2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

If the Heat care about using/losing the draft pick, then they will tank. It's top 10 protected, so they only lose it if it's #11 or worse. I'm almost positive the Cavs traded one of the Heat picks to the Suns a couple years ago.

The link I read didn't say it was protected. That completely changes things. The Heat will probably be Wade and 10 former Mountain West guys making the minimum the next few years.

The Cavs have the following picks:

2015: Their own 1st pick (which may be swapped with CHI as a result of the Deng trade; protected 1-14)

MEM's 1st (top 5 protected)

MIA's 1st (top 10 protected)

BOS's 2nd (from the trade earlier this week involving Jack; top 55 protected)

2016: MEM's 1st round pick if not used in 2015 (protected 1-5 and 15-30)

Cleveland's 2016 first round pick to Boston (Jack trade) is top 10 protected in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and, if not conveyed, will be unprotected in the 2019 draft.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the links work. Steven A. Smith and Bill Simmons were on the radio with Dan LeBatard this afternoon and Steven A. in part one of his segments claimed that LeBron's friends did not like how Pat Riley did not give them the run of the place as first the Gunds and later Dan Gilbert did.

http://www.theticketmiami.com/the-dan-lebatard-show/2014/07/11/july-11-2014-the-dan-le-batard-show

If the Heat care about using/losing the draft pick, then they will tank. It's top 10 protected, so they only lose it if it's #11 or worse. I'm almost positive the Cavs traded one of the Heat picks to the Suns a couple years ago.

The link I read didn't say it was protected. That completely changes things. The Heat will probably be Wade and 10 former Mountain West guys making the minimum the next few years.

The Cavs have the following picks:

2015: Their own 1st pick (which may be swapped with CHI as a result of the Deng trade; protected 1-14)

MEM's 1st (top 5 protected)

MIA's 1st (top 10 protected)

BOS's 2nd (from the trade earlier this week involving Jack; top 55 protected)

2016: MEM's 1st round pick if not used in 2015 (protected 1-5 and 15-30)

Cleveland's 2016 first round pick to Boston (Jack trade) is top 10 protected in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and, if not conveyed, will be unprotected in the 2019 draft.

This is the very reason why many scoff at the NBA....all these exceptions when it comes to various transactions. Between "expiring contracts" and "protected picks" and "mid-level exemptions" and etc., it's highly difficult to take the NBA seriously when it comes to free agency and trades.

In their next CBA negotiations, the NBA needs to clear out a bunch of this clutter. No more protecting picks, allow these offseason transactions to be instantaneous (it's dumb to see a guy wear a team's hat on Draft Night when his rights have already been traded to another team), harden the salary cap.....

Cavs Fan Logic:

2003-2009: We love LeBron! He means everything to us!

2010-2012: F you, LeBron! You suck! Good riddance!

2013: What? LeBron could be coming home? That could be cool...

July 11th, 2014: WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO LEBRON'Z BACK!!!11!!One!!!!1 2014-15 NBA CHAM-PEE-OWNZ, BOW-EEEEZZZZ!

Unlike Jaromir Jagr, somehow Lebron is able to put the boos behind him and return to his old team. But seriously, any team that loses their star player in his prime would react the same way the Cleveland fans reacted.

So, will Miami and Cleveland work out a sign-and-trade, or will LeBron just sign? Because he was technically traded to Miami in 2010, right?

Just sign. They can sign him to the max without Miami's help. Getting more money to the player is pretty much the only reason to do a S&T.

PJU85JF.png

Miami still has Bosh and Wade. But South Beach is sad and mad about the world's best basketball player coming back home to Ohio.

In Cleveland.....Cavs fans are celebrating about the King's return home. NOW the Cavs can win a title.

Exit Heat dynasty,enter Cavs dynasty.

Miami still has Bosh and Wade. But South Beach is sad and mad about the world's best basketball player coming back home to Ohio.

In Cleveland.....Cavs fans are celebrating about the King's return home. NOW the Cavs can win a title.

Please stop posting the same thing over and over. We get it...you're going to a Cavs game, and the Heat dynasty is dead and the Cavs dynasty is starting. You really don't need to tell us this multiple times.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Please stop posting the same thing over and over. We get it...you're going to a Cavs game, and the Heat dynasty is dead and the Cavs dynasty is starting. You really don't need to tell us this multiple times.

Ok. I'll stop it.

Did the Cavs get Lebron back? It's amazing that ESPN hasn't had any coverage on it.

1:Yes

2:ESPN DID have coverage. Until 11 PM,I think.

Ok. I'll stop it.

Did the Cavs get Lebron back? It's amazing that ESPN hasn't had any coverage on it.

1:Yes

2:ESPN DID have coverage. Until 11 PM,I think.

HLkOnsD.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm finding myself somewhat happy for Cleveland. I don't care about the nba so the cavs are the one Cleveland team I wouldn't mind seeing win a championship.

I think Lebron felt what a lot of us were saying when he went to Miami. Yeah he won some rings, but they weren't close to how they'd feel if he'd won them in Cleveland. I think if he was being honest he'd tell you winning those championships in Miami wasn't as good a feeling as he'd expected.

And the thing is the Cavs have a way better supporting cast now than they did the last time Lebron played there. In hindsight he did Cleveland a huge favor by leaving. If he stays they don't get three number one picks in four years. They don't get Irving or Wiggins. It was a blessing in disguise and now he can come back, redeem himself, and be a hero.

It's sort of cool.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived