Unpopular Opinions

14 minutes ago, dont care said:

There helmet logo has never changed. It's always been a ram horn on the helmet only the colors have changed.

Actually, I think what @1937redskins was saying is that the horns used to be thicker. I actually have noticed that they seem to have thinned a bit.

The Rams current uniforms are arguably best they've ever worn, even as good as their royal blue and athletic gold uniforms are.

Just one problem, they are wearing the wrong pants for some reason.

Look how good these are:

Faulk_Feature_420_3102.jpg

013014_marshall_faulk.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ark said:

The Rams current uniforms are arguably best they've ever worn, even as good as their royal blue and athletic gold uniforms are.

Just one problem, they are wearing the wrong pants for some reason.

Look how good these are:

Faulk_Feature_420_3102.jpg

013014_marshall_faulk.jpg

That color scheme is so 2000. The pants were nice, sure, but with today's trend toward matte finish on metallic objects (and not just on helmets), they'd look dull and lifeless.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 1937redskins said:

I wasnt talking about helmet horns..those are fine but they have been thinned a little.

I'm referring to the childish secondary logo.

its incredibly generic with no character.

The Rams current uniforms suck as well

What secondary logo? Can you post a picture of it?

18 hours ago, mightyduck said:

I would love a return, full time, to this in the desert...

0202-phx96-tkachuk.jpg

Fulltime, no. But I am happy about the idea of the franchise making them the new thirds.

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

8 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Fulltime, no. But I am happy about the idea of the franchise making them the new thirds.

I would settle for that.  I just feel like the current set is uninspired (not a fan of the additional black color added throughout)...if you took last years set, and included some type of bottom striping, I'd be okay with them.

• Like 1

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

On 2016-05-12 at 2:51 AM, mightyduck said:

0202-phx96-tkachuk.jpg

They are far from perfect, but there are a lot of good looking and unique elements there. Would love to see a new design that is a somewhat simplified version of this, including just the head of that logo. It's a moot point though since the team is almost certainly moving either this summer or the next.

6 hours ago, steven919 said:

It's a moot point though since the team is almost certainly moving either this summer or the next.

People have kept saying that for years; still hasn't happened.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steven919 said:

They are far from perfect, but there are a lot of good looking and unique elements there. Would love to see a new design that is a somewhat simplified version of this, including just the head of that logo. It's a moot point though since the team is almost certainly moving either this summer or the next.

The attempted move is back into Phoenix proper. The NHL has shown that this is a market they'd rather not give up on. I think a move back to Phoenix, the new GM turning things around, and a better product, on-ice, could make the franchise viable. Regardless, I still think they have a few years before there's a real chance of being relicated to a new city.

Nashville is a great example of how smaller fanbases can still provide a successful market (20th, in attendance despite studies indicating they have the smallest fanbase in the league).

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 5/10/2016 at 2:22 PM, CS85 said:

Bulls need a gentle rebrand that moves on from the Jordan era but doesn't go whole hog with a lot of stupid design elements.  Something like the Bucks would be a really tremendous starting point.

There is a reason why the Bulls are the only franchise in the league that has never changed its primary logo. No change is necessary.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On May 12, 2016 at 6:51 PM, mightyduck said:

0202-phx96-tkachuk.jpg

Flawed?  Sure.  Better than what the team wears now, on every conceivable level?  Absolutely.  Is it an unpopular opinion to think their current set is a complete dumpster fire?

• Like 1

On 5/12/2016 at 10:17 AM, VikWings said:

Neither are better than this though

mario_lemieux-1993.jpg

Agreed.

The Penguins should wear the Cup era set at home, that on the road, and this as an alternate when the home team is wearing a distinct jersey:

jaromir_jagr_reaches_out_to_penguins_spe

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ark said:

Agreed.

The Penguins should wear the Cup era set at home, that on the road, and this as an alternate when the home team is wearing a distinct jersey:

jaromir_jagr_reaches_out_to_penguins_spe

No doubt ! And when they wear that awesome black jersey, all players should have a fake mullet attached to the back of the helmet.

• Like 4