NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

So psyched about the new Sens third jersey. I hope it's primarily black with broad red and white stripes across the chest. So far the Barrette concept has come the closest to what I'm hoping for. For me the best case scenerio would be that the new jerseys sell like gangbusters prompting the team to design a matching white jersey and drop the gladiator theme alltogether. Then that would make room for a full barberpole that could be used in an outdoor game. I really hope that the organization resists the temptation to use "vintage white" and creates a clean look. I feel like black, red, and cream would look too much like the Blackhawks third.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So psyched about the new Sens third jersey. I hope it's primarily black with broad red and white stripes across the chest. So far the Barrette concept has come the closest to what I'm hoping for. For me the best case scenerio would be that the new jerseys sell like gangbusters prompting the team to design a matching white jersey and drop the gladiator theme alltogether.

That would be a huge mistake. I realise that the "O" logo is popular among Senators fans but it was used by a completely different team. If they use it full time they'll do what their expansion cousins the Lightning did last month. Eviscerate a 20 year history. It would also be unfortunate if they dropped the Gold and became just another Red and Black team.

Then that would make room for a full barberpole that could be used in an outdoor game. I really hope that the organization resists the temptation to use "vintage white" and creates a clean look. I feel like black, red, and cream would look too much like the Blackhawks third.

Agree with you there. This vintage white trend is really getting out of hand.

This off-white/tan/cream is getting horrible! It's such a bad color the way it's being used in hockey. It just makes what would be a sharp jersey, just look dull and bland. All the jerseys that use the tan/off-white/cram just look bad. I presume in the NHL, tan/off-white/cream is the new black.

No way, blue is the new black.

untitled-6.jpg

This off-white/tan/cream is getting horrible! It's such a bad color the way it's being used in hockey. It just makes what would be a sharp jersey, just look dull and bland. All the jerseys that use the tan/off-white/cram just look bad. I presume in the NHL, tan/off-white/cream is the new black.

No way, blue is the new black.

Screenshot2011-03-08at50331PM.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The Ducks recently took their annual team photo in the third jerseys.

I reckon this thing is well on its way to becoming the primary home uniform sometime in the near future :D

I hope not. Adding more orange was a good thing. Bringing the old logo back is also a good thing, but the orange underarm-rocket-stripes are terrible, and that stripe on the home and roads is DESIGNED for the webbed-D logo. Put the D logo on the main jersey (with the complete stripe) and add the third's shoulder logo, and you have a great jersey. Just adapting the 3rds...not so much

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Rangers in white at home for the first time (that I can remember at least) since the lockout.

It's beating a 6 year old dead horse but man, it just looks so right.

And I know, I know, prior to expansion thats how it was anyway, and they're the Broadway Blueshirts, and all that jazz, but I so prefer the white at home.

Apart from the Rangers part, I will second that motion on bringing back the home whites!!!

Not me. The whites can't hold a candle to the blues.

I'd much rather see home teams in their colors than in white, washed out against the ice.

Rangers in white at home for the first time (that I can remember at least) since the lockout.

And I know, I know, prior to expansion thats how it was anyway, and they're the Broadway Blueshirts, and all that jazz, but I so prefer the white at home.

Apart from the Rangers part, I will second that motion on bringing back the home whites!!!

I'd much rather see home teams in their colors than in white, washed out against the ice.

But then the road team is "washed out against the ice"

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

That would be a huge mistake. I realise that the "O" logo is popular among Senators fans but it was used by a completely different team. If they use it full time they'll do what their expansion cousins the Lightning did last month. Eviscerate a 20 year history. It would also be unfortunate if they dropped the Gold and became just another Red and Black team.

At the end of the day, isn't that all that matters?

thecatch.jpg

I reckon this thing is well on its way to becoming the primary home uniform sometime in the near future :D

I wouldn't mind. Mainly because I like that "D" logo and want the wimpy teeny tiny wordmark logo to go away. But the jersey needs work. I'm not crazy about the striping and the socks (too much orange). I also wish they never brought that cartoonish "Mighty Ducks" logo back. It should have stayed in the past alongside the cheesy "Mighty" aspect of the nickname.

The Catch of the Day!

I hope not. Adding more orange was a good thing. Bringing the old logo back is also a good thing, but the orange underarm-rocket-stripes are terrible, and that stripe on the home and roads is DESIGNED for the webbed-D logo. Put the D logo on the main jersey (with the complete stripe) and add the third's shoulder logo, and you have a great jersey. Just adapting the 3rds...not so much

Yeah the side stripes look way too contrived and that phantom shoulder yolk is completely unnecessary. I agree putting the D on the primary and away jerseys would be ideal. Just add some more orange to hem stripes and cuffs.

But then the road team is "washed out against the ice"

Yes, but given the choice I'd rather make the home team look good than the road.

I wouldn't mind. Mainly because I like that "D" logo and want the wimpy teeny tiny wordmark logo to go away. But the jersey needs work. I'm not crazy about the striping and the socks (too much orange). I also wish they never brought that cartoonish "Mighty Ducks" logo back. It should have stayed in the past alongside the cheesy "Mighty" aspect of the nickname.

The name was silly, but the logo was great. Any team named the "Ducks" should embrace it and not try to be all fierce and intimidating.

Even with the recolor, which almost never works, that Ducks logo is brilliant.

"not all fierce and intimidating" != cartoonish and childish. There have been many ducks concepts around here that aren't fierce and intimidating and are perfectly fine for representing a team named the Ducks.

Also, teams in white wouldn't be washed out against the ice if they had well-designed uniforms. I never thought the Flyers were washed out, nor many other teams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's interesting how conditions affect people's judgement. If there were no movies, no Disney, and the Ducks came into the league with the exact same old logo and jade and eggplant colors, they'd be accepted fine. I never see anyone complain that the Penguins' logo is too cartoonish, or that old Orioles logo that people seem to like, and that's much worse.

It's interesting how conditions affect people's judgement. If there were no movies, no Disney, and the Ducks came into the league with the exact same old logo and jade and eggplant colors, they'd be accepted fine. I never see anyone complain that the Penguins' logo is too cartoonish, or that old Orioles logo that people seem to like, and that's much worse.

I agree. There's nothing more cartoonish or less "intimidating" than the other. They're both just silly birds.

174.gif1.gif

EDIT: I just had to

44630919.jpg

bufg.png

The name was silly, but the logo was great. Any team named the "Ducks" should embrace it and not try to be all fierce and intimidating.

I agree. I'm sure this has been done before, but in my opinion this would be the best look using what they currently have available. (Imagine the D logo on the shoulders.)

30343994.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I agree. I'm sure this has been done before, but in my opinion this would be the best look using what they currently have available. (Imagine the D logo on the shoulders.)

30343994.png

I have to admit that, that is a great looking 3RD jersey, but the Ducks should never use that on their primarys. As a kid, I loved their logo, but then I grew up and realized how cartoonist and kids movie derived it is. But that being said, that jersey would really be a nice 3rd and that would allow the ducks to do what they should have done in the first place and put the D on their home and away. Otherwise I'm still hoping they A. come up with a new logo for the third. or B. start from scratch on the 3rd and introduce a new logo with it.

Archived