New Virginia Tech Uniforms Unveiled

TFoA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knew I'd seen that nameplate font somewhere before...

Hard to tell from that pic but I'm positive it's identical to the one on the Saints' 1980's jersey with the state logo on the sleeves.

No, it clearly isn't. Look at the bottom of the VT #5. The tip has a diagonal line that does not match what the Saints have.

A nameplate usually doesn't have 5's on it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hard to tell from that pic but I'm positive it's identical to the one on the Saints' 1980's jersey with the state logo on the sleeves.

No, it clearly isn't. Look at the bottom of the VT #5. The tip has a diagonal line that does not match what the Saints have.

You do know what a nameplate is, right?...

:rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

You do know what a nameplate is, right?...

:rolleyes:

No I don't. I guess I can't tell the difference between a nameplate and a number font. My bad. :wacko:

Where did Nike get those unis from? Blitz: The League?

The number font is very close to the New York Nightmare, circa 2005 - and there's not anything wrong with that in my book. The only thing keeping me from really liking these unis is the the lack of TV numbers. That design practically screams out for sleeve numbers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think Virginia Tech has to be commended for consistently coming up uniforms that may not always meet approval here, but are usually "cool" looking and fairly cutting edge. They have also found a way to make maroon and orange fit together well, when it's arguably not the greatest combo to work with.

Bucky

Anyone else seeing the "sports bra effect" like I am?

Yep, I see it now that you pointed it out.

Instead of a separate color and material, like Oregon State, this looks like its just a different material.

Overall, it's a pretty nice update, it meshes together well, the continuity between VT logo and jerseys is nice. Although I do miss the quirky piping-heavy ones just a small bit. haha

The Orange panels on the home jersey seem a bit large, but that's because of the fact that they're, well, orange.

I believe that they'll look fine when there are pads underneath.

As for the away jerseys, I have no complaints.

Overall, a very solid update for the Hokies.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Nice uniform. I like it overall, however the "sports-bra effect" may be more pronounced in game action under stadium lights.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

wait till they start sweating. I bet those orange side panels change colors. Looks like something BYU would try for a year. They are different, but they lack purpose, like the orange piping on the pants. Why bother?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived