NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Black, not navy or royal?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Sharks dropped the orange, they'd have easily one of the best uniforms in the league IMO. The orange just cheapens it for me unfortunately.

I also prefer the 'straightened' triangle as well, but if it was me I'd be using the full body Shark for their primary. It's not a huge deal though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

If the Sharks dropped the orange, they'd have easily one of the best uniforms in the league IMO. The orange just cheapens it for me unfortunately.

I also prefer the 'straightened' triangle as well, but if it was me I'd be using the full body Shark for their primary. It's not a huge deal though.

Replace the Orange with gray?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Definitely. And drop the should yokes.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

Perfection! IMHO!!!

sharksidea.jpg

I like the current Sharks logo, but it does need to be tweaked. I think you nailed it with those slight changes. :hockeysmiley:

As for the jerseys, they need to drop orange entirely and lose the numbers on the front (which I've never liked on any NHL team).

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Definitely. And drop the should yokes.

Yup. Like I said, its a potentially really nice jersey, but they're trying too hard. Bit like the Canucks IMO. Less is more. Look at Detroit.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

People seem to have problems with going "retro" for no reason but it seems that the sharks went "modern" for no reason.

And yet they went away from the armpit vents and curvilinear elements of the old sweaters in favor of shoulder yokes, hem stripes, and block numbers. I think the Sharks went more traditional than modern, personally, and they did it well. They could've gone traditional the way Tampa Bay did:

alsostolenfromtoronto.jpg

What a brave corporate dorsal fin!

P'shaw! P'shaw I say! That design lacks an essential element of any good design.

Yes, that's right ---- CONSUMMATE V'S!!!

People seem to have problems with going "retro" for no reason but it seems that the sharks went "modern" for no reason.

And yet they went away from the armpit vents and curvilinear elements of the old sweaters in favor of shoulder yokes, hem stripes, and block numbers. I think the Sharks went more traditional than modern, personally, and they did it well. They could've gone traditional the way Tampa Bay did:

alsostolenfromtoronto.jpg

What a brave corporate dorsal fin!

P'shaw! P'shaw I say! That design lacks an essential element of any good design.

Yes, that's right ---- CONSUMMATE V'S!!!

Yeah - that guy wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit him in the face.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is for next year, but according to Icethetics, it looks like the Kings are going with their current thirds as their primary homes...They're going to make a complementary white away jersey with silver and black. Apparently, the current homes will become the thirds...and the beautiful purples are being mothballed. EPIC FAIL.

No time for a patch or anything drastic since he passed earlier today, about 5 hours before gametime, the Sabres wore a sticker on their helmets to honor French Connection winger Rick Martin. R.I.P.

110040728_slide.jpg

110040725_slide.jpg

Side note, but I REALLY love Buffalo's third uniform. I hope this isn't a one-year deal.

Love the front; loathe the back.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yes. The numbers and nameplate are awful. If I were a sabres fan I might buy the jersey, but there's no way I'd get it personalized.

You could always get it personlized the right way and completely embarrass the organization and their shoddy attempts at creating a good looking jersey. Oh wait, I'm sorry but apparently that's not possible in Buffalo over the last 10 or so years with any of their teams!

That jersey (the front anyway) proves that the Sabres should have went back to their colors instead of picking navy, yellow and gray. The royal blue and athletic yellow looks far better.

Yeah the Navy is too dull and makes the jerseys look dated already. Same with the piping, pit stains and front numbers. Im sure they'll get it right one of these days but I won't hold my breath...

That jersey (the front anyway) proves that the Sabres should have went back to their colors instead of picking navy, yellow and gray. The royal blue and athletic yellow looks far better.

Yeah the Navy is too dull and makes the jerseys look dated already. Same with the piping, pit stains and front numbers. Im sure they'll get it right one of these days but I won't hold my breath...

Another thing that I'm starting to dislike about the current Sabres look is the excessive silver lining within the crest. I get what they are trying to do. From a distance, the lines make the yellow circle pop so it could look like more than just a 2D logo. But up close, the silver lines seem overdone and it makes the logo inferior to the classic one.

Take the 1970 off of this one and use this remake of the classic logo as the full-time primary. It might even work in navy.

Archived