2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

If either Boise and TCU unbeaten and a 1 loss team plays in the BCS there will be a big lawsuit and the end of the Bowl System

Tank, that already occurred during the 2008 season. Florida and Oklahoma each had one loss going into the BCS title game, while unbeaten Utah was in the Sugar Bowl. No lawsuit filed then. They BCS could end, but the bowl system can still stay intact. I am 80% through the new book, "Death to the BCS", and their writers suggest a solution which keeps the bowl system.

The State of Utah may try to file anti-trust violation against the BCS,key word is may.. He has talked for 20 months about filing, but no action as of yet.

Boise State and the Mountain West are even retaining lawyers, too. Unless Boise or TCU (Boise being more likely) makes it into the title game with an undefeated record, things will get very ugly very quickly for the BCS.

The BCS is made up of both the commissioners of the WAC and Mountain West as well as the other nine, so basically the school(s) and conference would be suing themselves.

The playoff PAC might be more important than individual schools trying to sue as the playoff PAC has already gotten the IRS to look in to bowl's tax-exempt status.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going into Halloween.

Baylor is leading the Big XII South. They now end the year with four games against their Big XII South opponents.

Not only that...

For the first time in 17 years, Baylor is ranked.

Now, for the newly revealed BCS Top 10:

10. Wisconsin

9. Oklahoma

8. Utah

7. Alabama

6. Missouri

5. Michigan State

4. TCU

3. Boise State

2. Oregon

1. Auburn

Let the crapstorm begin in 3, 2, 1...

Bowls right now look like this:

NCG: Auburn v Oregon

Rose: Michigan St v Boise St

Sugar: Alabama v Oklahoma

Fiesta: Missouri v Pittsburgh

Orange: Florida St v Ohio St

TIME! How in blazes can you say, with a straight face, that #11 Ohio State should go over #4 TCU? Let me remind you that the Horned Frogs on unbeaten right now and are higher ranked, not only in the BCS, but in both human polls at this moment.

I think I finally get it... You just hate all Non-AQ teams. Is that it, Will? Is that your jist?

Forget Boise State - What more does OREGON have to do to get some respect?

Don't get me wrong, Auburn is a great team, a VERY great team. But this is ridiculous. Oregon should have been the easy shoo-in.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As for Oregon and Boise: Don't blame the human polls. Blame the damn computers... They're the ones who are having the hard ons for Auburn. It's like the computers are doing some major league ass kissing to make sure neither West Coast team is #1 in the BCS.

Uh, knnhrvy: It IS official. They revealed the rankings 15 minutes ago.

As for Oregon and Boise: Don't blame the human polls. Blame the damn computers... They're the ones who are having the hard ons for Auburn. It's like the computers are doing some major league ass kissing to make sure neither West Coast team is #1 in the BCS.

Yup, I caught that and edited it.

And I know it's the computers, absolutely agree. It's ridiculous, what glitch is cranking this crap out?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Why? Up to this point, who has done more than Auburn? They have wins over MSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, and LSU. Boise State has beaten Virginia Tech and Oregon State, and their "easy" games have been infinitely easier than Auburn's. Oregon has beaten Stanford and... Tennessee? UCLA? Not much there. I would maybe even argue that Missouri and Michigan State have more impressive resumes than Oregon or Boise. The margin of victory tells a different story, but it's close nonetheless, and even so, BCS computers aren't allowed to use MoV.

If there are 2 undefeated teams, Boise State being one of them, at the end of the year, and they get left out of the Champoinship, I will agree with the accusations. But now, it's far from clear.

(I'm not saying the BCS isn't :censored:ed up. It completely is, and it needs to be completely reinvented, overhauled, or destroyed. But the standings it has this week are not that crazy.)

Bowls right now look like this:

NCG: Auburn v Oregon

Rose: Michigan St v Boise St

Sugar: Alabama v Oklahoma

Fiesta: Missouri v Pittsburgh

Orange: Florida St v Ohio St

TIME! How in blazes can you say, with a straight face, that #11 Ohio State should go over #4 TCU? Let me remind you that the Horned Frogs on unbeaten right now and are higher ranked, not only in the BCS, but in both human polls at this moment.

I think I finally get it... You just hate all Non-AQ teams. Is that it, Will? Is that your jist?

I don't think they should. I think TCU should go. But I also think that Ohio State would make the Fiesta Bowl more money. Though maybe Wisconsin belongs there instead, it's a tossup there.

LvZYtbZ.png

Why? Up to this point, who has done more than Auburn? They have wins over MSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, and LSU. Boise State has beaten Virginia Tech and Oregon State, and their "easy" games have been infinitely easier than Auburn's. Oregon has beaten Stanford and... Tennessee? UCLA? Not much there. I would maybe even argue that Missouri and Michigan State have more impressive resumes than Oregon or Boise. The margin of victory tells a different story, but it's close nonetheless, and even so, BCS computers aren't allowed to use MoV.

If there are 2 undefeated teams, Boise State being one of them, at the end of the year, and they get left out of the Champoinship, I will agree with the accusations. But now, it's far from clear.

(I'm not saying the BCS isn't :censored:ed up. It completely is, and it needs to be completely reinvented, overhauled, or destroyed. But the standings it has this week are not that crazy.)

Bingo, especially the bold part. I mean, I could understand if Boise State got bumped out of the Top 5 & is down the with the one loss teams, but come on. They're still top 3 and still have a reasonable shot (along with TCU) at making the 'ship if the AQ teams continue to resort to AQ cannibalism. :P But I digress. Let's look at each team's wins this week with some common sense:

#1 Auburn - Beat Top 10 LSU. Yeah, maybe LSU got into the top 10 on The Hat's luck & that alone, but they were in the top 10, and if you beat a top 10 team in the BCS, the computer is going to fawn over you.

#2 Oregon - Beat up a mid-tier Pac-10 team. If MoV was a factor, Oregon would clearly be #1, far & away IMO. But it's not, and here they are. Then again, if the season ended today, Oregon would be in the 'ship so I highly doubt that they care that they're #2, when #2 will get you in.

#3 Boise State - Beat up on a WAC cupcake. Same deal as Oregon, if MoV was a factor, they'd clearly be #2 & TCU would be ranked higher as well because they have been absolutely smashing their conference counterparts, proving that they are indeed on another level. Unfortunately for Boise State, it isn't, they look at who they played, and took their previous wins into effect. I said this when VT lost to JMU, if your best win(s) is over a team that lost to an FCS school (the other big win being over a mid-tier Pac-10 team), you ain't gettin in no 'ship. BCS bowl, definitely. National title game, no.

So yeah, if you look at it objectively, these rankings may be a bit out of the box with Auburn jumping all the way to #1, but it isn't "OMG LAWSUIT" bad unless you have your homer glasses on. Besides, Boise State and/or TCU are most likely to go undefeated because these AQ teams are eating each other alive, so I still think one of the non-AQ teams will be getting in. So, in other words, CHILL THE :censored: OUT AND LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT.

At this point all Boise has to do is wait until some of the undefeated teams lose. Then, if they are left out they'll have a beef. It's too early to complain now. Oregon and Auburn are both very good. And if MSU goes undefeated, yes, they'll get ahead of Boise. But just wait it out. There are never as many unbeatens as people project this time of year.

(after that...then, I'm guessing, there'll be reason to complain...)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Oregon is still ok. At this point of the season being #2 is exactly the same as being #1. They both give you the same ticket. As far as Boise St goes, they still haven't played anyone. Oregon St and VT doesn't count as top tier competition. All I know is this would be a great year for a playoff. I hope Mizzou, Oregon, TCU, Boise St, Michigan St and Auburn all win out. I would like to see more fuel on the playoff fire.

At this point all Boise has to do is wait until some of the undefeated teams lose.

That's what Boise has been doing for weeks now while also staying undefeated for weeks. Undefeated teams losing hasn't helped them one bit.

BTW, we didn't beat up on a WAC cupcake this week - we had a bye. If you're going to criticize Boise for their schedule, at least get it right, please.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Bingo, especially the bold part. I mean, I could understand if Boise State got bumped out of the Top 5 & is down the with the one loss teams, but come on. They're still top 3 and still have a reasonable shot (along with TCU) at making the 'ship if the AQ teams continue to resort to AQ cannibalism. :P But I digress. Let's look at each team's wins this week with some common sense:

#1 Auburn - Beat Top 10 LSU. Yeah, maybe LSU got into the top 10 on The Hat's luck & that alone, but they were in the top 10, and if you beat a top 10 team in the BCS, the computer is going to fawn over you.

#2 Oregon - Beat up a mid-tier Pac-10 team. If MoV was a factor, Oregon would clearly be #1, far & away IMO. But it's not, and here they are. Then again, if the season ended today, Oregon would be in the 'ship so I highly doubt that they care that they're #2, when #2 will get you in.

#3 Boise State - Beat up on a WAC cupcake. Same deal as Oregon, if MoV was a factor, they'd clearly be #2 & TCU would be ranked higher as well because they have been absolutely smashing their conference counterparts, proving that they are indeed on another level. Unfortunately for Boise State, it isn't, they look at who they played, and took their previous wins into effect. I said this when VT lost to JMU, if your best win(s) is over a team that lost to an FCS school (the other big win being over a mid-tier Pac-10 team), you ain't gettin in no 'ship. BCS bowl, definitely. National title game, no.

So yeah, if you look at it objectively, these rankings may be a bit out of the box with Auburn jumping all the way to #1, but it isn't "OMG LAWSUIT" bad unless you have your homer glasses on. Besides, Boise State and/or TCU are most likely to go undefeated because these AQ teams are eating each other alive, so I still think one of the non-AQ teams will be getting in. So, in other words, CHILL THE :censored: OUT AND LET THE SEASON PLAY OUT.

I think now Auburn is the best team. Full disclosure, I am going to The Grove on Saturday.

In the AP, Auburn received just 3 AP #1 votes (two via Big Ten writers an one from the Pac- 10). LSU has no offense, but they have the ability to score. They dropped a at least three big plays on Saturday.

At this point all Boise has to do is wait until some of the undefeated teams lose.

That's what Boise has been doing for weeks now while also staying undefeated for weeks. Undefeated teams losing hasn't helped them one bit.

BTW, we didn't beat up on a WAC cupcake this week - we had a bye. If you're going to criticize Boise for their schedule, at least get it right, please.

Well excuse me, they beat San Jose State a couple of weeks ago. Very impressive.

:lol:

Archived