NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone honestly say that this...

St+Louis+Rams+v+Atlanta+Falcons+Au551aYX4Mwl.jpg3427530007_c3d48564b0.jpg

actually looks better than this?

atl2-1.jpg

Clean, classic look. That's what an NFL team is supposed to look like. I am not entirely familiar with the Falcons' '66 uniforms so I may be off base here but my first impression when I saw these was that they were a cross between '66 and the Jerry Glanville era look. In any case they look great.

BB52Big.jpg

Not really a uni note, but the Saints warmup / sideline gear (mustard-gold shirts / tops, black pants / shorts) looks sweet. Granted, the gold doesn't match any of the 40 golds on their uniform (what a shock), but their team looks great during pregames.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it me or do the Bills red side inserts seem wider? I'm watching the Tampa Bay-Buffalo game and it sure looks like more red than usual.

Yeah I noticed that too. Has it always been that off or did they just make them more wider.

4kv29i.jpg

The Giants road pants with the home jerseys look a little different; I prefer the normal home pants. But they really don't need two pairs of gray pants to begin with.

With the white tops, the pants should be blue with a single red stripe (like the helmets), and the socks should be white with three red stripes (like the sleeve stripes on the white jerseys).

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

The Browns are so close to awesome with that look. Just add stripes and it's gold. Then bring back the orange pants for the home, and it's almost perfect (I don't even mind the gray facemask, even though it violates my rules - gray just looks so damn good with orange and / or brown IMO.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I actually don't think the Browns look too bad in brown pants.

cle1-1.jpg

You must not have watched them actually play in that game... they looked aweful :P

Agreed, 100%.

Orange pants, Cleveland. C'mon!

enough is enough, either white pants or orange, its not rocket science

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

The gold in the Falcons helmets was a little bothersome, but the story behind why it was put there makes sense. Browns need stripes.

In other news, could we maybe keep this thread for every week in the NFL, and bmac, you would just change the subtitle every week?

I tried to do that originally, but people made me start a new thread for every week.

The gold in the Falcons helmets was a little bothersome, but the story behind why it was put there makes sense. Browns need stripes.

In other news, could we maybe keep this thread for every week in the NFL, and bmac, you would just change the subtitle every week?

It's much easier to have a weekly thread. This way we aren't wading through 146 pages by week 6. And again, I have to ask...What difference does it make? :D

BB52Big.jpg

Not that this observation hasn't already been made, but...

...Those vaccuum-seal shrink-wrap shirts the Giants call jerseys look a straight-up mess.

The "jerseys" on some players look like they are literally busting at the seams. Something got to get did about that mess there...for real.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I tried to do that originally, but people made me start a new thread for every week.

Nobody made you do anything... it was just a suggestion (a good one, IMO.)

Not that this observation hasn't already been made, but...

...Those vaccuum-seal shrink-wrap shirts the Giants call jerseys look a straight-up mess.

The "jerseys" on some players look like they are literally busting at the seams. Something got to get did about that mess there...for real.

I'm just curious as to why some have the blue reebok logos and some have white ones.

Yeah, that has been all over uni watch for a bit.

Is Pats-Jets an AFL throwback game?

Well by this point you all know it wasn't. However, the Jets did have the AFL 50th Anniversary logo on the playing field and had their 50th anniversary logo 2x in each endzone:

P1000964.jpg

Credit the photo to yours truly (bow).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

How can anyone honestly say that this...

St+Louis+Rams+v+Atlanta+Falcons+Au551aYX4Mwl.jpg3427530007_c3d48564b0.jpg

actually looks better than this?

atl2-1.jpg

Clean, classic look. That's what an NFL team is supposed to look like. I am not entirely familiar with the Falcons' '66 uniforms so I may be off base here but my first impression when I saw these was that they were a cross between '66 and the Jerry Glanville era look. In any case they look great.

Yes, honestly, I can.

Those throwembacks, just like most of them, would look tired after about 2 wearings.

Its 2009.

Archived