raysox

Unpopular Opinions

Recommended Posts

They are better than their current EDGE uniforms with black and khaki because obviously, but if the Penguins adopt the direct throwback for their full-time uniforms I don't think that is the answer either. They need something that is mostly black with small touches of yellow here and there. The throwbacks are just so yellow heavy and there's already a black and yellow heavy team in the Eastern conference. 

 

The Bruins should be the black-yellow-white team and the Penguins should be the black-white-yellow team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Warriors are an example of something mediocre being elevated, solely due to winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:21 PM, Morgo said:

The Warriors are an example of something mediocre being elevated, solely due to winning.

 

The Warriors would be better if they had a yellow jersey and no black/charcoal/grey/sleeved jersey. I think they look pretty good overall right now though. Then again, this thread is "Unpopular Opinions."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they look terrible by any stretch.  It's the liberal use Copperplate that sinks it for me.  If they got rid of the unnecessary text that surrounds the roundel, the uniforms would look significantly better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgo said:

I don't think they look terrible by any stretch.  It's the liberal use Copperplate that sinks it for me.  If they got rid of the unnecessary text that surrounds the roundel, the uniforms would look significantly better.

They need to dump the roundel and tweak the piping/striping/whatever. It looks really poor on the blue jersey. 

 

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the word mark from the first sleeved uniform was the base for replacing the roundel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the thunder have a nice set...other than the navy alternate their home away and orange alts are modern classic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I think the thunder have a nice set...other than the navy alternate their home away and orange alts are modern classic.

 

I agree on this. I like their home and road jersey very much. The logos are awful of course, but you can't say much against the unis.

 

PS: I even think they are the better looking team in this years Conference Finals. But I'm not a fan of the Warriors uniforms anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:04 PM, Metro Boomin said:

I'm a big fan of the Warriors road unis. Everything else in their set, not so much

I'm a fan of their home unis. Bright primary colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just recently figured out that the original Charlotte Hornets had pinstripes on their jerseys but not on their shorts, and now every time I see a picture of them it drives me crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do like the Tuscan font "New York" on the Mets' road uniforms, I think the best option for their road script is a cleaned-up version of their 1993-94 road script. This "clean-up" involves removing the tail, white outline, and tilting it to better match the home script:

 

0UpVBME.png

 

This is the best option, if they were to try and match their home and road scripts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 16, 2016 at 11:07 AM, MCM0313 said:

I like the teal-over-black version a lot. It is, however, much more Las Vegas than Jacksonville.

I'm not sure if I like the current teal jerseys or not.

Jacksonville-Jaguars-e1430684026247.jpg

Better than this, but that's not hard. 

Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+Jacksonville+Jaguar

It's hardly this, though.

jags-01-08-teal-iconsmi-vert-620x930.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that brings the teal jerseys down is the black numbers. If the numbers were white, they would stand out better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

While I do like the Tuscan font "New York" on the Mets' road uniforms, I think the best option for their road script is a cleaned-up version of their 1993-94 road script. This "clean-up" involves removing the tail, white outline, and tilting it to better match the home script:

 

0UpVBME.png

 

This is the best option, if they were to try and match their home and road scripts.

 

Yeah thats nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still one of my favorite NHL uniforms ever:

 

deu7b1Q.jpg

 

Admittedly, the sock striping is terrible. But the sweater got way too much hate at the time. The striping looked nice, and the shoulder logo doubling as a football-style shoulder stripe was a brilliant idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Still one of my favorite NHL uniforms ever:

 

deu7b1Q.jpg

 

Admittedly, the sock striping is terrible. But the sweater got way too much hate at the time. The striping looked nice, and the shoulder logo doubling as a football-style shoulder stripe was a brilliant idea.

My goodness, i never realized that before you mentioned it, they do actually look a bit like football jerseys.

 

 

 

 

 

.

jRfEuf.gif

 

 

 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Miketd1's avatar just reminded me of this: I like most chrome-looking football helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.