Minor League Parks

Lee.

Ive been to Perdue Stadium in Salisbury, MD for the Delmarva Shorebirds, nice park, only went once and I was a kid. Ive also been to Regency Furniture Stadium in Waldorf, MD for the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs, very very nice park. I like the atmosphere, lots of fun, and of course, its cheap!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAA

McCoy Stadium, Pawtucket, RI

Cashman Field, Las Vegas

and once, I drove past Frontier Field, Rochester, NY (but it was in January)

AA

Hadlock Field, Portland, ME

Gill Stadium, Manchester, NH (former home NH Fisher Cats)

A

Alumni Field, Lowell, MA (former home of Lowell Spinners, modified high school field)

LeLacheur Park, Lowell, MA

Independent

Midway Stadium, St. Paul, MN

Holman Stadium, Nashua, NH

Spring Training

Boardwalk and Baseball, Orlando, FL

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 1 year later...

PCL (AAA):

Raley Field - Sacramento Rivercats

EL (AA):

Hadlock Field - Portland SeaDogs

NE Delta Dental Stadium - New Hampshire Fisher Cats

CL (A):

San Jose Municipal Stadium - San Jose Giants

Lake Elsinore Diamond - Lake Elsinore Storm

NY-Penn (SS A):

LeLacheur Park - Lowell Spinners

NW League (SS A):

Nat Bailey Stadium - Vancouver Canadians

GBL/NAL (Ind):

Tony Gwynn Stadium - San Diego Surf Dawgs

Desert Sun Stadium - Yuma Scorpions

OK I see I already replied to this topic with almost the very same answer. Nothing to see here.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

AAA

Huntington Park - Columbus Clippers. This place is great. I've had more fun at Huntington than I have at major league games.

Cooper Stadium - Columbus Clippers. Towards the end it was really run down and not a pleasant place to visit. Though, even as a kid, I remember thinking it was a pretty big dump.

AA

Canal Park - Akron Aeros. Also very nice.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Been to:

Principal Park (Des Moines, IA - Iowa Cubs)

Have driven Past:

Fifth Third Park (Grand Rapids, MI - West Michigan Whitecaps)

Rosenblatt Stadium (Omaha, NE - Omaha Royals/Golden Spikes/Royals [again])

AAA:

Huntington Park (Clippers): beautiful...nice to see someone get away from the HOK template

Cooper Stadium (old Clippers): They had this cool captain's club next to the suites but it was pretty old.

Greer Stadium (Nashville): I liked this one even though it was old. The guitar shaped scoreboard is cool and the sports bar above the grandstand gave me free nachos.

Louisville Slugger Field: beautiful ballpark, just try to eat elsewhere if you can, food not the best...They did a nice job of incorporating an old train station into the park.

Victory Field (Indianapolis): It's about the only minor league park that let you bring in outside food to the lawn seating area. Great view of downtown Indy.

Durham Bulls Athletic Park: It nicely continues the tradition of the old park, complete with snorting bull.

Autozone Park (Memphis): This is the nicest park, IMHO, outside of MLB in this country. The only problem is they made it so big and nice that the team can barely pay the mortgage on it!

AA:

Pringles Park (Jackson, TN): a plain but nice stadium

Davis Stadium (Huntsville, AL): a late 80s early 90s stadium showing its age fast...Their computer ticketing system gave out a few years ago so they sell all seats general admission now.

Five County Stadium (Zebulon, NC): A unique design with a giant upper deck. Mudcats have a cool logo.

Hammons Field (Springfield, MO): A very well done park.

Dickey-Stephens Park (Arkansas Travelers): This park has a great view of Little Rock's skyline.

Arvest Ballpark (Northwest Arkansas): This stadiums limestone and granite design breaks the trend of red brick.

Dr. Pepper Ballpark: On a trip to Dallas, I wandered into this park because a high school tournmanet was going on. It has a state fair look that breaks the mold a bit and I imagine is a great place to take in a minor league game.

Regions Park, Birmingham: An older design, but still nice. Of course it helped I was there on Thirsty Thursday!

A (High and low):

Dayton Dragons, 5th 3rd Field: I used to work here. A great place to catch a game. Sometimes they were a bit crazy in between innnings, but everyone who went always had a great time.

Community Field, Burlington, IA: A basic but nicely renovated stadium. Very affordable prices for a ballpark.

O'Brien Field, Peoria: This is the nicest A park I've been too. It seems to have helped revitalize downtown Peoria a bit.

Fifth Third Ballpark, Comstock Park, MI: Nothing too fancy, but well done.

Jackie Robinson Field, Daytona Beach, FL: An oldie but a goodie. It has a strange combination of a covered grandstand on one foul line and open air bleachers on the other.

BB&T Bank Ballpark, Winston-Salem, NC: This is a great park with a wonderful view. The seating bowl is sloped a bit steepr than normal which makes the view of the game better. It will be even better when development around it is finished. I saw a great muppets video of them singing Bohemian Rhapsody here.

New Bridge Bank Ballpark, Greensboro, NC: There wasn't too much unique about this park, but it was nice. I liked the Grasshoppers logo so much I bought a t-shirt. Yes it's a cartoony logo but that's what's funa bout MiLB.

Elfstrom Stadium, Kane County, IL: The wooden decks in the outfield work for this Chicago suburb. A renovation which added suites and covered the concourse also helped.

Veterans Stadium, Cedar Rapids, IA: Nothing too spectacular here, but a nice place to watch a game.

Independent:

TR Hughes Ballpark, O'Fallon, MO: The Rascals started the trend in the Frontier League of building parks in suburbs. It's a nice facility, but showing its age a bit. The new awnings on the concourse have freshened it up a bit.

GCS Credit Union Stadium, Sauget, IL: Very similar to O'Fallon's stadium. You can see the arch from the parking lot. Home of crazy concession items such as a hamburger on a donut.

Midway Stadium, St. Paul, MN: Don't come here for the baseball, but the fun. The night I went was Irish night and they went so far as to have green bases.

Lawrence-Dumont Stadium, Wichita, KS: An old but still servicable park. It's nice to have a few old ones like this still around.

Bosse Field, Evansville, IN: Part of A League of Their Own was filmed here and it's a great classic park, but the food was the worst I've ever had at a ballpark. One of the employees even warned me about it before I ordered.

Corn Crib, Normal, IL: A basic but nice park built for only $9 million in 2010. However, it's sponsored by the Illinois Corn Farmers and the commercials about corn got a bit old by the 6th inning.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

AAA

McCoy Stadium - Pawtucket Red Sox

AA

Hadlock Field - Portland Sea Dogs

Northeast Delta Dental Stadium (Formerly MerchantsAuto.com Stadium)- New Hampshire Fishercats

A

Lelachur Park - Lowell Spinners

They were all pretty good parks, nothing incredibly amazing or terrible about any of them. My favorite would be New Hampshire , I've always thought it was cool how there is a hotel overlooking the park, and it is a pretty nice park as well.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

AAA

PGE Park (Portland Beavers)

Cheney Stadium (Tacoma Tigers, Tacoma Rainiers)

A

Joe Martin Field (Bellingham Mariners)

Everett Memorial Stadium (Everett AquaSox)

Memorial Stadium (Boise Hawks)

Alaska League

Mulcahy Stadium (Anchorage Glacier Pilots)

Herman Brothers Field (Mat-Su Miners)

I've seen games at:

Community Park (St Catharines Stompers- NYPL)

Niagara Regional Exhibition Grounds (Niagara Stars- CBL)

I'd really like to go to:

Fifth Third Field (Dayton Dragons)

Dr Pepper Ballpark (Frisco Roughriders)

Autozone Ballpark (Memphis Redbirds)

Isotopes Park (Albuquerque Isotopes)

Lake Elsinore Diamond (Lake Elsinore Storm)

Campbell's Field (Camden Riversharks)

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

AAA

Cheney Stadium - Tacoma, Washington (Tacoma Rainiers)

A

Mike Lansing Field - Casper, Wyoming (Casper Ghosts)

GBL

Foothills Stadium - Calgary, Alberta (Calgary Vipers and at one time AAA baseball with the Cannons)

Telus Park - Edmonton, Alberta (Edmonton Capitals and at one time AAA baseball with the Trappers)

American Association

Shaw Park was Canwest Park last time I was there - Winnipeg, Manitoba (Winnipeg Goldeyes)

WMBL

Seaman Stadium - Okotoks, Alberta (Okotoks Dawgs)

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Only been to two MiLB ballparks, both St. Louis area Frontier league ballparks:

GCS ballpark- Gateway Grizzlies

T.R. Hughes ballpark- River City Rascals

I plan to someday go to the Springfield Cardinals (AA) stadium. Hopefully that will be sooner than later, since my sister is now going to school down there.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Kinda helps working for a few of the teams in Florida. Just missing the Red Sox spring home, otherwise hit all spring training/minor league parks in Fla.

Been to:

- Jackie Robinson Ballpark, Daytona Beach

- Space Coast Stadium, Melbourne/Viera (was employed)

- Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland

- Steinbrenner Field, Tampa

- Bright House Field, Clearwater (was employed)

- Dunedin Stadium, Dunedin (was employed)

- Holman Stadium (Dodgertown), Vero Beach

- Digital Domain Park, Port St Lucie

- Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter

- Hammond Stadium, Ft Myers

- Charlotte Sports Park, Port Charlotte

- Ed Smith Stadium (pre renovation), Sarasota

- McKechnie Field, Bradenton

- Osceola County Stadium (spring training), Kissimmee

- Champion Stadium (spring training), Lake Buena Vista

Archived