Unpopular Opinions

To go with the Brewers talk on the last page, here's an unpopular opinion:

I actually prefer their current scheme to the old blue and athletic gold. And I like their uniforms and logos, generally. They look better now than they ever have in their history, I'd say.

You're the guy!

Oh, and I generally like cream uniforms/trim, such as the SF Giants' home unis or the trim on the NY Rangers' fauxbacks.

Yup, I'm that guy. ;)

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

To go with the Brewers talk on the last page, here's an unpopular opinion:

I actually prefer their current scheme to the old blue and athletic gold. And I like their uniforms and logos, generally. They look better now than they ever have in their history, I'd say.

You're the guy!

Oh, and I generally like cream uniforms/trim, such as the SF Giants' home unis or the trim on the NY Rangers' fauxbacks.

Yup, I'm that guy. ;)

I'm with you too! Slap "Milwaukee" on the roads and it is far and away the best look the Brewers have ever had, in my opinion.

• 3 months later...

Things I love that are not loved by others:

- The Cavaliers 90's logo and uniforms

- The Browns brown pants (but ONLY with the white striped socks)

- Chief Wahoo

- The Jaguars all-black uniform set

- The Seahawks alternate uniform set

- The Dolphins alternate uniform set

- The Owens-era 49ers uniforms

- LA Galaxy third uniform jersey w/matching colored american flag

- The Buccaneers Bucco Bruce-era uniforms

- The Indians vest uni from the 2000's

- The Tillman-era Cardinals uniforms

Things that others like that defy all logic of good taste:

- The current Vikings uniforms

- The current Falcons uniforms

- The current Cardinals uniforms

- The Seahawks "death by blue" uniform set

- The current Bengals uniforms (minus their helmet)

- The current Indians alternate cream uniform set

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I think the Toronto Raptors have the best team name ever

I hate Ohio State's uniforms

I liked VT's pro combat

I love Boise's pro combat helmet and think it should become their primary

Boise also has the best logo in college sports

I hate the Joey Harrington era oregon uniforms

I like this fa2ed86heghaczg9phhfigavw.gif

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Things I like ... that are loved by Johnny:

- The Cavaliers 90's logo and uniforms

- The Browns brown pants (but ONLY with the white striped socks)

- Chief Wahoo

- The Jaguars all-black uniform set

- The Seahawks alternate uniform set

- The Dolphins alternate uniform set

- The Owens-era 49ers uniforms

- LA Galaxy third uniform jersey w/ matching colored american flag (I don't support messing with our flag)

- The Buccaneers Bucco Bruce-era uniforms

- The Indians vest uni from the 2000's *** I don't like vest uniforms on any club ***

- The Tillman-era Cardinals uniforms *** with red pants away ***

Things that I have no problem with and actually like:

- The current Vikings uniforms

- The current Falcons uniforms

- The current Cardinals uniforms ** I only have a dislike of their white jersey, and white on white roadies **

- The Seahawks "death by blue" uniform set *** I like the color of the blue, I like the all-white roadies with the blue sleeves, I dislike the monochrome-blue, and fluorescent green jerseys ***

- The current Bengals uniforms (minus their helmet) *** All I like is their alternate orange jersey / white pants, but they need a slight tweaking ***

- The current Indians alternate cream uniform set

I so loved the latter 2000 Buffalo Sabres uniform set ... just minus the Buffaslug and using the alternate logo, which to me is way better than the darkened throwbacks that fans in WNY can't seem to wanna get away from.

sabres_alt06.jpg

sabres_alt_06_away.jpg

Here's one....

I HATE the Miami "U". I've never, ever understood what the deal was with using it - it makes no sense to me. Why not use a dual-colored "M" in the same style?

And I warn you all that this part is indeed homer-driven, but I hate the fact that because of it's use, Miami is referred to as "The U". Utah was "The U" before Miami ever adopted the logo - they're still the right "The U" to me.

Also, not Miami related (:P), BYU needs to go back to the royal blue. Navy belongs to USU, and royal looks better on BYU anyways.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I HATE the Miami "U". I've never, ever understood what the deal was with using it - it makes no sense to me. Why not use a dual-colored "M" in the same style?

According to CollegeFootballHistory.com:

The "U"

In 1973, UM?s Athletic Federation, the fund raising arm of the athletic department at the time, commissioned a local public relations expert to develop a distinctive logo. The University had gone several years with a variety of helmet and uniform changes and the Federation noted that a number of major colleges have the initials UM. Miami designer Bill Bodenhamer suggested the "U" idea, which lent itself to slogans like "U gotta believe" and "U is great".

http://www.collegefootballhistory.com/miami/history.htm

A two-tone "M" wouldn't look as good.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I guess I sort of understand the Miami "U" logic, but it's still stupid. I've always seen the "U" as strange rather than unique, and the fact it was adopted to (seemingly) go along with slogans sounds gimmicky. They could've used an "M" (two toned or not) or at the very least, hurricane flags. Just something that at least looked like it made sense.

I realize I'm likely in the HUGE minority here, but hey, that's what this thread is for! :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

NHL:

- I love the Blue Jackets' old CBJ logo.

- Nashville's Mustard Gold jersey is my favorite jersey of all time.

- The Ducks' script logo is better than the webbed D.

- The Rangers' alternate jersey is far superior to their current home.

MLB:

- The Blue Jays need to go back to the grey hat.

- The Phillies need to drop blue.

- The Mets can actually pull off black (though the blue and orange is superior).

NFL:

- The Bengals have a top 5 uniform in the league, including the helmet.

- Kelly Green looked terrible on the Eagles.

- The Seahawks have a beautiful lime green alternate.

NBA:

- The Lakers' logo needs an update.

- The Mavs look better without green.

-

Manchester-City-icon.png

Little late to the party but here's mine. Sorry if it has been said before.

For the Pittsburgh Penguins of the NHL, I cannot understand how Mario Lemieux and a majority of fanbase seem to just shy away from the "Robo-pen" logo and their unis. Sure they shouldn't have changed them right after a back-to-back Stanley Cup run, that's stupid. However, the logos and uniforms themselves are the most creative and appealing in team history IMO. First of all, the 1993-2001 Penguin logo actually looks like a Penguin. Their current Penguin is horrible. The head is too boxy. The eye looks like an 'h'. The beak is so bad I don't even know how to describe it. Vegas gold is just...its just that. Vegas. Not something to associate with Pittsburgh. Besides, a penguin's actual colors have a distinctive shade almost that of 'golden poppy'. Their current look is so dull and boring with the lack of contrast between it and white. I wish that the Penguins would seriously consider going back to black and athletic gold and unite the city with all of the major sports have the same color. Merchandise is not a problem. I've seen many fans at CONSOL sporting the 90's look. It was the sharpest IMO. Those who might say Bruins, I will say this: Maple Leafs/Lightning. Islanders/Oilers. Canadiens/Rangers. Who is complaining about them? Maybe a few. Could you imagine how many would complain about Penguins/Bruins if the Penguins changed their color scheme?

34yr2wm.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png