Unpopular Opinions

- LA Galaxy third uniform jersey w/ matching colored american flag (I don't support messing with our flag)

Overrated complaint. The American flag on my deployment uniforms have a subdued sage green flag on them. That sure as hell isn't our colors. Yea, it's that color for camouflage purposes, but trust me...it does not need to be there and serves ZERO purpose. Every other country knows exactly who we are while in uniform. Plus, regardless of the branch of service, our nametapes say "U.S." in front of our branch anyways. Basically it's a certain color to match the rest of the uniform (EXACTLY what the LA Galaxy is doing). Bottom line, there's no difference between the two because its on there to look good.

LA-Galaxy-2011-third-kit.jpg

Great uniform kit!!

Runs for cover since a few Mods get all pissy when I mention the military :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I LOVE seattle-green-goblins.jpg

The overall reviews when the wore that uniform set I can only describe as 'mockery' ... I thought they looked really bad too.

When the Bengals first wore their alternate Orange jerseys they wore 'em with black pants, didn't like ... I thought it had a potential to work if they wore white pants. Well they tried that next, and they were so much better they didn't shelf 'em. Cincinnati belongs in orange, not black, only for striping. Bengal Tigers are orange with black stripes.

It appears that Seattle will probably be NIKEs first project for 2012. This upcoming season, and before giving up on the fluorescent green jerseys I'd like to see how they look with white pants. Word has it that they're talking about throwbacks in 2012, Pete Carroll is very much involved in the process, just as he was when at USC. Too bad he didn't used his excess time monitoring the activities of Reggie Bush.

I guess I sort of understand the Miami "U" logic, but it's still stupid. I've always seen the "U" as strange rather than unique, and the fact it was adopted to (seemingly) go along with slogans sounds gimmicky. They could've used an "M" (two toned or not) or at the very least, hurricane flags. Just something that at least looked like it made sense.

I realize I'm likely in the HUGE minority here, but hey, that's what this thread is for! :P

I'm in the minority with you. I will never understand why the University of Miami just has a U as their logo and why everyone refers to it as "The U."

T1oYViW.png

Ok, here goes. I know ya'll will disagree with a few of these!

NFL:

I loved the Broncos in mustard and brown. Now I've seen color evidence of every uniform my team has ever worn.

I dont like gray facemasks, or white helmets.

I hate the Chargers, but their previous look was better.

MLB:

Classic 3 color paneled hats are beautiful. Ex: Expos and Orioles

Pinstriped & Winged Angels are STILL my favorite logo/uniform set (other than the Yankees of course)

NHL:

I really dont like the Wild logo. Sure its creative, but ive never liked it. All of their uniforms seem bland to me, while some people cream in their pants.

I liked Buffalo better when they were red & black

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I said earlier in this thread that the 2002 - 2010 Bills uniform were a pretty good look, and I preferred them to the previous set. This was said before they came up with the new 2011 versions. So now having the chance to get a good look at their brand new set, not only do I still prefer these: 2002 - 2010 over these pre - 2002 set I also prefer them over their latest set.

Ok, here goes. I know ya'll will disagree with a few of these!

NFL:

I loved the Broncos in mustard and brown. Now I've seen color evidence of every uniform my team has ever worn.

I dont like gray facemasks, or white helmets.

I hate the Chargers, but their previous look was better.

MLB:

Classic 3 color paneled hats are beautiful. Ex: Expos and Orioles

Pinstriped & Winged Angels are STILL my favorite logo/uniform set (other than the Yankees of course)

NHL:

I really dont like the Wild logo. Sure its creative, but ive never liked it. All of their uniforms seem bland to me, while some people cream in their pants.

I liked Buffalo better when they were red & black

Wow! I've never heard anyone say that liked those, unless you're just having a laugh.

The roadies were tolerable as a 50-year event throwback if it weren't for then vertical striped bowling sock.

09000d5d81354863_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81355ddc_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8138dffd_gallery_600.jpg

I like the mismatched-ness of the Wild's jerseys.

The white one is true to their origins, looking just like something out of the year 2000 is expected. The red, though I wish they'd go back to the pre-Edge version, looks like a classic NHL sweater evocative of their rich NHL history (it doesn't, and can't, look like the North Stars, but it looks like it could be from that era), and the third reflects their rich hockey history, which goes back to the turn of the 20th century, and splits the difference between the extremely striped rugby-like sweaters and the extremely plain sweaters that were both common. Plus, all of them look great individually. It's unique to the Wild, and I'm perfectly ok with it.

Wild07.png

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That opinion is not all that unpopular.

If it's the Buffaslug logo you're quite correct ...

25,000 + signatures on a petition pretty much backs that up :grin:

Now new owner Mr Pegula is having it completely removed from the scoreboard and throughout HSBC arena to rid everyone the site of it.

The Ducks alternate 'D' webbed logo I like ... but do we have to have yet another uniform set using black as the primary color??