NFL 2010-2011

bowld

thread checklist:

Retro uniforms. Check.

Wankage over retro uniform. Check.

a troll like throwemback dennisbergan post. Check.

Concept of current set with throwback colors. Check.

Compilation of now versus then list of which is better. check.

an insubsequential post by C2CAM that has nothing to do with this discussion. Check.

:grin:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd still want the white on burgundy at all home games.

Then why go to the trouble of adding gold/yellow pants?

Because if they continue to wear those tired white jerseys and burgundy pants at home, they'd probably wear their burgandy jerseys about twice the entire season.

You sound like Claire Huxtable.

87Redskins.png

I'd still want the white on burgundy at all home games.

Then why go to the trouble of adding gold/yellow pants?

Because if they continue to wear those tired white jerseys and burgundy pants at home, they'd probably wear their burgandy jerseys about twice the entire season.

Good point on adding the gold pants.

Course I like what they have just fine, except the socks.

sig-1.png

20100504_dn_Z1EAGL04S.JPG

I must be part of the minority here because I just don't like the old Philly helmet and unis. The newest look is easily one of my favorite looks in the NFL. I guess they just seem to work for me in ways that the older one didn't.

im with you. i like the current uniform a lot.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Pats could use a stripe on the helmet. Not to mention changing everything from the neck down.

Why? They've won three Super Bowls with the current look. Not saying the uniforms ultimately matter, but as a general rule teams should stick with championship era looks if they can help it.

Plus, in my opinion, the Pats' current look is one of the better modern uniform sets around.

Pats could use a stripe on the helmet. Not to mention changing everything from the neck down.

Why? They've won three Super Bowls with the current look. Not saying the uniforms ultimately matter, but as a general rule teams should stick with championship era looks if they can help it.

Plus, in my opinion, the Pats' current look is one of the better modern uniform sets around.

Agreed, probably not the best time for them to make changes, but I think that a helmet stripe would be an improvement for them. Light colored helmets look better to me with a stripe. Ditching the blue pants for silver on the road unis would also look pretty good.

I thought it looked pretty neat. The Patriots wore white jerseys with silver pants through most of the '90s and nobody seemed to complain.

The blue pants with the oddly striped socks never looked good to me, the NOB lettering is too busy, the red facemasks look silly and mismatched, and the Flying Elvis is a terrible logo beyond repair. Those are my biggest obstacles to it being a modern classic. The home jerseys look okay from a distance, I guess, but that's it.

qick and dirty reclamation project:

afceuniformne1.png

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought it looked pretty neat. The Patriots wore white jerseys with silver pants through most of the '90s and nobody seemed to complain.

The blue pants with the oddly striped socks never looked good to me, the NOB lettering is too busy, the red facemasks look silly and mismatched, and the Flying Elvis is a terrible logo beyond repair. Those are my biggest obstacles to it being a modern classic. The home jerseys look okay from a distance, I guess, but that's it.

afceuniformne1.png

im looking for the camera advert (that was played on nfl.com videos a while back) that featured the chargers and the pats in this away uni. anyone know where i can find it?

afceuniformne1.png

Well for Elvis, I don't mind it. It's not fantastic, but I still don't get the hate. I think it's better then Pat, easily.

The red facemasks I like. The Raiders, Panthers, and Lions have silver helmets with black facemasks. The Cowboys have Silver helmets with blue facemasks. So it's nice to see some variety and have a team wear a silver helmet with a colour that pops like red.

The problem with the silver pants look is that I think, and CW will probably correct me on this, that the silver got lighter with the current look. The white on silver looks great in your mockup, and it looked alright with the last couple of 90s Pats sets, but the current shade of silver is to close to white to work, in my opinion (if it is indeed a different shade. It seems lighter, to me at least).

Dark helmet + white jersey + light non-white pants = OK.

Light non-white helmet + white jersey + dark pants = OK.

Thus...

Skins burgundy + white + gold = OK.

Pats silver + white + navy = OK.

light non-white helmet + white jersey + light non-white pants also = OK, but IMO the above works better in many cases.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the problem with the Patriots uniforms in that canon commercial is that they wore the white striped socks with them. I think they would look great with the blue socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well for Elvis, I don't mind it. It's not fantastic, but I still don't get the hate. I think it's better then Pat, easily.

The red facemasks I like. The Raiders, Panthers, and Lions have silver helmets with black facemasks. The Cowboys have Silver helmets with blue facemasks. So it's nice to see some variety and have a team wear a silver helmet with a colour that pops like red.

The problem with the silver pants look is that I think, and CW will probably correct me on this, that the silver got lighter with the current look. The white on silver looks great in your mockup, and it looked alright with the last couple of 90s Pats sets, but the current shade of silver is to close to white to work, in my opinion (if it is indeed a different shade. It seems lighter, to me at least).

I like the Elvis logo too. Way better than Pat, but the uniforms could use some fixing. Also the Raiders and Cowboys have silver facemasks...

afceuniformne1.png

Both the Raiders and Cowboys have gray facemasks.

I like the Elvis logo too. Way better than Pat, but the uniforms could use some fixing. Also the Raiders and Cowboys have silver facemasks...

The only problem I have with the Flying Elvis is that since it's wider than it is tall, it looks very odd and badly pixelated at small sizes, such as when it's used for print and/or web media. It's a problem not unique to the Flying Elvis, but I feel it could be remedied if the Patriots either used a different logo entirely for print media (sort of how the Yankees have various interlocking NY logos used for different purposes) or just made a version of the Flying Elvis designed specifically for small size reproduction.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Sorry.

Archived