2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

Algeria is down to 10 men, as Ghezzal is sent off. Ironically, Ghezzal entered the pitch in the 58th minute and in 15 minutes on the pitch, accumulated a yellow card in the 59th minute (forgot what for) and a red card for a handball in the 73rd minute.

Edit: Slovenia up 1-0 on a poor save attempt by the Algerian keeper.

He got the first card for yanking on a Slovenian player's jersey.

Right now, Serbia and Ghana are scoreless with Serbia down a man thanks to Lukovic's red card on a stupid foul on his part.

EDIT: Penalty Kick for Ghana thanks to a dumb handball on Serbia's part and... SCORE! Ghana takes the lead 1-0.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's crazy, Serbia went from nearly getting a lead against the run of play to basically giving Ghana the game on what could be generously described as a bad decision on Kiraly's part.

Good to see Ghana's pressing for a 2nd. Knowing how tight that group is, a 2-goal win for Ghana could be crucial.

EDIT: Tabloids are awesome.

5lsbkh.jpg

Has a handball (at least, a deliberate handball) always been worthy of getting a yellow card?

If it happens inside of the penalty box and it's deliberate, it's basically a guaranteed card, in addition to the potential blow of a penalty kick.

Yikes, the Socceroos have their hands full today.

Podolski and Klose, the two guys ESPN/ABC were hyping up for the Germans in the pre-game, have put the Germans up 2-0 in the 27th minute.

Aside from a very very early surge by the Aussies, Germany has controlled the majority of the play to a great degree.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

didn't deserve a red at all to me, it obviously wasn't malicious and knowing him as a player he wouldn't go into a tackle with the intent to hurt someone, he knows what he means to his team. he tried pulling out and was just super late on the tackle.

germany looks fantastic though, they're going to be a tough team to beat if they play like they did today.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Is germany that good or australia bad?

combination of both. The Germans are very good this year.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Make that 4-0 Germany.

I wonder if the Socceroos brought a backup goalie, because he might be needed real soon here.

I thought I just saw a koala in a green jersey warming up on the side there...

philly.png

Just a flat-out dominating perfomance from Die Mannschaft. The 'Roos had no answer for Klose, who seems to have picked up right where he left off after winning the Golden Boot in '06. He had the 2nd goal, easily could have had 3 or 4 more with a little luck. The infusion of youth (Youngest squad Germany has sent to the Cup in 75 years) has added an explosive element to the team. Müller and Özil were flying all over the pitch.

This was a completely different German squad than we're used to seeing.

The rest of the tourney has officially been put on notice.

Archived