NFL 2010-2011

bowld

A concept from a user on the Buffalo Bills message board. Very nice and no more navy blue and nickel and they won't be confused clashing with the Patriots and Texans' color schemes.

33310new.jpg

This is one of the best Bills concepts I've seen. Love both logos. but I think with the coloring the vharging one works best. Great job!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A concept from a user on the Buffalo Bills message board. Very nice and no more navy blue and nickel and they won't be confused clashing with the Patriots and Texans' color schemes.

33310new.jpg

This is one of the best Bills concepts I've seen. Love both logos. But I think with the coloring the charging one works best. Great job whoever made it

33310new.jpg

This is one of the best Bills concepts I've seen. Love both logos. But I think with the coloring the charging one works best. Great job whoever made it

Having white helmets and pants with non-matching stripes equals suck.

Why mess with the charging buffalo logo especially if it's pointless changes like that?

I like the logo update. The buffalo has horns now. Good tweak on a classic.

As for the rest of the uniform, none of the stripes match and that ruins it. Having the standing buffalo logo on the chest is a huge win though.

EDIT: It's definitely a huge step up from what we have now, though. Almost anything would be, but I'd never underestimate Buffalo's ability to make their uniform situation worse.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is, in terms of jersey sales, people will not see much difference in them. Sure the Jets said they were "honoring their past" by wearing the Titans jerseys, but we all know it was just to make some money off of jersey sales.

They MUST go back to these:

gastineau.jpg

Let's face it, that is the Jets uniform that anyone under the age of 40 remembers growing up with. No one remembers the Titans, and the current jerseys give us a flavor of the classic Jets uniform from the 60s. Time to bring back the 80s Jets.

70389454.png

The problem is, in terms of jersey sales, people will not see much difference in them. Sure the Jets said they were "honoring their past" by wearing the Titans jerseys, but we all know it was just to make some money off of jersey sales.

They MUST go back to these:

gastineau.jpg

Let's face it, that is the Jets uniform that anyone under the age of 40 remembers growing up with. No one remembers the Titans, and the current jerseys give us a flavor of the classic Jets uniform from the 60s. Time to bring back the 80s Jets.

I prefer the 90's look. True, the teams were terrible and other than that one time Marino faked a spike and threw a TD pass, there is nothing to remember, but those jerseys were perfect. The hint of black made them great. I would like to see the Jets move back to the kelly green and away from this look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

33310new.jpg

- Match the pants and helmet stripes with the sleeve stripes.

- Replace the collar logo with a Bills wordmark, as well as to establish one primary logo.

- Make the facemask blue (If it MUST be gray, make it nickel).

- Replace the gray socks with white socks, or just remove them altogether like most skill position players do nowadays.

- Make the cleats either black or white, but not gray (Preferably white).

Other than that, whoever did it deserves some kudos.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I like this Bills concept a lot even if it has it's faults. Its light years ahead of what they have now. My biggest problem with the throw backs that they've been wearing the last few years is that they look a bit too much "throwback" and wouldn't really work as a current uniform. I know I might get some flack for saying that but its what I believe. I'm all for glorifying the past and honoring tradition, but the old Bills unis just seem way too dated for me as they are. A bit of a tweak here and there would be perfect.

I like this Bills concept a lot even if it has it's faults. Its light years ahead of what they have now. My biggest problem with the throw backs that they've been wearing the last few years is that they look a bit too much "throwback" and wouldn't really work as a current uniform. I know I might get some flack for saying that but its what I believe. I'm all for glorifying the past and honoring tradition, but the old Bills unis just seem way too dated for me as they are. A bit of a tweak here and there would be perfect.

What kinda tweaks would you like to see? For me, I'd say a collar wordmark, a colored (not gray) facemask, and either single striped socks or socks like they currently have would help freshen the look up.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On the topic of color facemasks, I'd like to see all the teams use a color facemask. The Colts, 49ers, etc. going to grey is just stupid.

I was watching Youtube clips of the Browns-Chargers ('76) in Cleveland and Cardinals '75. The Chargers were in their dark blue jerseys and the Browns white w/orange pants. The Cards clip featured the Giants. I have to say I liked the Giants darker blue, white facemask and sleeve stripes.

Oh and which team has changed the color of their facemasks the most times? The Jets - grey to white to black to dark green.

• 2 weeks later...

Pro Bowl logo?

probowl.png

So, I saw this in an ad on the NFL site. This is the first I have seen of any new logo. I can't find any other instance. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen it elsewhere? Has there been any reveal?

It looks like something that would fit into their logo 'package'. It has the mvp trophy as the logo.

zerakus_sports.png

Oh and which team has changed the color of their facemasks the most times? The Jets - grey to white to black to dark green.

I would disagree - the Patriots have gone from gray to white to red to gray to red.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Pro Bowl logo?

probowl.png

So, I saw this in an ad on the NFL site. This is the first I have seen of any new logo. I can't find any other instance. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen it elsewhere? Has there been any reveal?

It looks like something that would fit into their logo 'package'. It has the mvp trophy as the logo.

Yeah, that's probably legit. First time I've ever seen it, as well. It fits in visually with the rest of the new postseason logos, all of which I think look very good.

I would disagree - the Patriots have gone from gray to white to red to gray to red.

I think he may have meant facemask colors.

Aparrently royal blue is the new pink. It seems like no one uses it anymore. More teams use teal than royal blue nowadays. The Broncos, Bills, Patriots, and Chargers (from 1972-82 they had the royal blue horse head/shield logo) all left royal blue behind. The Colts and Giants both use a darker tint of royal blue. THat's one of the problems with the NFL: the teams' color schemes are way to similar.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Pro Bowl logo?

probowl.png

Yeah, that's probably legit. First time I've ever seen it, as well. It fits in visually with the rest of the new postseason logos, all of which I think look very good.

I'll post that one when I think it's "safe"...it's another grayscale, gradient-palooza.

Archived