Uniforms that need to make a comeback

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll bite, but these will be for teams I don't root for:

schmidt03pf-1.jpg

Phillies maroon era unis. Racing stripes, baby! Distinctive, elegant, aggressive: One of the best uniform sets in baseball history, by far the best the Phillies have ever worn, and possibly the only truly great uniforms of the 1970s. I'd have to stop hating the Phillies if they went back to these.

The thing with those uniforms (and most of the racing-stripe era uniforms) is that they work better with the tighter cut of those uniforms. The way players wear their uniforms today, they wouldn't have nearly the same appeal. I never really thought that any of the throwback incarnations of these or the blue road ones worked well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

91-94.png

I like your choices of uniforms.

And I like that you brought back Quebec, Winnipeg and Hartford.

However...you allow Anaheim, Phoenix, Miami and Tampa Bay to stay in your league, but not Colorado?

I like your choices of uniforms.

And I like that you brought back Quebec, Winnipeg and Hartford.

However...you allow Anaheim, Phoenix, Miami and Tampa Bay to stay in your league, but not Colorado?

Well, if he has Quebec, then there wouldn't be a Colorado.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

t1_aloliver.jpg

tim_raines1.jpg

There's as much of a chance of this coming back as of me running for president of Iran and winning. But dammit, this was an awesome set. You could say this about any of the baby blue away jerseys. Especially this one:

10282gt.jpg

pg2_g_vuckovich4_400.jpg

And the Astros should bring this back as a retro alt:

51ABfXf3bqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

80s baseball...gotta love it.

397px-TaylorTwellman_2006_MLS_Cup.jpg

I know it's a template, but IMO it's the best one the Revs have ever worn.

t1_clemens_toronto.jpg

Never should have switched to the abominations they wear now.

Kobe%20Bryant%20in%20vintage%20Lakers%20uniform%20pumps%20his%20fist.jpg

I wish they would have never switched to the uniforms they wear now with the goofy necks. These would've looked just fine if they had just gotten rid of the goofy shadows on the numbers.

I think there are very few teams that would improve their look more by going back to something than they would if they did a redesign, but one that came into my head right away was the Bengals. They had it perfect, then made it worse by trying to modernize it.

p1_dillon.jpg

Note that I didn't post it, but I'll use the opportunity to expand on this. Some of the members here and I have had discussions about how perfect these uniforms were. If they wanted a modernized look without going to the ridiculous state they are now, all they would have to do is wear that set's black pants more often.

rudi-johnson.jpg

I agree with both of you; those uniforms were great.

My favorite Bengals uniforms, easily.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Utah Jazz Green (early 1980s):

jazz_dantley_240.jpg

Good call! Those were actual one of my first uni mysteries. I was probably like 7 (so early 90's, before the internet), and there was about a two second clip on this NBA blooper tape I had that showed that jersey. I always thought it was a green Jazz jersey, and how great that would look, but I was never able to confirm it until I got the internet. I even went to the library, where they had short little yearbook type things with a history of each NBA team, and that uniform wasn't shown in the book. Unfortunately, that was about the most research a 7 year old could do at the time.

block numerals nuff said

TERRY%20BRADSHAW%20SB%20XIII.jpg

AAHG023~Franco-Harris-Posters.jpg

They NEVER should have gone to futura in the first place!

AMEN on the Steelers' number font. Jack Lambert would NOT have approved.

And if I've said it once, I've said it 1,000 times: I can NOT die in peace until somebody fixes Ron Wolf's grave error and brings back the double-striping on the Packers' sleeves. (They haven't won a Super Bowl since the change.)

p1_favre1.jpg

And move the G back down to the middle of the helmet while you're at it. Enough of this unbalanced crap!

10favre_slide2.jpg

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Archived