NFL 2010-2011

bowld

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best part about the kelly green tb's is that (at least I think) no black alt this season for eagles.

You are probably right, but I thought I remember ColorWerx saying that they were making a "slight" modification to the blacks for this season, and we speculated that it was just a template or material thing. That would seem to contradict the unveiling of these green jerseys... unless they really are just practice jerseys and they'll change into the real ones before kickoff.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20100504_dn_Z1EAGL04S.JPG

I really like how that looks. Those numbers look a just a little bit off, though. This makes me wonder, though, if the organization is planning to go full-out like what my Buccaneers did in their throwback game this past season--that is, retrofitting the stadium with all the old colors/signage and logos and whatnot.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Note the circled jerseys:

4green.gif

To ColorWerx, BBTV, or anybody who can answer this: Have the Eagles really used 4 different shades of green in the last 50 years or is the color of the fabric being used to replicate these throwbacks inaccurate?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

4green.gif

To ColorWerx, BBTV, or anybody who can answer this: Have the Eagles really used 4 different shades of green in the last 60 years or is the color of the fabric being used to replicate these throwbacks inaccurate?

This looks like poor photography to me...the Greens they've used in the past were one of three colors:

PMS_348_C_SRGB.pngPMS_349_C_SRGB.pngPMS_316_C_SRGB.png

4green.gif

To ColorWerx, BBTV, or anybody who can answer this: Have the Eagles really used 4 different shades of green in the last 60 years or is the color of the fabric being used to replicate these throwbacks inaccurate?

This looks like poor photography to me...the Greens they've used in the past were one of three colors:

PMS_348_C_SRGB.pngPMS_349_C_SRGB.pngPMS_316_C_SRGB.png

Right... also, keep in mind that (at least back in the Proline days) there used to be several manufacturers who made "authentic" jerseys, and I can guarantee you that a Russell authentic next to a Wilson authentic won't even look close to the same shade of green - maybe just due to the materials, or maybe just a lack of standardization. I have an authentic Russell (what they actually wore) Seth Joyner, and while I don't know the PANTONE values or anything specific like CWx can provide, to my eye it looks like a slightly darker kelly green. Certainly lighter than the Packers forest green, but a bit darker than the 1960 throwback we're looking at in this thread (of course that throwback uses dazzle material which appears lighter.) I'd say my jersey = the one in the middle of Pantone's graphic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now if they also played the game at Franklin Field to make it a true throwback, that would be perfect!

DeSean Jackson's doing his best Urkel impression in this picture.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really like how that looks. Those numbers look a just a little bit off, though. This makes me wonder, though, if the organization is planning to go full-out like what my Buccaneers did in their throwback game this past season--that is, retrofitting the stadium with all the old colors/signage and logos and whatnot.

The photo below is from '61 but one would assume the font to be the same as the '60 unis had. The serif at the numbers' top has a prominent 'notch' that doesn't look like it's on the throwbacks (assuming the 5's would have the notch as the 2's and 6's do):

4349043.jpg

On the other hand, this pic (that looks like it came from a pamphlet called "Smoke Your Way Into An Early Grave") is from 12/26/60 and the 'notch' is so small as to be irrelevant. So maybe we just can't see it in the throwback pic. As an aside, don't know if the jersey is just twisted or something but the '6' looks a good inch or more lower than the '0.'

2497729316_290b2115cf_o.jpg

BTW, love Bednarik's nickname. Back then players had offseason jobs and his was selling cement. That and his play - he was as tough as they come and played center and linebacker - earned him the nickname "Concrete Charlie." :D

On another note, did I miss something? This pic is from a story on nfl.com discussing which 2010 throwback is best. At left is a Packers throwback that's been discussed but I don't recall seeing pics before now.

throwbacks_100504_blog.jpg

Found these too:

4429042695_3a95237e45_o.jpg

photo1.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This isn't a change on a uniform but the host of Redskins Nation on CSN-Mid Atlantic said that, under Shanahan, the Redskins will NOT wear either same-color jersey/pants combo (didn't mind white-on-white, but burg-on-burg was almost as unforgivable of a fashion sin that could be imaginable) and that burg-on-white will probably be the look for ALL home games.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

yea yea...have your fun. You guys won't win anything with McNabb either... ^_^

I wouldn't be too quick to say that. Getting out of a city that hated him from the start and booed him no matter what he did might be good for him.

And I mean no offense to Philly fans... but you were a bit harsh on a good quarterback. He wasn't exactly Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This isn't a change on a uniform but the host of Redskins Nation on CSN-Mid Atlantic said that, under Shanahan, the Redskins will NOT wear either same-color jersey/pants combo (didn't mind white-on-white, but burg-on-burg was almost as unforgivable of a fashion sin that could be imaginable) and that burg-on-white will probably be the look for ALL home games.

Just get the f'n socks right, for God's sake.

yea yea...have your fun. You guys won't win anything with McNabb either... happy.gif

I wouldn't be too quick to say that. Getting out of a city that hated him from the start and booed him no matter what he did might be good for him.

And I mean no offense to Philly fans... but you were a bit harsh on a good quarterback. He wasn't exactly Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

You don't know what you're talking about - you didn't have to listen to him talk and put up with his clowining around. Being a quarterback and a leader is more than just your physical ability. Simply not being Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell is not good enough. Neither is throwing up in the Super Bowl. Good riddence. Move should have been made after 2008.

Great news. I kinda like the burg/burg but I hate the white/white.

The more we see of the burgundy jerseys, the better. I love them and for a few years, especially in the Gibbs return, we wore them maybe once or twice a year. We'd wear white/burg and white/white.

87Redskins.png

yea yea...have your fun. You guys won't win anything with McNabb either... happy.gif

You don't know what you're talking about - you didn't have to listen to him talk and put up with his clowining around. Being a quarterback and a leader is more than just your physical ability. Simply not being Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell is not good enough. Neither is throwing up in the Super Bowl. Good riddence. Move should have been made after 2008.

The Skins have a LOT of veteran players who are very hungry for a ring right now. Don't underestimate that. McNabb has a good shot of making the Eagles fans vomit after seeing him finally get a Lombardi. Shanahan has a better record of winning than Reid, who falls apart in the postseason.

Besides, you can't blame Donovan for throwing up at a Super Bowl, he just caught the Philly Flu. It's STILL going around:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Off-Duty-Officer-Daughters-Assaulted-at-Phillies-Game-90983739.html

87Redskins.png

Archived