NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please dear god, don't let the Kings go back to purple and gold!

Agreed. From a distance, the Kings home jersey can be mistaken for the Stars home jersey because the purple is not as bright. The current alt solves that problem.

I love the white pants! Although, I know I'm in a very small minority.

I'm with you in regards to the (vintage) white pants. As long as they are used only for special occasions.

I think a variation of the purple would be fine with the penguins vegas gold replacing the yellow.

Of course, the Pens switching vegas gold back to the original yellow. :D

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Please dear god, don't let the Kings go back to purple and gold!

Agreed. From a distance, the Kings home jersey can be mistaken for the Stars home jersey because the purple is not as bright. The current alt solves that problem.

I love the white pants! Although, I know I'm in a very small minority.

I'm with you in regards to the (vintage) white pants. As long as they are used only for special occasions.

Uh no. Maybe if you are in space, the Kings jerseys could be mistaken for the Stars jerseys.

I think the Kings should pull a TCU and go with purple and red - purple for the Lakers, and red for the Clippers. Sounds garish, but if they use a really dark purple, it would look nice, IMO.

Maybe they could use something like this shade of purple with this shade of red.

The thing with the Kings though, is that they have been in LA since the 60's and have pretty good fanbase, they don't need to borrow color schemes from other LA teams to get attention of the market. I'm just hoping that they don't go back to silver and black, it just seems so dull on the ice to me. Either a return to gold and purple or sticking with the current purple, black and silver would be alright with me.

They've always borrowed colour schemes from other teams though. Purple and gold from the Lakers, black and silver from the Raiders, and purple, black, and silver from the Sacramento Kings.

I don't think their current color scheme was a rip-off of the Sacramento Kings as much as it was just a combination of past and present. Their 25th anniversary used their current colors and that came out 2-3 years before Sacramento broke out the purple/silver/black.

25th Anniversary Logo

Teams use old colours in anniversary logos all the time without reincorporating them into their identities. The Sacramento Kings, for example, used their old colours of red, white, and blue on their "20 Seasons in Sacramento" patch. I don't see the use of purple in the Kings' 25th Anniversary logo as anything other then a nice way to pay tribute to the past. They wouldn't add purple to their colour scheme for six more years. Maybe they liked the way the black and silver went with purple after seeing the anniversary logo, but I doubt that anniversary logo was designed with the reintroduction of purple being a goal. If it was they wouldn't have waited six years to do it.

When they finally did do it the Sacramento Kings had already used the colour scheme for four years.

All things being equal I would like to see the Kings go back to black and silver. The organization's best/most relevant years are associated with that look.

Something like this would be ideal....

242.png

Just saying, these anniversary jerseys the rangers are wearing need to be their full time sweaters. It does right all the things the regular home shirt does wrong.

Youre insane

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Just saying, these anniversary jerseys the rangers are wearing need to be their full time sweaters. It does right all the things the regular home shirt does wrong.

Youre insane

I'm inclined to agree. I dislike the Rangers' anniversary sweaters on principal. No Original Six team should have to invent a fauxback.

I think the Kings should pull a TCU and go with purple and red - purple for the Lakers, and red for the Clippers. Sounds garish, but if they use a really dark purple, it would look nice, IMO.

Maybe they could use something like this shade of purple with this shade of red.

The thing with the Kings though, is that they have been in LA since the 60's and have pretty good fanbase, they don't need to borrow color schemes from other LA teams to get attention of the market. I'm just hoping that they don't go back to silver and black, it just seems so dull on the ice to me. Either a return to gold and purple or sticking with the current purple, black and silver would be alright with me.

They've always borrowed colour schemes from other teams though. Purple and gold from the Lakers, black and silver from the Raiders, and purple, black, and silver from the Sacramento Kings.

I don't think their current color scheme was a rip-off of the Sacramento Kings as much as it was just a combination of past and present. Their 25th anniversary used their current colors and that came out 2-3 years before Sacramento broke out the purple/silver/black.

25th Anniversary Logo

Teams use old colours in anniversary logos all the time without reincorporating them into their identities. The Sacramento Kings, for example, used their old colours of red, white, and blue on their "20 Seasons in Sacramento" patch. I don't see the use of purple in the Kings' 25th Anniversary logo as anything other then a nice way to pay tribute to the past. They wouldn't add purple to their colour scheme for six more years. Maybe they liked the way the black and silver went with purple after seeing the anniversary logo, but I doubt that anniversary logo was designed with the reintroduction of purple being a goal. If it was they wouldn't have waited six years to do it.

When they finally did do it the Sacramento Kings had already used the colour scheme for four years.

All things being equal I would like to see the Kings go back to black and silver. The organization's best/most relevant years are associated with that look.

Something like this would be ideal....

242.png

Thats pretty good, just add some white to make it pop a bit more

I really love the anniversary sweaters. Wish I still lived ten blocks from the Garden.

But I'd love to hear what's wrong with their regular sweaters.

The fauxbacks are beauties, no doubt about it. But their regular sweaters have been around forever and some people probably just want to see something different. I don't see anything wrong with the regular sweaters and I don't think they should ditch the royal blues.

[The LA Kings] always borrowed colour schemes from other teams though. Purple and gold from the Lakers, black and silver from the Raiders, and purple, black, and silver from the Sacramento Kings.

The Lakers borrowed purple and gold from the Kings, not the other way around. Prior to the 1967-68 season the Lakers wore (a couple different shades of) blue and white. Lakers owner Jack Kent Cooke also owned the Kings, and he chose the purple and yellow colours for the Kings because they are 'regal'. He changed the Lakers to match the Kings.

[The LA Kings] always borrowed colour schemes from other teams though. Purple and gold from the Lakers, black and silver from the Raiders, and purple, black, and silver from the Sacramento Kings.

The Lakers borrowed purple and gold from the Kings, not the other way around. Prior to the 1967-68 season the Lakers wore (a couple different shades of) blue and white. Lakers owner Jack Kent Cooke also owned the Kings, and he chose the purple and yellow colours for the Kings because they are 'regal'. He changed the Lakers to match the Kings.

According to the mothership Lakers started wearing gold and purple a season before the Kings started playing.

242.png

I hate that logo. The speed lines are tacky and dated and I can't look at the shield and think anything but this...

chevrolet%20logo%202.gif

I always thought it looked like a beer logo, actually.

Still, I like the black and silver. They represent the franchise's best years.

242.png

I hate that logo. The speed lines are tacky and dated and I can't look at the shield and think anything but this...

chevrolet%20logo%202.gif

Agreed. Yeah, it represent the last time that the Kings were a premier team not only in the NHL but on the entire North American sports scene, but it's really dated. If they can find a way to update it so it doesn't look like something that couldn't make it out of 1993, it'd be alright. But still, I wouldn't wanna see them go back to that. If they go back to anything, it should be the purple & gold, or at least modernize that look somewhat.

And they aren't revising the logo? To me, their look will always be ugly as long as that logo is there.

Pretty much. The Preds could have one of the classier uniform designs in the league, but as long as that logo is anchoring the entire thing, they won't look good.

Should we read into (probably not) the "Edge piping" that appears above? How about the fact that there is no mention of a new away???

There's going to be a new away jersey as well. Buffalo did the same thing last year; they only mentionned a new home jersey at the beginning. That's my assumption.

Archived