Vancouver Pacers?

kiwi_canadian

Mukwonago... :D and I thought the rumor that Jordan was considering building a new arena in Racine had he bought the Bucks was stupid (mainly due to one very good question: where the hell would they build it? Cus I know for a fact Milwaukeeans would've stayed away in droves in this scenario. They generally don't come here unless they want some Chick-fil-a* :P ). Thanks for the laugh. It'd be on the top of my list if we were talking about forming a state football league, but I figure Waukesha, West Allis, or Tosa would be better spots for an arena.

*Scrim's note: Racine is, among other things, home to Wisconsin's only Chick-fil-a. And that spicy chicken finally found its way up here. All I'ma say is it makes me wanna go WOOOOOOOO! like Ric Flair.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO!! We are pretty well known in Racine for our Chick-Fil-a runs, huh? That and going to Kenosha for some White Castle (also the only one in WI) is almost a right of passage for Milwaukeeans.

I could see an arena in 'tosa or 'stallis, but Racine is probably the only place outside of Milwaukee County that would ever build an arena. Waukesha County would never build anything that might encourage mass transit development and open up the possibility of their precious Leave It To Beaver land being invaded by (AHEM!) "urban" residents.

But I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised to see so much support for the NHL in Milwaukee... too bad the possibility probably won't be so much as flirted with unless the Bucks leave. And that definitely won't happen as long as the Senator owns the team.

I won't lie, I was about thisclose to heading all the way up to Racine for a Chick-Fil-A run. Thankfully, they're building one in Orland Park.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I had no idea there was a Chick-Fil-A in Racine. Haven't been up that way in about eight years. I'll have to check that one out, but Kenosha can have its stupid White Castle. I've never been to one of those and not wound up violently ill. And I'm not someone with a tender tummy.

Anyway, to get off the fast food tangent, I'll cross my fingers that the Blue Jackets or Predators will fail (they're both highly vulnerable) and a Milwaukee group will come together to drag one of them north to the land of ice and snow. Failing that, maybe the Blackhawks can invoke the questionable Wisconsin territorial rights that kept the Ads from joining the league, and syndicate their games on some Madison/Milwaukee stations.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yea, while I'm certainly not from Wisconsin, I believe that Utah only has one Chick-fil-A, in Murray or Sandy (south Salt Lake valley), unless Ogden/Provo-Orem/St. George has gotten one recently. St. George has the only 2 Jack in the Boxes in Utah that I know of, and they had the first In-and-Out Burger joint (though Orem has a couple now), so a Chick-fil-A might not be too far behind.

But I digress.

It would be great to see an NHL incarnation of the Admirals. Milwaukee seems to have quite a bit of history with the Admirals and the AHL in general. It could soon be time for them to make the leap to the majors.

Of course, I'd like to, someday, see an NHL incarnation of the Salt Lake Golden Eagles (maybe replace "Salt Lake" with "Utah"). When you factor in the entire Wasatch Front, that population is comparable to the Greater Milwaukee area (2.3 Million for Wasatch Front as opposed to 2 Million for Greater Milwaukee). Of course, both Milwaukee and Salt Lake have NBA teams, which pretty much go head-to-head with the NHL their entire seasons. But a man can dream.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Of course, I'd like to, someday, see an NHL incarnation of the Salt Lake Golden Eagles (maybe replace "Salt Lake" with "Utah").

Only if they wear this:

GoldenEagles15DAYroadfrontG.jpg

And though NHL Salt Lake is a pipe dream, because the Jazz aren't going anywhere, ever, wouldn't adopting the Grizzlies' identity be more likely and more business-savvy? They've been around for the past 15 years now. (And have had some of the best uniforms in minor league hockey for the majority of the past decade.)

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Of course, I'd like to, someday, see an NHL incarnation of the Salt Lake Golden Eagles (maybe replace "Salt Lake" with "Utah").

Only if they wear this:

GoldenEagles15DAYroadfrontG.jpg

And though NHL Salt Lake is a pipe dream, because the Jazz aren't going anywhere, ever, wouldn't adopting the Grizzlies' identity be more likely and more business-savvy? They've been around for the past 15 years now. (And have had some of the best uniforms in minor league hockey for the majority of the past decade.)

Hey, wait, I thought this thread morphed into one about potential NHL cities, not about NBA cities in danger of losing their teams. :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I could see an arena in 'tosa or 'stallis, but Racine is probably the only place outside of Milwaukee County that would ever build an arena. Waukesha County would never build anything that might encourage mass transit development and open up the possibility of their precious Leave It To Beaver land being invaded by (AHEM!) "urban" residents.

Actually, now that I think about it an even better arena location may be the south end of the city/county of Milwaukee, say Oak Creek. This is reasonably close to Racine and Waukesha Counties, and of course to Milwaukee itself. (Alas, the folks up north in Oz/Wash would still be SOL.) Perhaps even more importantly, this would also be a fairly short drive to/from the airport, making it ideal for team travel, particularly when arranging for back-to-back games in Milwaukee and Chicago.

CCSLC signature.png

Good to see the Bucks got their slogan from a gay steel mill.

Oh, be nice!!

gaysteelmill.jpg

Hey, be glad we didn't end up with "MILWAUKEE BUCKS: Hot stuff... comin' thru!" :D

Actually, now that I think about it an even better arena location may be the south end of the city/county of Milwaukee, say Oak Creek. This is reasonably close to Racine and Waukesha Counties, and of course to Milwaukee itself. (Alas, the folks up north in Oz/Wash would still be SOL.) Perhaps even more importantly, this would also be a fairly short drive to/from the airport, making it ideal for team travel, particularly when arranging for back-to-back games in Milwaukee and Chicago.

To be honest, I don't see the north or south shore being any more willing than Waukesha County to let an arena go up. It's pretty much Milwaukee, Racine, West Allis, Wauwatosa or possibly Greenfield. UWM is trying to get approval from the UW board to build an on-campus arena similar to the UIC Pavilion and USF SunDome and the idea of installing cooling coils has come up, but there's no chance that they'll even think about building it large enough to accommodate a NHL team before the league shows some type of interest.

Ha, I hadn't noticed that. I take it Scott Skiles is getting replaced by Paul Westhead.

Good to see the Bucks got their slogan from a gay steel mill.

Oh, be nice!!

gaysteelmill.jpg

Hey, be glad we didn't end up with "MILWAUKEE BUCKS: Hot stuff... comin' thru!" :D

To be honest, I don't see the north or south shore being any more willing than Waukesha County to let an arena go up. It's pretty much Milwaukee, Racine, West Allis, Wauwatosa or possibly Greenfield. UWM is trying to get approval from the UW board to build an on-campus arena similar to the UIC Pavilion and USF SunDome and the idea of installing cooling coils has come up, but there's no chance that they'll even think about building it large enough to accommodate a NHL team before the league shows some type of interest.

Milwaukee: Cheese Curds, Beer, Hockey. How could it possibly fail?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Cheese curds are more of an "up nort" thing... originally I was gonna say something like "but if a NHL team gets the Bradley Center to start selling them, then that's just another reason to push for a team," but knowing the BC, they'll charge upwards of $5.50 for a boat that probably won't even hold more than 10 of them.

BTW, for those who don't know cheese curds are little chunks of cheese dipped in breading and fried. They were formerly one of the most heart-attack inducing foods in existence until KFC's double decker sandwich made them seem harmless by comparison.

Archived