Unpopular Opinions

On 5/9/2017 at 0:08 PM, 2001mark said:

Not gonna lie, its single side of helmet uniqueness keeps it from being lost for me.  Otherwise it is quite generic.

It's neither here nor there. 

I understand there is a purpose and a meaning to the various parts of the logo, but so much of this is first glance and what immediately comes to mind. I just see the word Steelers and three randomly colored astroids. It doesn't make me think of football, the franchise that it represents, the steel industry, or the blue collar city.

It's not ugly but of all the iconic franchises in sports it's probably the most middling logo that any of them have

PanthersChiefsGallery_304

I hate this. The Panthers have ugly dated uniforms that still reek of the mid 90's. That shade of blue doesn't work with black in the least bit. The black jersey and silver helmet don't look all that great together either.

I don't like how the striping on the pants and helmet come to a point. The pant stripes in particular are hideous in how they start off as way too fat and thick on the top and then taper down.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I have to admit, I actually really liked this look:

IMG_6395.JPG.315ace3a30c8c4c7a6705ab6447bda29.JPG

Now granted, the Blue Jays look the best they've ever looked right now (I dare say it's the best look in the whole league), so I'm not at all screaming "bring it back!". BUT I did like the color scheme, appreciated them going out on a limb a little, and they were in my mind just a few touch-ups and tweaks (namely a little more light blue, toning down the beveling a little) from being a really excellent look.

If the Blue Jays were a 2004 expansion team and ran out of the dugout in this, I think with those tweaks it definitely could've survived and survived well. As it was, though, its days were numbered from the get-go due to the history they'd had before.

Agreed, but I still hated how the wordmark was slanted. It looked awkward, mainly because of how the logo was facing downward.

3 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

PanthersChiefsGallery_304

I hate this. The Panthers have ugly dated uniforms that still reek of the mid 90's. That shade of blue doesn't work with black in the least bit. The black jersey and silver helmet don't look all that great together either.

I don't like how the striping on the pants and helmet come to a point. The pant stripes in particular are hideous in how they start off as way too fat and thick on the top and then taper down.

You were so close to getting a like from me until you mentioned the shade of blue not working. :D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

It's neither here nor there. 

I understand there is a purpose and a meaning to the various parts of the logo, but so much of this is first glance and what immediately comes to mind. I just see the word Steelers and three randomly colored astroids. It doesn't make me think of football, the franchise that it represents, the steel industry, or the blue collar city.

It's not ugly but of all the iconic franchises in sports it's probably the most middling logo that any of them have

Yea has nothing to do with the steel industry...

IMG_3615.PNG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Yea has nothing to do with the steel industry...

IMG_3615.PNG

Based on his post, I was under the impression he is aware there is a literal connection to the steel industry, but it's very easy to overlook, especially on first glance.

Consider this... How many random people do you think would know that a. the Steelers logo is based on the steelmark, a logo that is not seen all that much on a regular basis and b. the colors are not random, and actually have meaning? I would hazard a guess most random people would be unaware of either, which I think is what he was trying to say when he suggested the Steelers logo is "middling."

As for me, I just don't really like the logo to begin with. It almost strikes me as too generic. You could take away the "Steelers" text and give the logo to a team named the "Stars." It's an iconic logo, but there are some things about it I have always disliked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quillz said:

Based on his post, I was under the impression he is aware there is a literal connection to the steel industry, but it's very easy to overlook, especially on first glance.

Consider this... How many random people do you think would know that a. the Steelers logo is based on the steelmark, a logo that is not seen all that much on a regular basis and b. the colors are not random, and actually have meaning? I would hazard a guess most random people would be unaware of either, which I think is what he was trying to say when he suggested the Steelers logo is "middling."

As for me, I just don't really like the logo to begin with. It almost strikes me as too generic. You could take away the "Steelers" text and give the logo to a team named the "Stars." It's an iconic logo, but there are some things about it I have always disliked.

We live in an era where everyone has an encyclopedia at their fingertips. It's easier than ever to know what the US Steelmark is. 

• Like 1

I think these are a better fit for the Anaheim home and road jerseys...

Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v+Anaheim+Ducks+VZBi

9262486.jpg

..........than this...

edmonton-oilers-v-anaheim-ducks.jpeg

The throwback logo is a perfect secondary logo, keeping a connection to the team's roots without reverting backwards too much. I think the Webbed D is a decent logo fit for the time we're in right now. And I don't feel like a white version of the alternate will look all that great. The current trio of jerseys is perfect as is, and they should keep this set for a while.

Plus, the Ducks won a Cup in this scheme, not the throwback scheme.

49 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I think these are a better fit for the Anaheim home and road jerseys...

Toronto+Maple+Leafs+v+Anaheim+Ducks+VZBi

9262486.jpg

..........than this...

edmonton-oilers-v-anaheim-ducks.jpeg

The throwback logo is a perfect secondary logo, keeping a connection to the team's roots without reverting backwards too much. I think the Webbed D is a decent logo fit for the time we're in right now. And I don't feel like a white version of the alternate will look all that great. The current trio of jerseys is perfect as is, and they should keep this set for a while.

Plus, the Ducks won a Cup in this scheme, not the throwback scheme.

The Ducks won the Junior Goodwill Games in the throwback scheme..

• Like 5

On 5/19/2017 at 8:56 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I have to admit, I actually really liked this look:

IMG_6395.JPG.315ace3a30c8c4c7a6705ab6447bda29.JPG

Now granted, the Blue Jays look the best they've ever looked right now (I dare say it's the best look in the whole league), so I'm not at all screaming "bring it back!". BUT I did like the color scheme, appreciated them going out on a limb a little, and they were in my mind just a few touch-ups and tweaks (namely a little more light blue, toning down the beveling a little) from being a really excellent look.

If the Blue Jays were a 2004 expansion team and ran out of the dugout in this, I think with those tweaks it definitely could've survived and survived well. As it was, though, its days were numbered from the get-go due to the history they'd had before.

I wouldn't mind seeing a tweaked version of these duds for your MLB concept series.B)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Perm ✓

Mustache ✓

Sweet sideburns ✓

The Holy Trinity is complete

The sweet sideburns were pretty much the only thing missing from Robin Yount's arsenal:

IMG_6400.JPG.ba024561109ea472863323ec36a3ac97.JPG

Otherwise, dude was rockin' it. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 8/14/2016 at 5:50 PM, grillbrosdesign said:

I think LA's royal blue and yellow jerseys are horrendous, they hurt my eyeballs. Something just screams "childish" about them, I just think Fisher-Price and Duplos whenever I see those jerseys posted.

Don't get it twisted, I wasn't a fan of the navy and gold STL Rams either. My favorite are the white/navy throwbacks... This is what LA should do, clean and crisp, plus they're throwbacks to BEFORE the royal/yellow. 

5nk8hv.jpg

Can anyone tell me what year the rams wore this uniform?

On 4/3/2017 at 6:12 PM, 8BW14 said:

I went to western Illinois for four years and never saw a single game of any sport the entire time I was there. I don't think I even own any WIU Gear.  I don't feel any loyalty as a fan to the athletics there at all. I have always been a huge U of I fan though, namely men's basketball and football. I've seen tons of games, watch most of them on tv and I have lots of hats and shirts, but I don't have any personal connection to the school beyond the fact that Illinois is my home state and the U of I is the most prominent school in the state but I'm definitely a fan.

I'm the same way, grew up fifty miles northeast of Columbia, Mo and didn't go to Mizzou, but I love them. Went to a junior college in Missouri, moved to New Mexico and finished my degree. I will always bleed black and gold, though! Especially here in north Georgia, surrounded by Dawg fans!!