NFL 2010-2011

bowld

Does anybody know the new end zone/midfield logos for the Giants/Jets at the Meadowlands for this season? I have heard that the Giants will have their helmet at the 50 yard line (which I DO NOT like) and the end zones from the late 1990's for the most part. I have not heard a thing about the Jets. Does anybody know?

I think the jets will have their logo on the middle of the field. I'd prefer the NFL shield or the meadowlands logo like they had years ago during the LT and NY sack exchange era.

I flew into Newark airport last weekend and we flew right over the new stadium and I saw it at the last minute and there was the NFL sheild at midfield and the endzones were empty. No yard numbers, just lines and hash marks.

BwZsPH2.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the the Cowboys will wear a 50th anniversary patch this season. It's all over the tickets and new merchandise.

they did reveal one about a month ago i think. not sure if it will be on the unis though, they dont even acknowledge the captains patch

Confirmed, they are wearing the 50th anniversary patch, just seen it on the SNF pregame tease!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

So, not only do the Cowboys still have the green pants, but they have a navy anniversary patch on a jersey with royal numbers. The color mishmash, miraculously, has gotten worse.

VmWIn6B.png

bob-sanders.jpg

I know its just the usual training camp fodder, but its interesting to see Bob Sanders in a blue helmet with a white stripe.

Between this and the Colts using a blue helmet on the front of their podium, I wonder if someone in the organization has a preference towards the blue helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

bob-sanders.jpg

I know its just the usual training camp fodder, but its interesting to see Bob Sanders in a blue helmet with a white stripe.

Between this and the Colts using a blue helmet on the front of their podium, I wonder if someone in the organization has a preference towards the blue helmet.

I think they're breaking in the new hats during practice. Helmets are a very particular thing to a football player, and it is very rare to see a team wear a "home" set and an "away" helmet like Alabama did in the post-Bear Bryant era. Remember back in '94 when the Jets had a "throwback" game? They wore green helmets with the oval Jets sticker rather than break in a new set of white helmets. Other teams did (like the Chargers).

^ Oh, that's right. I forgot they were using the blue helmets with the alts this year. Good call, totc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Anybody know the jersey combinations for tomorrow's NFL preseason slate? I know the Ravens have worn white at home for the past 2 preseasons. Can anybody confirm if this will continue this year?

Probably because when Harbaugh was with the Eagles, they only wore white/white at home during the pre season. They've recently gone away from that for some reason, sometimes wearing white/white, sometimes white/green, and sometimes green/white.

Anybody know the jersey combinations for tomorrow's NFL preseason slate? I know the Ravens have worn white at home for the past 2 preseasons. Can anybody confirm if this will continue this year?

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/06/09/back-in-black-for-three-games/

Thanks for the info. I'll now be wearing my purple Ray Rice jersey instead of my white Joe Flacco jersey.

By Colts.com

Tuesday, August 3 2010

Colts Will Play San Francisco in Pre-Season Opener in 1955 ‘Throwback’ Uniforms

The Indianapolis Colts will christen the 2010 pre-season against San Francisco on August 15 by taking a page from the past.

When the club lifts the veil on its 2010 playing schedule, the Colts will be wearing ‘Throwback’ uniforms from the 1955 season, the club announced today. [ To purchase different selections of the throwback jersey, visit the Colts Proshop ]

“Our uniform design has changed little through the decades and is among the most recognizable in all of sports,” said Colts Owner and CEO Jim Irsay. “This is a chance for our fans to see a Colts uniform with a different twist, in a classic throwback at Lucas Oil Stadium.”

This will mark the first time the Colts have worn a uniform with a distinctly different style from a previous era at a home game. Indianapolis donned uniforms from its 1956 predecessors on Thanksgiving Day in 2004, earning a 41-9 victory at Detroit. The club’s helmets that day were white with blue horseshoes on the back that bracketed the striping down the middle of the headwear. The club’s 1955 helmets were blue, with white striping and horseshoes on the back of the gear. The historic logo was moved to the side of the helmet in 1957, where it has remained. The club’s jerseys will be white with blue numbers. There will be three stripes on the sleeves below the jersey numbers. The pants will be white with a single blue stripe down the side, and the white socks will feature three blue horizontal stripes. The NFL initiated the ‘Throwback’ uniform concept in 1994, but the club’s only difference in the chosen design was a minor change in sock design that was not a prominent change from the present uniform design.

2010_uniform_throwback.jpg

technically not a uniform change, but how about the revo speed? I'm watching the Falcons Chiefs game. Most Falcons players are wearing the standard helmets theyve worn the past few...

...but I can only count on one hand players on Kansas City who arent wearing a revo speed helmet. any other teams like this?

Rams, Rams, Rams... please stop it with the white pants. The gold pants really did look so much better, especially with no white whatsoever on the helmet.

VmWIn6B.png

Rams, Rams, Rams... please stop it with the white pants. The gold pants really did look so much better, especially with no white whatsoever on the helmet.

they need go back to the 1999 era unis badly....keep the script and logo, but revert back to the unis and change to the previous colors

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived