellow look do not go well together. Like I said earlier: they should have modernized the logo and stuck with the original template. This is nothing but a cash grab.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived