Choose your own Oregon uniforms!

PackerBadger

The UniWatch Blog points out this site that allows viewers to choose their own favorite combinations of Oregon football uniforms.

For the record, my choices (all including the green helmet and white shoes and socks)

HOME: Green jersey, white pants. (But if gold pants were offered, I'd choose those.)

ROAD: White-with-green jersey, green pants.

ALT: Black jersey, green pants.

There. How difficult can that be? (Carbon? Steel?)

Packers-2.png

This is pretty cool, here's what I have:

HOME: Green helmet, green jersey, white pants, white shoes/socks

AWAY: White helmet, white jersey w/ green, green pants, white shoes/socks

HOME ALT: Green helmet, yellow jersey, white pants, white shoes/socks

AWAY ALT: Green helmet, white jersey w/ green, white pants, white shoes/socks

For the record, black/black/black and carbon/black/carbon look really good. I just didn't pick them because, well, black and carbon are NOT school colors.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

(HOME) carbon helmet - green jersey - green pants - black socks & cleats

crbngrngrnblk.gif

AND/OR

(ROAD) green helmet - white jersey - green pants - white socks & cleats

grnwhtgrnwht.gif

AND/OR

(ALT) green helmet - yellow jersey - green pants - black socks & cleats

grnylwgrnblk.gif

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

HOME: carbon helmet, green jersey, black pants, black socks/shoes...

AWAY: white helmet, white jersey with green, white pants, white socks/shoes...

ALT: green helmet, yellow jersey, green pants, white socks/shoes.

if only they had yellow pants to choose from, and/or a yellow helmet. there just weren't enough combinations! B)

#1 - A football team's helmet is a primary source of its identity. No team should have more than one helmet. Oregon's helmets should be yellow or green. I prefer yellow.

#2 - Carbon is not a color. Grey is. However, Grey numbers on a white jersey are unreadable and stupid.

#3 - Consistency also helps establish a team's identity. See Yankees, Longhorns, Canadiens, etc. Oregon should pick something and stick with it for at least 10 years.

#4 - It is a positive to differentiate your team from others. Uniqueness is good. Oklahoma/Indiana/Arkansas/etc. are very similar. Name another college team that has Yellow and Green as it's main colors? Name another team with a bright yellow helmet? (LSU). Big missed opportunity here.

My choices.

Yellow Helmet.

Green (H),White (A) and Yellow (alt) jerseys.

Yellow (H/A), White (alt) pants.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I just went through looking for unique combos that might not be their team colors, but still look slick. Only one I actually want to see them try is Carbon/Yellow/Steel. That would stand out.

Neat site, good find. I just messed with it and put it black, black, steel and it appears that the school colors of green and yellow are nowhere to be seen. Also, what is the difference between steel and carbon? Is it the shading?

KISSwall09.jpg

Oregon looks incredible. This is the best they've looked since the Harrington era. Simple, clean, and it shows up well against the blue turf.

Boise State on the other hand... ugh. The silver numbers are completely unnecessary. Although, for some reason I like gray facemasks better than the white.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived