places where you'd like to attend a game

goalieboy82

what stadium would you like to see a game at (any sport at that stadium). any game at any time

here are mind

current

1: Kangaroos game at MCG

2: Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Notre Dame Stadium

3: Yankees game at Yankee Stadium (new one as of now)

4: FA Cup Final At Wembley Stadium

5: Rose Bowl game

6: USAFA Falcons at Falcon Stadium (with my dad as that is the college he went to)

past stadiums

1: Kangaroos game at arden street

2: Yankees game at old yankees stadium

3: Maple Leafs game at Maple Leaf Garden

4: game at Boston Garden

5: Boxing at Yankee Stadium

so long and thanks for all the fish.

In terms of basketball and hockey (and to some degree, football) I don't think the facilities merit that much of an "attraction". An arena is an arena, as far as I'm concerned. I'm also a fan of teams in those sports, so I'd only really be interesting in seeing my team playing, not the stadium or arena. For instance, being an LSU fan, I'd have NO interest in going to a Rose Bowl game, unless LSU was in it....

However, a baseball game being a more 'pastoral' activity allows one to appreciate the nuances of each stadium. One can go to a baseball stadium and watch any game and experience a "sense of place", especially now that we have passed the era of cookie-cutter stadiums. And personally, not being a big fan of one team, it allows me to focus on the overall experience.

Thus, my list is limited to baseball:

1. Red Sox game at Fenway

2. Cubs game at Wrigley

3. Giants game at AT&T (even though I saw them in San Fran back in '92 when they played at Candlestick)

It is what it is.

Would love to see a game at Wrigley.

I had the privilege of sitting in Fenway for the '99 All-Star Game. While it was not the most comfortable seat in the house, and the game was a real dud, I more enjoyed thinking about the legends who have played there.

Would have loved to gone to a game at Griffith, Connie Mack, Ebbets or any of the deadball era parks.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Keeping to places that are still standing, I'd love to see a game at Fenway Park more than any other.

I'd like to see an auto race at Mount Panorama in Bathurst in Australia. It's a race circuit that runs up to and along the top of a mountain and then plunges down into the valley below before circling back again for another run up and along the mountain top. Awesome. TV does not do the elevation changes justice.

I'd also like to see a race at Spa in Belgium. It's the best Grand Prix circuit.

I'd also like to see a race at Monaco in Monte Carlo. It's the best Grand Prix atmosphere.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I would love to see every ballpark, but of the ones I haven't been to (Yankee, Fenway, Camda, PNC, Jacobs, Rogers) I would most like to see the Chicacgo Cubs at Wrigley.

Others:

Packers @ Lambeau

Pens @ Igloo

Notre Dame @ ND Stadium

Duke @ Cameron Indoor

Irish National Team @ Lansdowne Road (After Renovations are completed)

saBS.png

Might be breaking the rules a little with using rivalries I'd like to see at specific venues with some cases, but other than that here it goes

Yankees-Red Sox at Fenway (or any game there really)

Any game at Wrigley

Any Notre Dame game at ND Stadium

Maple Leafs-Canadiens at the Bell Centre

Duke-UNC (hoops) at either venue

Quite a few ballparks come to think about it, as well as NHL arenas

NASCAR Sprint Cup at Bristol

Syracuse-Johns Hopkins lacrosse in an NCAA Tournament game

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

In terms of basketball and hockey (and to some degree, football) I don't think the facilities merit that much of an "attraction". An arena is an arena, as far as I'm concerned. I'm also a fan of teams in those sports, so I'd only really be interesting in seeing my team playing, not the stadium or arena. For instance, being an LSU fan, I'd have NO interest in going to a Rose Bowl game, unless LSU was in it....

I agree - to an extent. I've been to about 2/3 of the MLB parks (and am planning a trip next summer that will add 4-5 more), but I'm a college hockey fan, and have to say that it's interesting to visit, say a place like this:

bemidji.jpg

(A 2300 seat venue, where all the seats are on one side in the form of plastic pull-out bleachers, like you'd see in a high school gym)

Then, 110 miles away, you've got this:

Ralph_6-560x419.jpg

(a 12,000 seat venue, where the concourse is made of marble:

0_62_arena3_lobby.jpg

and each of those 2,00 seats is leather with cherry-wood armrests:

2005-09-27-inside-sioux-cha.jpg

Here's the funny part - it's not as if the team in rink #1 is D-III, and the team in rink #2 is D-I... In fact, if you look closely, they are playing against each other in that first picture in the crappy rink... So, while ballparks are different, there is certainly enough variety in other sports to enjoy traveling to see what else is out there...

Moose

ps - I highly reccomend you get to the second rink. It's the Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks, ND - home of the Fighting Sioux, and one of ESPN's Ultimate Hockey Experiences...

Daytona

Talladega

Bristol

Lambeau Field

The Big House

LSU/Georgia/Florida/Auburn/Alabama...Hell, most of the SEC

Dodger Stadium

The Big A

Busch Stadium

Notre Dame

PNC Field

and finally...I'm an alum and everything but I have never been to a game at The Horseshoe.

BB52Big.jpg

Not counting local Twin Cities sports venues, I've already been to Lambeau Field once (the Randy Moss "moon" game), so that one's down.

Other non-Twin Cities sports venues where I'd like to attend at least one sporting event before I die:

• Bell Center (Canadiens) in Montreal
  • Camp Randall Stadium (U of Wisconsin football) in Madison
  • Churchill Downs, Louisville
  • Conseco Fieldhouse in Indy
  • The new Dallas Cowboys stadium
  • Emirates Stadium (home of Arsenal) in London
  • Indy Motor Speedway (I did tour the Speedway several years ago but haven't attended a race there)
  • Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy
  • Miller Park in Milwaukee
  • Raymond James Stadium in Tampa (actually, screw the stadium; I'd just love to hang out on that pirate ship B) )
  • Wrigley Field in Chicago

Past venues I wish I could have gone to:

• Any one of the old NHL Original Six arenas (esp. Chicago Stadium for a North Stars-Blackhawks game)
  • Milwaukee County Stadium
  • Highbury (Arsenal's old grounds a few blocks away from Emirates; since converted into condos)
  • Pre-renovation Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (i.e. as it existed for the '84 Olympics)
  • Pre-renovation Soldier Field in Chicago

CCSLC signature.png

Yankee Stadium, but that will not be fulfilled, well, at least not the "better" one. =(

But realistically, I'd love to visit the Georgia Dome or the Rose Bowl.

My favorite stadium is the Dr Pepper/7-Up Ballpark in Frisco Texas, home of the Frisco RoughRiders.

http://www.ballparkreviews.com/frisco/frisco.htm

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Venues I would like to see in person and attend a game there:

English Premier League:

Fratton Park - Portsmouth Hampshire, England (Portsmouth F.C.)

Emirates Stadium - Ashburton Grove, London (Arsenal)

Southeastern Conference:

Sanford Stadium - Athens, Georgia

Neyland Stadium - Knoxville, Tennessee

Tiger Stadium - Baton Rouge, Louisiana

MLB Ballparks:

PNC Park - Pittsburgh

World Cup Final wherever it is

Newcastle United - St James' Park

NY Rangers/Knicks - MSG

Bryant Denny Stadium- Alabama Crimson Tide

Fenway Park (On the Green Monster) - Boston Red Sox

Lambeau Field again

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I always lament the fact I never saw a game, especially Blues/Blackhawks, at Chicago Stadium. I've seen that matchup at two other arenas (St. Louis Arena, United Center), but wasn't really old enough to have gone to a game in Chicago when they played at the Stadium. (None of the rest of my family is much into sports.)

While I've been inside Maple Leaf Gardens for a tour, I wish I'd've given in and tried to get some scalped tickets when I had the chance in 1999. And, in a weird choice, I think it'd be cool to see a game at Globe Arena in Stockholm.

I still need to go to Cards/Cubs at Wrigley. In Cardinal Red, of course. :D There are a few other parks I'd like to see, such as Fenway.

I will go to the MCG at some point in my life, yessir. Ideally for a Grand Final.

Seems like Centre Court at Wimbledon is something to experience, even if I'm not a huge tennis fan.

I'm thinking about going to the Home Depot Center in November for MLS Cup. I've heard it's pretty damned nice. I've been to three of the MLS "soccer specific stadiums," (Chicago, Colorado, and Columbus) so it'll be good to add another to the list.

Oh, and next year, I am going to Estadio Azteca, wearing the red, white, and blue.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Rose Bowl

Lambeau Field

Wrigley Field

Fenway Park

Dodgers Stadium

Michigan Stadium

Reliant Stadium

Air Canada Centre (for a leafs game)

Madison Square Garden

Rosenblatt Stadium

Williamsport

Wimbledon

Augusta National

St. Andrews

Pebble Beach

Daytona

Coors Field

Olympics (anywhere)

PvO6ZWJ.png

CitiField

Wrigley

Fenway

Bell Centre

Air Canada Centre

Winter Classic - anywhere

A Stanley Cup Game - preferably at the Rock ^_^

I would have also loved to see a game at a classic arena such as the Montreal Forum or any other original six arena with character that has been torn down.

Maybe it's because I'm a Mets fan but I really thought Yankee stadium to be very over-rated. It's kind of run down and not that much nicer than Shea. I know some may go for the history but it had a huge renovation int the seventies that completely changed it.

The Rose Bowl Game

The Sun Bowl Game (Don't ask me why, it's a favorite of mine.)

Notre Dame, Michigan, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Clemson, Nebraska, Texas, BYU for football.

Duke, North Carolina, actually any of the Carolina schools for basketball.

Fenway, New Yankee Stadium (since it'll be the same look as old), Citi Field, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Colorado, San Diego, San Francisco, and Houston for baseball.

Hockey - Boston, Montreal, MSG, Toronto, Detroit, Calgary and Edmonton for the battle of Alberta.

Racing - Indy, Daytona, I know this'll sound bad since it's 20 minutes away but Long Beach, Monaco, LeMans, Infineon, Watkins Glen, Lowe's Motorspeedway in Charlotte, and Bristol.

Pebble Beach, Augusta, and I think it's Royal St. Andrews for the British Open.

Archived