Virginia Football Going Pro Combat

tron1013

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of a let down considering they created hype about it...and I'm wondering if the orange stripes are still on the helmet. They would work now with the stripe on the pants, but I still think the helmet looks better without them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe cause its the same font and numbers, but in some ways at a glance those really feel like Illinois...not saying that's good or bad.

I understand Illinois has piping and everything...but take off the piping and they are pretty much the same...

I do like the understated look. Virginia has always seemed pretty traditional when it comes to Football Uniforms (the trim from the Reebok one's aside...)

They're pretty plain, which isn't bad, but I liked their previous set more.

And Pro Combat doesn't mean that they have to do something crazy, that's just what the teams did last year to showcase how the uniform was different. Most teams that use it this year will probably have similar jerseys to what they had last year (I think it's been said that FSU is using the same uniform as last year, just on the Pro Combat template.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here they are:

Football%20Uniform%20Unveiling%202010-04-09%20001.jpg

Football%20Uniform%20Unveiling%202010-04-09%20002.jpg

Football%20Uniform%20Unveiling%202010-04-09%20003.jpg

Football%20Uniform%20Unveiling%202010-04-09%20005.jpg

They really went back to basiscs with that one. About the only thing that seems Pro Combat about this is the fact that it's using the Pro Combat cut. Other than that, it's kind of plain. The old ones were better, IMO.

I do like the fact that they have a lot of opportunities for color combos here. Can't wait to see them go all-orange. :P

Boy, the Illini really cleaned up their look quite nicely.

I'm sorry, what's that?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived