NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

...oh, and I should mention: the MLB vintage graphics are by far the best. I know the person who puts those together, and let's just say that he is a stickler for detail. Pretty much anything prior to 1993 in the MLB will be a trace or a re-construction of sorts of an original hand-drawn graphic. '93 was the first year the MLB went digital.

And yet they still can't manage to give us a proper Brooklyn Dodgers logo.

Not to mention all the 1990s "vintage designs" that get passed off as authentic.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (Kings logo) graphic is still wrong, it's missing the drop shadow on "KINGS", as seen on this game-worn jersey crest (if you consider crests as an "official logo"):

http://www.dropthepu...uber%20logo.JPG

(and if anybody cares, the crown inside that logo was used on centre ice in 1997-98, only in black and silver)

You know - I've seen that - and I wonder if we've got another case of the official vector graphics not matching what's actually worn on the ice (see: Blackhawks' shoulder patch).

The (Kings logo) graphic is still wrong, it's missing the drop shadow on "KINGS", as seen on this game-worn jersey crest (if you consider crests as an "official logo"):

http://www.dropthepu...uber%20logo.JPG

(and if anybody cares, the crown inside that logo was used on centre ice in 1997-98, only in black and silver)

You know - I've seen that - and I wonder if we've got another case of the official vector graphics not matching what's actually worn on the ice (see: Blackhawks' shoulder patch).

Or a case of official primary logo not exactly the same as jersey crest such as Vancouver Canucks black/orange hockey skate logo or Philadelphia Flyers

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think it looks a lot better than the stick-rink or C-whale with Vancouver radially arched above it. It's certainly a better logo than the johnny canuck getting decapitated by the V that they use on the shoulders of their alternates.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, that's one way to sell those ugly-arse practice jerseys. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Senators put their 2-D crest on their practice jerseys after this move.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think it looks a lot better than the stick-rink or C-whale with Vancouver radially arched above it. It's certainly a better logo than the johnny canuck getting decapitated by the V that they use on the shoulders of their alternates.

Agreed.

And actually, the Skating Johnny looks better on the green jersey than the blue one.

Although, it would look extremely weird to see the Canucks in green.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Tell that to the Mothership :P

Looks like it has already happened. Thanks Chris!

P.S. I hope no one thinks that when I post "corrected" graphics like these that I am criticizing Chris or sportslogos.net in general. If I find replacements or additions to the logos and graphics I will post them here, and Chris is free to use them. Just trying to help. Oh - and the Kings' version that was previously in place as the official mark, was straight out of an official NHL Vintage collection, but was still wrong. I recently got a hold of a set of official 1997 era graphics that contained the correct version.

Will you be taking requests?

188787_10150153755805931_390383765930_8688502_6983159_n.jpg

Canucks new practice jersey they wore today in the Superskills competition. Hope it doesn't lead to a change, it does not look good on a jersey.

Oh, and credit to Icethetics for the image.

The Canucks NEED a kelly green alternate. Take the green practice jersey add some classy blue and white stripes and put the stick and rink on the shoulders.

I don't understand how they can't figure out how to incorporate green into the orca logo. I know many dislike it because of that "oooh its an evil corporate logo" thing, but its a decent logo.

That being said, the updated Johnny would make a fine crest, although it does seem a bit too busy.

Anything is better than that dated generic rink-and-stick logo.

I don't understand how they can't figure out how to incorporate green into the orca logo. I know many dislike it because of that "oooh its an evil corporate logo" thing, but its a decent logo.

That being said, the updated Johnny would make a fine crest, although it does seem a bit too busy.

Anything is better than that dated generic rink-and-stick logo.

They don't add green to it because it doesn't need it. Green would just convolute it more. Besides just cause there is green on the jerseys doesnt mean the logo has to have it too

The Canucks NEED a kelly green alternate. Take the green practice jersey add some classy blue and white stripes and put the stick and rink on the shoulders.

You mean like this?

CF92-CanucksAlternateConcept.png

(yeah, the design's real "original" but it's all I can think of, the silver's a little problematic)

Stellar work there. I'd pick one of these up in a heartbeat

You mean like this?

CF92-CanucksAlternateConcept.png

(yeah, the design's real "original" but it's all I can think of, the silver's a little problematic)

Very nice, though I would get rid of the V on the sleeves. Even a straight repaint of their current homes to green would be fine. Before seeing the full Johnny Canuck on the practice jersey, I wasn't quite sold on whether or not it would look good on a jersey, but I think it looks pretty good. I always figured they would have to put it inside a circle to get it to work. Definately a whole lot better than the Birthing Whale. It's funny, I know the Canucks have a stick and rink practice jersey and now Johnny Canuck, but do they even have one with the orca logo?

Tell that to the Mothership :P

Looks like it has already happened. Thanks Chris!

P.S. I hope no one thinks that when I post "corrected" graphics like these that I am criticizing Chris or sportslogos.net in general. If I find replacements or additions to the logos and graphics I will post them here, and Chris is free to use them. Just trying to help. Oh - and the Kings' version that was previously in place as the official mark, was straight out of an official NHL Vintage collection, but was still wrong. I recently got a hold of a set of official 1997 era graphics that contained the correct version.

Will you be taking requests?

188787_10150153755805931_390383765930_8688502_6983159_n.jpg

Canucks new practice jersey they wore today in the Superskills competition. Hope it doesn't lead to a change, it does not look good on a jersey.

Oh, and credit to Icethetics for the image.

I'm with you in your last statement, but I am underwhelmed with these jerseys. I don't think Mr. Canuck stands the test of being a true primary logo. Also, maybe Mr. Colerwerx can tell us, but that does not appear to be true kelly green. There's a slight vomit / grassy tone that gives the jersey a sorta seasick feeling. It would appear (from these photos / lighting) to be a different shade than what's on the jersey. I think having the stick in rink in blue / white / green would be the cleanest and most perfect jersey set ever assembled. (And I'm a Ranger fan). It would have only 3 distinct colors in the "brand," 3 distinct sweater colors and a consistent feel to it. Tough to beat. The Flames could if they totally revamped...

Archived