NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

I saw this video on another site, hopefully this isnt old news.

It's the Thunder vs. Golden State. OKC is wearing Sonics "throwbacks" and the Warriors have on their new hideous alts. They look like those "Turn Forward the Clock" uniforms that MLB did a few years ago.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the Thunder vs. Golden State. OKC is wearing Sonics "throwbacks" and the Warriors have on their new hideous alts. They look like those "Turn Forward the Clock" uniforms that MLB did a few years ago.

Oh the horror! What the heck is that!?! thblink.gif

2009-10_warriors_alt.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

2009-10_warriors_alt.jpg

That looks like Seattle next to that jersey. Oregon has a jersey similar to that Warriors one.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I don't think the RIP CITY uniform is all that bad, after finding out the meaning behind the quote "Rip City".

Now on a different note, I heard a rumor from my Orlando Magic ticket rep that the Magic might in fact have an

alternate Black w/ pinstripe uniform ready for next season(2010-2011 season), which would be their first year in the new Amway Center. That would be great!

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

2009-10_warriors_alt.jpg

PLEASE tell me that Warriors jersey is one of those fan-made custom jerseys. If not... :puke:

sportsbanner-single.jpg

2009-10_warriors_alt.jpg

PLEASE tell me that Warriors jersey is one of those fan-made custom jerseys. If not... :puke:

That's the jersey that won the NBA Live 09 Jersey Creator Contest, it's not an official jersey.

Backreading is your friend. :)

I disliked the "Rip City" unis from the start, just because I thought the design was bad. I saw them live last night though and they looked great in action. Some designs just do that - they look better on players running around and jumping than they do flat on screen. By contrast, the Suns jerseys have always been the opposite for me (look worse in action than any flat photo would lead you to believe).

As far as them saying "Rip City" . . . I love it. I know it doesn't mean anything to people outside of Portland, but I can't think of a more beloved phrase to who people grew up with the Blazers. Everyone in Portland knows what Rip City is. Rip City is very important to the city, the team, and the fans and using it on the front of a jersey for a game that was supposed to celebrate our history was awesome.

Cool stuff.

How come there are so many teams that have great looking alternate logos with mediocre primaries? I was going to start a new thread but figured I'd ask here. Teams that come to mind:

Atlanta

Charlotte

Golden State

Los Angeles Clippers

Miami

New Orleans

Toronto

Hornets are having a special uniform for Mardi Gras, apparently. I was scrolling through the teams and jerseys on NBA 2K10 and it accidentally revealed "Mardi Gras" as a uniform, but the uniform picture didn't show up because it's locked, and it's also apparently a home jersey. Also, several teams have a Hardwood Classic too according to this game.

bSLCtu2.png

Hornets are having a special uniform for Mardi Gras, apparently. I was scrolling through the teams and jerseys on NBA 2K10 and it accidentally revealed "Mardi Gras" as a uniform, but the uniform picture didn't show up because it's locked, and it's also apparently a home jersey. Also, several teams have a Hardwood Classic too according to this game.

I haven't seen the unis, but apparently there's going to be Green in it (think Celtics Green).

Archived