NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

If the Kings used their current purple, and added a Vegas gold, they'd have a much better looking 3rd than the pencil-tip they have now.

Oh, hell NO!!! Vegas gold is freaking horrible and over-used! If you wanted to go a darker gold, then fine, maybe one along the lines of Purdue or Notre Dame, then fine, but Vegas gold and the use of it is like a bad disease that's out of control. It's what kills the Penguins completely. It's what kills Georgia Tech. It looks like the uniforms have been left out in the sun for 2-3 years and have become faded. There's absolutely no pop to that color as it just fades and fades into obscurity.

Agreed. If the Kings insist on going Purple and Gold they better at the very least make sure its athletic. While were on the subject, the Penguins really need to ditch that colour too. That with the RBK, templated mess they call their Home and Away jerseys. Looks dated already, cup or not.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and as more of a hockey jersey, yeah.

I still like those Sacto jerseys, though. Never understood the hate.

The hate probably stemmed from the shiny material of the uniforms (Miami Heat until 2009 come to mind), the asymmetrical striping pattern and the terrible number font used on nearly every highway sign.

Those jerseys still had the wordmark on the hem.

Kings29.png

I guess I'm in the minority, but I loved those jersey. They were unique. The jersey pattern was very simple and traditional, but combined with the wordmark on the hem, the colours, and the number font they looked modern. Everyone is hating on the font but I honestly love it. Yes, they're fairly obtuse but they have a sort of medieval look that I like, and I think fits the Kings well. I would love for the kings to bring back a purple jersey full time. That colour has been neglected far too much in hockey.

I liked those jerseys too, minus the wordmark. I never understood the funky collar on the purple alts, but they look good too. I also agree that they need to bring back a purple alt. If they were to do a complete redesign, they should keep their current colours and not just go back to black/silver or purple/gold.

The deep blue and black on the checkerboard muddle into midnight blue at medium distance, and the Olde Tyme Iced Hockey motif really clashes with the chrome-plated fossil skull. Who approves this crap?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The deep blue and black on the checkerboard muddle into midnight blue at medium distance, and the Olde Tyme Iced Hockey motif really clashes with the chrome-plated fossil skull. Who approves this crap?

NASCAR

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The road version of the third needs some work - it looks far too plain. I'd take the navy version, and swap the white and navy all around. That would give you thin navy stripes, with navy sleeve ends, and a thick navy hem stripe at the bottom. The checkerboard stripes could be white with a light gray/silver.

Both jerseys would greatly benefit from implementing the current name and number fonts. Much as it is with Tampa Bay, reaching back three decades before your team was founded for your new look is disingenuous. You're a product of one of the more experimental decades in hockey design, in a non-traditional market, but have been around long enough to have something approaching an actual tradition. So don't go apeing the history of others. Stay modern without going all '90s wacky or Edge template lazy, and you, too, can have a distinctive, marketable look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No jersey they wear can be taken seriously as long as it has that logo on it. Also, light blue trim? Come on - that's the last thing the league needs. Where's the yellow,

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agreed. This white jersey is just as hideous as the Navy third. The invisible checkerboard adds nothing to the design and looks even worse on the shoulder patch. The chrome plated logo looks even worse in the new colours. Navy and Black together? No Thanks.

The road version of the third needs some work - it looks far too plain. I'd take the navy version, and swap the white and navy all around. That would give you thin navy stripes, with navy sleeve ends, and a thick navy hem stripe at the bottom. The checkerboard stripes could be white with a light gray/silver.

Both jerseys would greatly benefit from implementing the current name and number fonts. Much as it is with Tampa Bay, reaching back three decades before your team was founded for your new look is disingenuous. You're a product of one of the more experimental decades in hockey design, in a non-traditional market, but have been around long enough to have something approaching an actual tradition. So don't go apeing the history of others. Stay modern without going all '90s wacky or Edge template lazy, and you, too, can have a distinctive, marketable look.

Exactly, the Pred's are a 90's expansion team. Their jerseys should reflect that. I didn't think their inaugural jerseys were that bad. At the very least they were original. Those Triangles along the Hemline were a nice touch.

No jersey they wear can be taken seriously as long as it has that logo on it. Also, light blue trim? Come on - that's the last thing the league needs. Where's the yellow,

Nashville's original colour would look great if they simplified it to just Navy, Yellow, Silver and White. The thing thats been killing it is all those unnecessary colours in the logo like the Burnt orange and Steel.

Another big sighting of Nashville's awesome but unused road jersey at a charity event. Everybody was wearing one.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=20371

0213-nsh-gnashvegas2.jpg0213-nsh-gnashvegas1.jpg

If those jerseys in fact "aren't good enough to be worn permanently", why are we still seeing them all the time?

Unless Reebok screwed up, there will be a NEW home and away for Nashville - the alternate will remain the alternate.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Another big sighting of Nashville's awesome but unused road jersey at a charity event. Everybody was wearing one.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/gallerylanding.htm?id=20371

0213-nsh-gnashvegas2.jpg0213-nsh-gnashvegas1.jpg

If those jerseys in fact "aren't good enough to be worn permanently", why are we still seeing them all the time?

Unless Reebok screwed up, there will be a NEW home and away for Nashville - the alternate will remain the alternate.

I have a feeling it will be a more traditional home and road set but with their current colors: navy, silver, yellow and white.

The only thing the Kings need to do is add hem trim to their current unis.

You people are once again drastically overrating yet another dated design simply on the merit of blind nostalgia :)

Purple and gold are about the best colors a team with a royal themed name can wear and the fact that they've always shared a building with the Lakers makes it even more appropriate. And how can you not think this...

245.gif

...isn't better than this?

105.gif

That said, I'd be perfectly content with a recolor of the current crown, just as long as the original colors returned. But for the record, this has nothing to do with nostalgia... I can't ever recall seeing the Kings play when they were in purple & gold.

I prefer the modern crown (in my eyes the best logo the Kings have ever had. And I have 40/40 vision! For crying out loud, how many of you guys can see underwater? ^_^ ).

I dig the hockey sticks embedded in the top (showing the hockey connection) and the sun shaped gems on the crown itself (showing the sunshine/California connection).

The old crown does look feminine (isn't it a Queen's crown?) and looks way too ornamental for my tastes.

I just hope the Kings don't make that lame "LA crown shield" logo on the alternate jersey the full time primary.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived