NFL 2010-2011

bowld

If the redskins go to Burgundy Jersey/Gold Pants at home and White Jersey/Burgundy Pants on the road and against the Cowboys, they'll have the most attractive uniform set in the NFC Beast by fa.

Yea, right.

They can dress up those gaudy 1970's colors up as much as they want, but a turd is still a turd.

The Skins need a complete makeover. Starting with the owner.

Actually I was hoping the Redskins would wear some throwbacks this year. I just can't get enough of the throwemback fever that is sweeping the NFL like the Black Plague. Its such an original and fresh concept. The NFL is always on the cutting edge of originality and creativity.

:rolleyes:

They have one of the best color schemes in the NFL. Burgundy and gold look awesome together.

As for the owner...most teams' fans would kill to have an owner who does as much as he does to try to win. He's learned his lesson, fired the main problem for the team (Vinny Cerrato) and has stepped completely away from football decisions and is letting Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan run the show and remake the team. All he does not is write checks.

They're going to surprise a lot of people this year.

87Redskins.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Dallas fan I think the whole "lets curse the Cowboys by making them wear blue" is dated. I still get a kick out of it though....Hmmm, Dallas at Philly, Boys in BLUE, Oh Sh#t!! The curse!.

Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy....WHAT!?

There was a time all of that nonsense sort of added up. My Dad's time. I don't know a single fan who makes an issue of it. If anything we're happy to see the thing once in a while. I've never seen them live.

Curse away.

Yeah, it's just a fun part of history. I just like to see other teams wear white vs. the Cowboys so that I can see the Cowboys' blue jerseys which, by far, are better looking than the white jerseys.

And I have to disagree with Tex Schramm -- the Cowboys' blue jersey of the 1970s is superior to any of its successors. I like the royal blue and the simplicity of the white numbers and striping without borders or trim. I would have liked to have seen white pants with the blue jersey. I can't stand the silver green pants with white or blue jerseys.

20100504_dn_Z1EAGL04S.JPG

I must be part of the minority here because I just don't like the old Philly helmet and unis. The newest look is easily one of my favorite looks in the NFL. I guess they just seem to work for me in ways that the older one didn't.

20100504_dn_Z1EAGL04S.JPG

I must be part of the minority here because I just don't like the old Philly helmet and unis. The newest look is easily one of my favorite looks in the NFL. I guess they just seem to work for me in ways that the older one didn't.

Nope. I like the green/silver unis, but not the helmet. I (personally) like the new helmets of the 2000s era better.

And while I'm on the topic, here are my opinions on some of the recent uni changes of the past decade (or so) in no particular order:

Bucs in Pewter > Bucs in Orange

Broncos new dark blues > Broncos old burnt orange

Broncos "new" orange > Broncos old burnt orange

Patriots "Pat" era reds > Patriots current dark blues

Jets in their kelley greens > Jets "new" green

Bengals solid black/orange > Bengals "candy corn" look

Steelers black > Steelers yellows

New Vikings purples > Old vikings purples

New Falcons in red > Old Falcons in pre-Vick black

New Cardinals crimsons > New Cardinals alternate blacks

Chargers powder blues > Chargers dark blues (but just barely....I like 'em both)

Bills Jim Kelly era unis > Bills modern look

Bills red helmet > Bills white helmet

Here's what I can't figure out....why don't they:

Jaguars - isn't the jaguar a gold animal with black spots? Why not have a gold (not Steelers or Packers gold) primary with black numbers outlined in white??????

Bills - re-simplify to All-American red-white-blue.. Home: American flag red tops (to match the helmet) with white numbers outlined in thick blue and then thin white. White pants. Road: White top/red numbers outlined in white then blue. Blue pants.

Chiefs - Home: Red tops/white numbers outlined in black/yellow. Single yellow/white shoulder stripes. White pants w/KC logo/spear tip at top of yellow/red/yellow stripes. Road: White tops/red numbers outlined in black/yellow. Single yellow/red shoulder stripes. Red pants w/KC logo/spear tip at top of double-wide single white stripe.

Just saying.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I don't like the current look -- not a fan of the midnight green and the needless, cluttering black trim.

I prefer kelly green to any other green -- forest, midnight, dark, lime, etc.

If the NFL allows the gold pants, I'd love it. I'm beginning to think the color palette is in line for a tweak toward the 70th anniversary retro scheme -- yet keeping the circle-indian head logo.

Not sure if I'm for using gold pants in all 16 games or in a mix with the burgundy and white. Maybe start out by using the gold in the six division games.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

If the NFL allows the gold pants, I'd love it. I'm beginning to think the color palette is in line for a tweak toward the 70th anniversary retro scheme -- yet keeping the circle-indian head logo.

I made this one up a while back:

WashingtonRedskins_PropRHS_SOL.gif

That looks great. I'd support this change.

87Redskins.png

I don't like the current look -- not a fan of the midnight green and the needless, cluttering black trim.

I guess I'm able to look past the black trim in favor of how its currently being used on the helmet wings. I just love the way they rendered the helmet wings. It just seems like the older silhouette wings were way too simple and underdone for my liking. Let me say that I don't think their unis are absolutely perfect. I would make some subtle changes to make it a bit less muddy looking around the numbers, but it still looks pretty good IMO. The problem might be the dark grey that they use. I would utilize a shiny silver in place of the charcoal looking grey. Kind of gets lost in the black trim, hence making it look muddy looking.....for lack of a better word.

Best thing about this? No more ridiculas yellow facemask.

I've visualized something like that for a while. The triple stripe on the helmet needs to be carried through to the uniform. In all these years, it's been mis-matched with the double-bands on the sleeves (what's left of them) and pants. Or, maybe take the stripes off the helmet all together. A grey facemask has its place as well (I don't subscribe to "facemask has to be in the color palette")

Back when the 70th anniversary retros came out, I suggested such a hybrid of current logo/retro colors and a friend came up with:

freak.gif

You could also work the spear into the design as a secondary mark on the sleeves or the hips.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I guess I'm able to look past the black trim in favor of how its currently being used on the helmet wings. I just love the way they rendered the helmet wings. It just seems like the older silhouette wings were way too simple and underdone for my liking. Let me say that I don't think their unis are absolutely perfect. I would make some subtle changes to make it a bit less muddy looking around the numbers, but it still looks pretty good IMO. The problem might be the dark grey that they use. I would utilize a shiny silver in place of the charcoal looking grey. Kind of gets lost in the black trim, hence making it look muddy looking.....for lack of a better word.

I respect your opinion, and I'll agree with you that the current wings look better than the previous gray wings with white trim that preceded it.

I'd still want the white on burgundy at all home games.

Then why go to the trouble of adding gold/yellow pants?

Because if they continue to wear those tired white jerseys and burgundy pants at home, they'd probably wear their burgandy jerseys about twice the entire season.

Archived