NFL 2010-2011

bowld

This isn't a change on a uniform but the host of Redskins Nation on CSN-Mid Atlantic said that, under Shanahan, the Redskins will NOT wear either same-color jersey/pants combo (didn't mind white-on-white, but burg-on-burg was almost as unforgivable of a fashion sin that could be imaginable) and that burg-on-white will probably be the look for ALL home games.

Great news. I kinda like the burg/burg but I hate the white/white.

The more we see of the burgundy jerseys, the better. I love them and for a few years, especially in the Gibbs return, we wore them maybe once or twice a year. We'd wear white/burg and white/white.

Couldn't agree more -- though I'd like to see them still wear white at home vs. Cowboys. Just seems right for an intense rivalry and I'd like to see all teams wear white at home vs. Cowboys. We rarely get to see the blue tops and it's always good to tweak the Cowboys, IMO.

I wish the Redskins would go one further and bring back the 70s-era yellowish gold pants.

Cool move by the Eagles unveiling the 1960 throwbacks at Franklin Field.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't a change on a uniform but the host of Redskins Nation on CSN-Mid Atlantic said that, under Shanahan, the Redskins will NOT wear either same-color jersey/pants combo (didn't mind white-on-white, but burg-on-burg was almost as unforgivable of a fashion sin that could be imaginable) and that burg-on-white will probably be the look for ALL home games.

The more we see of the burgundy jerseys, the better. I love them and for a few years, especially in the Gibbs return, we wore them maybe once or twice a year. We'd wear white/burg and white/white.

Couldn't agree more -- though I'd like to see them still wear white at home vs. Cowboys. Just seems right for an intense rivalry and I'd like to see all teams wear white at home vs. Cowboys. We rarely get to see the blue tops and it's always good to tweak the Cowboys, IMO.

I wish the Redskins would go one further and bring back the 70s-era yellowish gold pants.

I'd be all for the gold pants from the 70s.

As for the Skins wearing white vs. Dallas...it's more because many believe Dallas is cursed in the blue jerseys, so the Skins force their rivals to wear them. :D

They lost every Super Bowl in blue, they had many upsets and last-minute collapses in them, dating all the way back to SB V.

Even most recently:

IKCvtoFqWOQ

87Redskins.png

As for the Skins wearing white vs. Dallas...it's more because many believe Dallas is cursed in the blue jerseys, so the Skins force their rivals to wear them. :D

They lost every Super Bowl in blue, they had many upsets and last-minute collapses in them, dating all the way back to SB V.

Even most recently:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKCvtoFqWOQ

87Redskins.png

Just get the f'n socks right, for God's sake.

Amen.

This from Washington Post Insider today...Jason Reid's column (although he's on vacation)- Rick Maese is filling in:

If you're the type who cares about the team's uniform, Allen did address the team's intentions for this season. Sort of. Allen said he was in his office and "looking at a beautiful pair of gold pants."

But he wouldn't directly say that the team would be wearing those gold pants at home this season.

"I'm very proud of our team colors and you will see our team colors on display," Allen said.

My link

... all one of them in blue!

They do have a track record of choking in them. Watch my awesome video. My favorite part is at 1:40. :)

87Redskins.png

If the redskins go to Burgundy Jersey/Gold Pants at home and White Jersey/Burgundy Pants on the road and against the Cowboys, they'll have the most attractive uniform set in the NFC Beast by fa. I love the Gold Pants look

But, yes they had better get the socks right.

I wouldn't remind a return to the 1982 tucked feather helmet logo, but I suspect I'm in a minority on that one.

If the redskins go to Burgundy Jersey/Gold Pants at home and White Jersey/Burgundy Pants on the road and against the Cowboys, they'll have the most attractive uniform set in the NFC Beast by fa.

Yea, right.

They can dress up those gaudy 1970's colors up as much as they want, but a turd is still a turd.

The Skins need a complete makeover. Starting with the owner.

Actually I was hoping the Redskins would wear some throwbacks this year. I just can't get enough of the throwemback fever that is sweeping the NFL like the Black Plague. Its such an original and fresh concept. The NFL is always on the cutting edge of originality and creativity.

If the redskins go to Burgundy Jersey/Gold Pants at home and White Jersey/Burgundy Pants on the road and against the Cowboys, they'll have the most attractive uniform set in the NFC Beast by fa.

Yea, right.

They can dress up those gaudy 1970's colors up as much as they want, but a turd is still a turd.

Actually I was hoping the Redskins would wear some throwbacks this year. I just can't get enough of the throwemback fever that is sweeping the NFL like the Black Plague. Its such an original and fresh concept. The NFL is always on the cutting edge of originality and creativity.

Do you just cut and paste this same comment each time, or do you write it over and over again?

Just currious.

Yea, right.

Do you just cut and paste this same comment each time, or do you write it over and over again?

Just currious.

If it looks like a troll and smells like a troll...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

None that I know of, but I would like to see a return of an all-black alternate in Baltimore. They can wear it most likely on the Sunday night of week 13 against Pittsburgh. Last year, they had black with white pants at the game vs. the Bears

None that I know of, but I would like to see a return of an all-black alternate in Baltimore. They can wear it most likely on the Sunday night of week 13 against Pittsburgh. Last year, they had black with white pants at the game vs. the Bears

Just go with the black pants and the purple jerseys every now and then.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm aware of the blue jersey hex, which almost no one carries out any more except the Redskins. It was a big thing in the late 1970s and '80s. The Giants wore white at home only vs. Cowboys from 1981-87 (after wearing white for all 1980 home games) just to make Dallas wear blue. Eagles wore white in 1980 NFCG vs. Dallas after seven regular seasons of nothing but green jerseys at home.

I'm aware of the blue jersey hex, which almost no one carries out any more except the Redskins. It was a big thing in the late 1970s and '80s. The Giants wore white at home only vs. Cowboys from 1981-87 (after wearing white for all 1980 home games) just to make Dallas wear blue. Eagles wore white in 1980 NFCG vs. Dallas after seven regular seasons of nothing but green jerseys at home.

Right you are. The Eagles tried get to inside the Cowboys' heads before the 1980 NFC Champ Game:

themodestobeegooglenews.jpg

wl003745.jpg

Dallas lost 20-7, which prompted this:

thevictoriaadvocategoog.jpg

Which led to these jerseys, which only lasted a year before they redesigned them again.

photo0016ph0.jpg

FYI, the Cardinals always made the Cowboys wear blue at Busch Stadium in the 1970's. The Rams followed suit later in the decade. Speaking as a Dallas fan, it was much ado about nothing. Aside from Super Bowl V, every playoff game we lost in the 1970's happened in white jerseys.

As a Dallas fan I think the whole "lets curse the Cowboys by making them wear blue" is dated. I still get a kick out of it though....Hmmm, Dallas at Philly, Boys in BLUE, Oh Sh#t!! The curse!.

Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy....WHAT!?

There was a time all of that nonsense sort of added up. My Dad's time. I don't know a single fan who makes an issue of it. If anything we're happy to see the thing once in a while. I've never seen them live.

Curse away.

newsig.jpg

As a Dallas fan I think the whole "lets curse the Cowboys by making them wear blue" is dated. I still get a kick out of it though....Hmmm, Dallas at Philly, Boys in BLUE, Oh Sh#t!! The curse!.

Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln, and Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy....WHAT!?

There was a time all of that nonsense sort of added up. My Dad's time. I don't know a single fan who makes an issue of it. If anything we're happy to see the thing once in a while. I've never seen them live.

Curse away.

And the Oakland Raiders once had a lineman named Lincoln Kennedy. Imagine that. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They do have a track record of choking in them. Watch my awesome video. My favorite part is at 1:40. :)

Why was Brian Moorman playing WR for the Cowboys? :D Great video, liked the music. Isn't that from Crimson Tide?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived