NHL 2012

Bmac

I'm definitely not an avid hockey fan, not really a fan at all, all of this, chris creamer's is sparking my interest because I never knew there were so much people that thought about logo design just like me. I'm glad to see such support on this site and I'm starting to get into nhl a bit. I think this thread might have something to do with it. :)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how is the new post of nj a redesign?

He did some minor work on the logo... if you read his write-up, he says what he did differently. Not every concept on here is life-altering.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The guy is doing something more personal but not really true, just to show some effects of some logos and jersey changes and etc that would be ideal in the graphic world but might not be workable (i think several ones would work better for sure!!) for the actual NHL... so I do like seeing some interesting ideas with the logos and more.. the NJ horned logo version is very cool and might be doable as a 3rd logo alternate somehow...just my opinion on this...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

He did some minor work on the logo... if you read his write-up, he says what he did differently. Not every concept on here is life-altering.

True, originally he had a concept, albeit one that would cause riots, but his change is merely adding a silver shadow to the current logo. That isn't a concept.

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

New York Islanders

2011: As expected, the home and road uniforms now match. A new navy alternate uniform is unveiled. It features the 4-stripe Cup championship pattern throughout.

2012: An alternate orange jersey is released. The logo is taken out of the circle, and gray is used as an alternate color.

IslandersHome-1.png

IslandersRoad-1.png

IslandersAlt2.png

IslandersAlt1.png

New York Islanders

2011: As expected, the home and road uniforms now match. A new navy alternate uniform is unveiled. It features the 4-stripe Cup championship pattern throughout.

2012: An alternate orange jersey is released. The logo is taken out of the circle, and gray is used as an alternate color.

IslandersHome-1.png

IslandersRoad-1.png

IslandersAlt2.png

IslandersAlt1.png

What happened to the shoulder hash marks, honoring the team's 5 Stanley Cup wins?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

The navy blue alts, and the lighthouse logo are cool and the home/away are classic, but the orange and gray alt is IMO (and respectfully) painful. It's way too busy. The circle-less logo is creative and interesting, but I still prefer the classic, iconic logo.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

New York Islanders

IslandersHome-1.png

IslandersRoad-1.png

IslandersAlt2.png

IslandersAlt1.png

What happened to the shoulder hash marks, honoring the team's 5 Stanley Cup wins?

They only won 4.

And the stipes aren't on the shoulder this year in real life or in this concept.

BMAC, that orange concept is freaking sweet man! I love it.

Great work.

2ly2w09.jpg

Florida Panthers

The Panthers uniform future is a bit of a mess. With much talk of the team possibly leaving Florida, the Panthers struggle to find a suitable identity.

2011: In an unexpected move, the Panthers wear their 3rd jerseys at home, with a matching white version on the road.

Turns out, this is in fact what is happening! Sun-Sentinel reported it not too long ago.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

nice work on the isles! just an idea for the alts: i hate, hate, hate navy on the isles. i'm so glad it's gone. i would love to see a hybrid of the two alt jerseys you have. keep the first alt that is currently navy and make it primarily orange with the 4 striping pattern royal and white while using the logo sans circle on the front. i'd LOVE to see what that looks like.

sig2024.png

New York Rangers

2011: A new alternate jersey is unveiled. It is navy, with a simple white/red/white pattern throughout. The Lady Liberty logo has been modified and is used as the crest. The classic diagonal Rangers is used as a shoulder patch.

2012: A white version of the alternate is released. The Rangers also make minor changes to the home and road uniforms, most notably matching the stripes on the jerseys.

RangersHome.png

RangersRoad.png

RangersAlt1.png

RangersAlt2.png

RangersLogoComparison.png

I like the update work you did on the Rangers- the Statue of Liberty logo looks solid, and I like the Rangers in Navy.

Going back a little ways, your Islanders set looks pretty good, and I am a big fan of what you did with their logo- it looks far superior outside of the circle... really brings it into this millennium. On the other hand, I dislike just about everything about the jersey itself- the grey seems random (and unnecessary), the socks would just look like a mess, you now have three sets of blue breezers and three sets of gloves. That set has a lot of potential, and I think you should strongly consider going back and changing a few things.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The Islanders alternate is amazing. I think the updated Rangers logo would look better if you didn't have as many words underneath the Statue of Liberty.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Florida Panthers

The Panthers uniform future is a bit of a mess. With much talk of the team possibly leaving Florida, the Panthers struggle to find a suitable identity.

2011: In an unexpected move, the Panthers wear their 3rd jerseys at home, with a matching white version on the road.

Turns out, this is in fact what is happening! Sun-Sentinel reported it not too long ago.

Got a link?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived