Steelers 3rds

SoxSteeler

Now let's see them produce the white version of these jerseys...

No, let's see them return to the block numbers that looked so badass and ditch the Futura crap they've been using.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Now let's see them produce the white version of these jerseys...

That was exactly my thought the second LEWJ posted that image. Distinct and classic.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mann.

I think all teams should be required to have a throwback alternate, and I think it should be planned so that they are all worn the same week.

That would be quite cool, if done right, IMO.

I agree with ya, I'd like to see the NFL have one or two Throwback Weekends, like in 1994. Every team except for the Texans has a throwback, and I also think teams should wear them on the same weekend...I'd love to see my Steelers wear these throwbacks against the Browns wearing plain white helmets.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Mann.

I think all teams should be required to have a throwback alternate, and I think it should be planned so that they are all worn the same week.

That would be quite cool, if done right, IMO.

I agree with ya, I'd like to see the NFL have one or two Throwback Weekends, like in 1994. Every team except for the Texans has a throwback, and I also think teams should wear them on the same weekend...I'd love to see my Steelers wear these throwbacks against the Browns wearing plain white helmets.

I agree with you completely. For example the Jets last year wore their Titans throwbacks against the Eagles who were an NFL team. They would make so much more sense against an old AFL team who wore throwbacks as well.

mets.png

Yes, the Steelers need to "celebrate" those glory years in the 1960's, when they dominated football.

They should have burned those "throwbacks" after last year. They aren't attractive and they don't celebrate a good time in Steeler football.

They have basically worn the same looking uniform for the past 35 years. Isn't that "throwback" enough for everybody?

Yes, the Steelers need to "celebrate" those glory years in the 1960's, when they dominated football.

They should have burned those "throwbacks" after last year. They aren't attractive and they don't celebrate a good time in Steeler football.

They have basically worn the same looking uniform for the past 35 years. Isn't that "throwback" enough for everybody?

What he said.

Packers-2.png

I think they are okay. I don't understand the disgust towards the yellow helmet. It's part of the ensemble, make the helmet black and it's no longer a complete throwback set. To me, that would be even more ridiculous. It would be like when baseball teams wear their current batting helmets on retro nights, it's a small detail but I still notice it and it's not pleasing.

No, let's see them return to the block numbers that looked so badass and ditch the Futura crap they've been using.

Im honestly surprised the franchise has stuck with the crappy rounded numbers for as long as they have. This is what, season 11 or 12 of those? I agree completely that the block numbers need to come back full time, its a change that shouldnt have been made in the first place.

I'm honestly not feeling these, I hope they don't over use these alts.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Is it me, or would the Steelers throwbacks look MUCH better with the current helmet/pants?

Besides, if you're gonna rock yellow shells, you'd better be Green Bay...

Archived