2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

If LeBron isn't staying in Cleveland and wants a championship, then it's only logical to throw out Boston, Orlando, the Lakers, and San Antonio as the only legitimate teams. I'm sorry, if he goes anywhere else and doesn't sign with Cleveland, then it isn't about a championship, it's about the money.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to ESPN mainly, this is already turning into the Brett Favre of the NBA. I hope to God it doesn't drag on like that.

You know damn well it's going to. :) You gon' wake up to it, you gon' brush your teeth to it, you gon' have your morning coffee/newspaper to it, you gon' eat your lunch, have your watercooler discussions to it...you gon' :censored:, shower & shave to it...you gon sleep to it.

Face it...The LeBronathon is upon us now. Soak it up, breathe it in...bask in it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Everyone should be surprised no matter WHO wins the draft lottery because whatever team wins it had no better than 1 in 4 odds to win it. Speculation, gut feelings, etc. are just meaningless. The Nets might have the best chance, but they're not the favorite. If anyone thinks they're the favorite, then I'll take the field and let's make a bet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If LeBron isn't staying in Cleveland and wants a championship, then it's only logical to throw out Boston, Orlando, the Lakers, and San Antonio as the only legitimate teams.

It would help if those teams were actually pursuing him & had the money to do so. Besides, all of those teams already have championship quality players, unless they want to rebuild & put all of their money behind LeBron.

Once again, this man basically dragged a :censored:ty team to the NBA Finals a few years ago. If he can get a good coach & a "Scottie Pippen" with ANY team, he's gonna win a championship. It's gonna happen.

Jersey still only has a 25% shot at the first pick. If 1 out of 4 is "likely" to you, I want you to place all your bets with me. Not sure what Minnesota's "history" has to do with this year's chances, if we're presuming that the NBA draft lottery is indeed a matter of chance.

I'm just used to getting a pick that is lower than the standings would have indicated non-lottery. There are two prizes (Wall and Turner) in this lottery. The idea of the T-Wolves getting one...I just don't see it. New Jersey may not either (potentially giving the T-wolves the 5th pick), I suppose.

Just a point of frustration. That lottery has been brutal to Minnesota (except when it slid them to 5th and they got KG instead of Calbert Cheney or someone). I think (though I did some searching and could not find it) that they once had the third worst record and wound up with the third pick and that every other time, the lottery has dropped them vs. their place in the standings.

You'd :censored: up the pick anyway. Why are you complaining about draft positioning?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If LeBron isn't staying in Cleveland and wants a championship, then it's only logical to throw out Boston, Orlando, the Lakers, and San Antonio as the only legitimate teams. I'm sorry, if he goes anywhere else and doesn't sign with Cleveland, then it isn't about a championship, it's about the money.

Actually, Cleveland is the only team that you could make the argument that it is about money, because the other teams are all going to offer the same amount of money.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That's been debunked as false a few days ago. It's just some idiot who figured out that the best way to capitalize on this situation would be to start a ridiculous rumor that is aimed at the people who believe anything that they read on the internet. It caused a scandal a few days ago, but was debunked just as quickly.

In humorous news that is actually true: Clipper Darrell, the world's biggest Clipper fan, has organized a Clipper fan march/parade for LeBron that is going to take place across the street from Staples Center & probably before Game 5 of Lakers-Suns.

Found this to be funny:

And if the idea of a Clippers parade for LeBron James isn't enough to make you smile, perhaps the fact that it's being scheduled to take place at the Staples Center on the day of a possible Game 5 between the Lakers and Suns will do the trick, because that seems like a recipe for disaster.

Some Clippers fans on the Internet agree. For instance, "El_Nino_Jesus":

[...] I DO however picture Laker fans laughing at us and teasing us, ya know they would

Yep, that'd happen. Of course, laughing and teasing aren't nearly as bad as what "MrHill" is worried about:

[...]One thing I strongly suggest (and I'm not advocating any violence what so ever)...bring protection! We all know that many Laker fans aren't the brightest, and you know some of them will be looking for trouble.

For the record, I hope he goes to the Clippers. Mainly because he'll no longer be in the East, & admit it, a Lakers/Clippers rivalry that is ACTUALLY a rivalry would be awesome. Kobe & LeBron sharing an arena, but fighting for supremacy of LA & the NBA in the same arena? I'll take that.

Everyone should be surprised no matter WHO wins the draft lottery because whatever team wins it had no better than 1 in 4 odds to win it. Speculation, gut feelings, etc. are just meaningless. The Nets might have the best chance, but they're not the favorite. If anyone thinks they're the favorite, then I'll take the field and let's make a bet.

Well, no :censored:. But what I'm trying to say is that it's not "The Nets vs. everyone else as a whole." Individually the Nets have the best odds of any team in the lottery. Obviously the field has a 75% chance to win, but "the field" won't be drafting No. 1. Only one of those teams will be drafting first, none of which has a better chance to win that pick than the New Jersey Nets.

I know my gut feeling and other speculation is meaningless, but I don't see the harm in making predictions.

I'm sick of LeBron's BS. He drags this out so much. I honestly question his motives. Think about it... if he was so concerned about winning titles, why does he spend 10-15 minutes in pre-game warm ups shooting underhand half court shots? I mean honestly, what is the point? Shouldn't he take that 10 minutes and put up 25 free throws? Maybe get his average about 77%?

Or why does he shoot all the fade away, leaning jumpers, when there is not a team in the NBA who can consistently stop him when he goes to the hole? Or, my personal favorite, when he is out on the wing on an iso, and palms the ball in his left or right hand, and just picks up and stamps his right foot like he is doing a line dance. He doesn't actually get in the triple threat position, and he isn't actually making basketball moves.

Another something I was thinking about was... what would have happened this off-season or over the last 2 years if he would have came out and said "I am resigning with Cleveland." I think it could have potentially set up some better free agents to come to Cleveland.

I honestly don't think his choice is about winning "multiple championships" like he says in interviews (they are painful to watch). I think he wants to win 1, to say he is an NBA champion, then just expand his brand. I actually just heard him attempting to rap on a track by Paul Wall. It was from 2007, but I just heard it over the weekend.

I have no idea what is going on in his head... but I've been sick of it since last year.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I actually just heard him attempting to rap on a track by Paul Wall. It was from 2007, but I just heard it over the weekend.

He didn't rap on that, pretty sure. It was just his "theme song."

Other than that, I do agree with you. Seems like at this point in his career he's more intent on establishing a brand than winning a title. Of course, later on in his career he's gonna turn all business...but I suppose for now he's just trying to be the Jay-Z of the NBA. He'll get it sooner or later.

I'm sick of LeBron's BS. He drags this out so much. I honestly question his motives. Think about it... if he was so concerned about winning titles, why does he spend 10-15 minutes in pre-game warm ups shooting underhand half court shots? I mean honestly, what is the point? Shouldn't he take that 10 minutes and put up 25 free throws? Maybe get his average about 77%?

Or why does he shoot all the fade away, leaning jumpers, when there is not a team in the NBA who can consistently stop him when he goes to the hole? Or, my personal favorite, when he is out on the wing on an iso, and palms the ball in his left or right hand, and just picks up and stamps his right foot like he is doing a line dance. He doesn't actually get in the triple threat position, and he isn't actually making basketball moves.

Another something I was thinking about was... what would have happened this off-season or over the last 2 years if he would have came out and said "I am resigning with Cleveland." I think it could have potentially set up some better free agents to come to Cleveland.

I honestly don't think his choice is about winning "multiple championships" like he says in interviews (they are painful to watch). I think he wants to win 1, to say he is an NBA champion, then just expand his brand. I actually just heard him attempting to rap on a track by Paul Wall. It was from 2007, but I just heard it over the weekend.

I have no idea what is going on in his head... but I've been sick of it since last year.

Are you actually criticizing Lebron James' play? Something tells me hes already got a good idea about how to play basketball without your genius input :P

On the other hand, I absolutely agree with a lot of things you are saying, especially his ridiculous obsession with himself and his brand. its obnoxious. but please come to chicago!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I actually just heard him attempting to rap on a track by Paul Wall. It was from 2007, but I just heard it over the weekend.

He didn't rap on that, pretty sure. It was just his "theme song."

Other than that, I do agree with you. Seems like at this point in his career he's more intent on establishing a brand than winning a title. Of course, later on in his career he's gonna turn all business...but I suppose for now he's just trying to be the Jay-Z of the NBA. He'll get it sooner or later.

I looked online, and it said it was him in the verse. One of the lines is like... "big stacks come naturally" or something.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Can't he make more money by staying in Cleveland? Like $30 million more?

Yes. Cleveland can offer LeBron in the neighborhood of $125.5 million for 6 years. His other suitors can offer something in the range of 5 years for $96.2 million.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That's been debunked as false a few days ago. It's just some idiot who figured out that the best way to capitalize on this situation would be to start a ridiculous rumor that is aimed at the people who believe anything that they read on the internet. It caused a scandal a few days ago, but was debunked just as quickly.

In humorous news that is actually true: Clipper Darrell, the world's biggest Clipper fan, has organized a Clipper fan march/parade for LeBron that is going to take place across the street from Staples Center & probably before Game 5 of Lakers-Suns.

Found this to be funny:

And if the idea of a Clippers parade for LeBron James isn't enough to make you smile, perhaps the fact that it's being scheduled to take place at the Staples Center on the day of a possible Game 5 between the Lakers and Suns will do the trick, because that seems like a recipe for disaster.

Some Clippers fans on the Internet agree. For instance, "El_Nino_Jesus":

[...] I DO however picture Laker fans laughing at us and teasing us, ya know they would

Yep, that'd happen. Of course, laughing and teasing aren't nearly as bad as what "MrHill" is worried about:

[...]One thing I strongly suggest (and I'm not advocating any violence what so ever)...bring protection! We all know that many Laker fans aren't the brightest, and you know some of them will be looking for trouble.

For the record, I hope he goes to the Clippers. Mainly because he'll no longer be in the East, & admit it, a Lakers/Clippers rivalry that is ACTUALLY a rivalry would be awesome. Kobe & LeBron sharing an arena, but fighting for supremacy of LA & the NBA in the same arena? I'll take that.

By the way, I'm the "MrHill" whose comments were posted on the Yahoo article...as much as I love to see LeBron in a Clipper uniform, I don't have much faith in that happening. You can call it the "Sterling Factor", or whatever, but I think if he leaves Cleveland, he's staying in the East. In my opinion, the most likely destinations would be either Chicago or New Jersey. Even if the Knicks are able to sign another max-contract player, it still wouldn't be enough to compete for a title, even in the East.

While I admire Clipper Darrell's plan, I don't see it being all that effective, and it'll be pretty much a waste of time. What's even worse is that happening on the day of a potential game 5 of the Suns-Lakers series, and across the street from Staples. You mix that in with the some of the yahoo Laker fans, and it's a recipe for disaster. Then again, I know my comments may have pissed-off some Laker fans (which is fine by me), and I don't work too far away from Staples/L.A. Live, so if I'm able to get away from work, I'll stop by.

Yes. Cleveland can offer LeBron in the neighborhood of $125.5 million for 6 years. His other suitors can offer something in the range of 5 years for $96.2 million.

If my quick math is right, that really only breaks down to about $10 million more in LeBron's case. If you figure that at age 30/31 LeBron will still be a max contract player (looks pretty likely at this point), he'll make back a chunk of what he'd get in the sixth year in the first year of his new deal. $10 mill is still a lot, but he's got a lot already.

Wizards get the first overall pick, the Nets drop down to third. Here's the complete results:

1. Washington Wizards

2. Philadelphia 76ers

3. New Jersey Nets

4. Minnesota Timberwolves

5. Sacramento Kings

6. Golden State Warriors

7. Detroit Pistons

8. Los Angeles Clippers

9. Utah Jazz

10. Indiana Pacers

11. New Orleans Hornets

12. Memphis Grizzlies