Which Pro Teams Have You Seen in Person?

Island_Style

I am certain that I am forgetting some games I have been to...

NHL: Senators, Flyers, Predators, Hurricanes, Blues, Capitals, Penguins, Panthers, Flames, Canadiens, Bruins, Islanders, Nordiques & Whalers. Never been to Sens/Leafs game... maybe next year. I would probably pick a fight with some Leafs fan, so that would be cool.

MLB: Expos, Cubs, Dodgers, Pirates, Mets, Phillies, Braves & Astros. (I used to go to Expos games)

CFL: Rough Riders/Renegades... in fact, I've seen every team in the CFL. But is the CFL a pro league? In my humble opinion, yes... barely.

I used to go see the Ottawa Lynx alot too, but is that really a pro team? If so, I've probably seen the majority of teams in the International League.

Oh yeah, I also saw Russia vs Finland at some point, but I can't remember which of the 2 World Cups of hockey that was. Trefilov was in nets for Russia, I do remember that.

thecatch.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"CFL: Rough Riders/Renegades... in fact, I've seen every team in the CFL. But is the CFL a pro league? In my humble opinion, yes... barely."

Not to start a new argument but no. The CFL is where NFL rejects go.

"CFL: Rough Riders/Renegades... in fact, I've seen every team in the CFL. But is the CFL a pro league? In my humble opinion, yes... barely."

But these rejects are paid are they not?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NFL: Seen the Pats practice

MLB: Red Sox, A's, Rangers, Diamondbacks, Twins, Orioles, Royals

NBA: Celtics, Raptors, Bulls, Pacers

NHL: Bruins, Lightning, Islanders, Panthers

AHL: Worcester IceCats, Rochester Americans, Hartford Wolfpack, Lowell Lock Monsters, Springfield Falcons, Portland Pirates, Houston Aeros

International League: Pawtucket Red Sox, Durham Bulls

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

My list looks like...

MLB: Cubs, Diamondbacks, Tigers, Rangers, Giants, Athletics, Cardinals, Angels, Astros, Padres, Orioles

NFL: 49ers, Cardinals

AFL: Rattlers, Sabercats

I've also been to some NCAA Tourney games and have seen the Harlem Globetrotters play, which is almost the equvilant of watching the WWE.

6uXNWAo.png

The only two MLB teams I can think of that I haven't seen are Toronto and Tampa Bay (plus Montreal).

NFL: I've seen - Bears, Baltimore Colts, Dolphins, Vikings, Titans, Jags.

NBA: Bulls, Kansas City Kings, Timberwolves, Heat.

NHL: 'Hawks, Wild, Sharks, Wings, Oilers, Canucks.

Moose

MLB: The entire NL, except for the Mets, Padres, Nats(I did see the Expos though), and Dodgers. In the AL, I've seen the Orioles, Indians(x2, once in Baltimore, once in Pittsburgh), Blue Jays, Angels(x5 or 6, all against Baltimore), Rangers, Royals, and I think the Mariners.

NHL: Flyers, Penguins, Red Wings, Flames, Canadiens, Devils, Leafs

AHL: Bears, Penguins, Americans, Pirates, Bulldogs, Phantoms, Senators, Monarchs, Falcons, Crunch, Sound Tigers, Admirals(both of em), River Rats, Wolf Pack, Bruins

I've never been to an NFL or NBA game, actually.

Yes, perhaps, but it's also where the canadian collegiate players end up going. So it's a canadian pro league, merely due to the canadian content rule.

thecatch.jpg

:censored:, it's not even a question. The CFL is absolutely a pro league. They have a national TV deal don't they? The CFL is great. I'd love to go to a game.

BB52Big.jpg

"Professional" != major, top flight, or interesting to you. It means they're paid for what they do.

It's kindof tough to remember all of these, especially the NHL teams, but I'll give it a shot:

NHL - Anaheim, Atlanta, Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minnesota (Wild only), New Jersey, NY Rangers, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Jose, Toronto, Vancouver

AHL - Grand Rapids, Houston, Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

IHL - Chicago, Indianapolis

(can't remember who either opponent was at this point)

MLS - Chicago, Colorado, Houston, Los Angeles, Kansas City, MetroStars, New England, Salt Lake

USL-1 - Atlanta, California, Carolina, Charleston, Miami, Minnesota, Montreal, Portland, Puerto Rico, Rochester, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, Virginia Beach

MLB - Arizona, Atlanta, Chicago (NL), Colorado, Detroit, Minnesota, New York (AL), San Francisco, St. Louis, Seattle

(I feel like I'm missing a bunch from my youth.)

NBA - Minnesota, Utah

WNBA - Detroit, Los Angeles

NFL - none

CFL - none

RHI - Anaheim, Buffalo (both), Chicago (both), Dallas, Detroit, Las Vegas (Coyotes only), Los Angeles, Minnesota (both), Montreal, New England, New Jersey, Oakland, Orlando (both), Ottawa, Philadelphia, Sacramento, San Diego, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Vancouver

(I can't completely verify the accuracy of this list, but it was a lot of teams.)

And, damnit, I hate you all, I just spent an hour in a nostalgic stupor. :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Let's see...

NBA - Celtics, 76ers, Cavilers

NHL - None (The only season I followed the Whalers while in existence was the last season. I was too young to even understand what happened. :( I have since abandoned following the NHL live.)

NFL - Patriots, Colts, Ravens, Buccaneers, Packers

MLB - Red Sox, Mariners, Yankees, Twins, Giants, Marlins*

NCAAB - UConn, Seton Hall, Georgetown, UMass, CCSU

NCAAF - UConn, Temple, BC, Akron, Army, Syracuse, Buffalo, Liberty, Rutgers, USF, Rhode Island, Cincinnati, Maine

* - Marlins game I was supposed to go to was rained out.

uconn2.pngliverpoolfc.png

I've seen every American League team in MLB, plus New York Mets, Philadelphia, Washington and Montreal

NHL-wise I've seen Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, Chicago, New York Rangers and St. Louis Blues

In the NBA I've seen Toronto, Chicago, Cleveland, Orlando, New Jersey, New York, Portland and Washington

I've only seen Buffalo and Miami in the NFL

I've seen every CFL team including the Ottawa Renegades

I've seen every MLS team except San Jose, who I will see later this year

1zqy8ok.gif

NHL: Leafs, Sharks, Pens, Kings, Coyotes, Predators.

MLB: Jays, Mariners, Devil Rays, Rays, Oriols, Rangers, Angels, Royals, Tigers, Twins, White Sox, Athletics. Essentially every AL Team except for Boston or NY that I can remember. Sad.

NBA: Raptors, Cavs, Spurs, Vancouver Griz (I think), and some others I cannot remember from the days they played out of the Skydome.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

NHL: Bruins, Senators, Lightning, Sabres, Thrashers

NBA: Celtics, Hawks, Pacers. I've seen more, I just went to a bunch of games in 1997 so I can't remember for crap.

MLB: Red Sox, "Devil" Rays, Twins, Yankees, Royals. I've been to more also, just cant remember.

NFL: Patriots vs Dolphins 1/1/06. Game where Flutie hit the dropkick.

MLS: Revolution, FC Dallas, New York Red Bulls

Not a major league sport, but when I was really little my parents took me to a Sarasota Red Sox game where it was 9:30 in the 5th inning, because the score was like 14-11, and we had to leave because it was past my bedtime.

Major League Baseball Teams I?ve seen in person:

New York Mets

Atlanta Braves

Florida Marlins

Washington Nationals

Philadelphia Phillies

Milwaukee Brewers

St. Louis Cardinals

Pittsburgh Pirates

Houston Astros

Cincinnati Reds

Oakland Athletics

San Francisco Giants

San Diego Padres

Arizona Diamondbacks

Colorado Rockies

Los Angeles Dodgers

Baltimore Orioles

New York Yankees

Kansas City Royals

Toronto Blue Jays

Detroit Tigers

Minnesota Twins

Los Angeles Angels

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Cubs

Boston Red Sox

Texas Rangers (Not officially until Saturday 6/14)

National Football League Teams I?ve Seen in person:

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

Minnesota Vikings

Detroit Lions

Cincinnati Bengals

Seattle Seahawks

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Tennessee Titans

Houston Texans

Houston Oilers

Oakland Raiders

Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Arizona Cardinals

Cleveland Browns

San Diego Chargers

Kansas City Chiefs

Denver Broncos

Washington Redskins

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

St. Louis Rams

NHL Teams I?ve Seen in Person:

New York Rangers

New York Islanders

New Jersey Devils

Calgary Flames

Vancouver Canucks

Toronto Maple Leafs

Tampa Bay Lightning

Pittsburgh Penguins

Philadelphia Flyers

Florida Panthers

Winnipeg Jets

Montreal Canadiens

Ottawa Senators

Washington Capitals

Phoenix Coyotes

Buffalo Sabres

Dallas Stars (2000 Stanley Cup Finals)

Detroit Red Wings (1995 Stanley Cup Finals)

Boston Bruins

NBA Teams I?ve Seen in Person:

New Jersey Nets

New York Knicks

Milwaukee Bucks

Dallas Mavericks

Denver Nuggets

Orlando Magic

Cleveland Cavaliers

Detroit Pistons

Los Angeles Lakers (2002 NBA Finals)

Memphis Grizzlies

Toronto Raptors

Washington Wizards

Indiana Pacers

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

NBA:

Sonics, Vancouver Grizzlies, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, LA Kings, Portland, Minnesota, Utah, Denver, Boston, Milwaukee

NFL:

Seahawks, Redskins (twice in playoffs), Cowboys (romo botched snap), Panthers (NFC Championship), Cardinals, 49ers, Rams, Oakland, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Miami, Tampa Bay, Denver, San Diego

MLB:

Mariners, Tigers, Twins, Yankees, Red Sox, Athletics, Angels, Rangers, Rays, Padres, Blue Jays

NHL:

Canucks, Flames

NFL

NFC

Dallas

NY Giants

Redskins

Eagles

Packers

Vikings

Lions

Bears

Bucs

Panthers

Saints

Falcons

49ers

AFC

Patriots

Bills

Jets

Steelers

Browns

Bengals

Ravens

Titans

Chargers

Raiders

MLB

NL

Phillies

Marlins

Braves

Mets

Nationals

Cubs

Cardinals

Brewers

Astros

Pirates

Reds

Dodgers

Giants

Padres

Rockies

Expos

AL

Red Sox

Yankees

NBA

76ers

Cavs (Nance era)

Pistons

Magic (Shaq era)

Bullets (Bol era)

Warriors (Webber rookie era)

Nuggets (Mutombo)

T-Wolves (Laettner)

Jazz

NHL

Montreal

Pittsburgh

New Jersey (red / green!)

Flyers

Sabres

Tampa Bay

Minnesota North Stars

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived