Unpopular Opinions

I don't know about WAY in the minority.  I think there are a decent number that feel that way about both.

I don't mind the Padres uniform.  Though brown and orange is just too good.

I really, really dislike the Astros uniform  My unpopular opinion is that I think that's easily the worst they ever looked.  Yeah, the colors are appropriate.  I don't care.  It's just so drab.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I don't know about WAY in the minority.  I think there are a decent number that feel that way about both.

I don't mind the Padres uniform.  Though brown and orange is just too good.

I really, really dislike the Astros uniform  My unpopular opinion is that I think that's easily the worst they ever looked.  Yeah, the colors are appropriate.  I don't care.  It's just so drab.

I'd agree it could use something more...just can't put my finger on it.  The color scheme is what sells me on it.  I was not a fan at all when they made the switch to the red (was it officially called brick red?).   

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

These uniforms are not good looking at all.

Shoulder yokes are too big, making the player look small.

Pant stripes are too wide, again making the player look small and there is an unmotivated widening of the stripes at the bottom of the pants.

Pant stripes and shoulder yokes don't match the pattern around arms, waist and socks.

Combine this and there's just too much going on. The uniforms are crowded, chaotic and incoherent.

That particular blue color at times looks too purple.

70/80's hockey jersey design in general is bad and this is also true for the Oilers.

Dynasty nostalgia is the only reason to keep wearing these uniforms.

stk-oilers-eberle-nugent-ho.jpg

I love 1980s design, but I really think the Oilers got it right when the went with the dark blue and copper.  I thought that was a terrific upgrade.

Also, that Oilers uniform was probably executed a bit better in the 1980s, at least on the necks. But I did check out some Greztky photos; I had no realized the stripes were so thick back then.  I think they'd have been better served narrowing the stripes just a bit.  Overall, it's not bad but I do think the pre-edge darker uniforms were better and tend to agree that these are back due in large part.  On the other hand, I am glad the Islanders are back to their glory uniforms (though they were a bit nicer in the 1980s).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 hours ago, mightyduck said:

To me, this is the best uniform the Padres and Astros have worn.  I know I'm way in the minority on this one!

aamo179.jpg

AP9809290803_11.jpg

I like that Padres uniform and LOVE that Astros uniform. The shooting gold star was classic...it had motion, unlike the plain stars they wear now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steven919 said:

These uniforms are not good looking at all.

Shoulder yokes are too big, making the player look small.

Pant stripes are too wide, again making the player look small and there is an unmotivated widening of the stripes at the bottom of the pants.

Pant stripes and shoulder yokes don't match the pattern around arms, waist and socks.

Combine this and there's just too much going on. The uniforms are crowded, chaotic and incoherent.

That particular blue color at times looks too purple.

70/80's hockey jersey design in general is bad and this is also true for the Oilers.

Dynasty nostalgia is the only reason to keep wearing these uniforms.

stk-oilers-eberle-nugent-ho.jpg

1. It's no larger than any other yoke

2. The pants stripe thickness might be the only thing we can agree on

3. Not all stripes have to match and if they did on this uni you would have stripe overload like the gators.

4. You'd have way too much going on if you made all the stripes match, also attempting to match a yoke to the rest of the striping and still look good would be very difficult to do.

5. I've never seen them as purple, maybe they do in certain lighting but I've never noticed it

6. No, just no

7. Also those being terrific uniforms to fall back in is a reason to keep wearing them

5 hours ago, Ark said:

Agreed these uniforms are much better and they are more fitting for a team called the Oilers.

0fuwLY7.jpg

t4Ot5xI.jpg

I absolutely love that set. The throwback is nice, I have nothing against it, but those pre-edge ones are the best they've ever worn.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

10 minutes ago, FGM13 said:

I absolutely love that set. The throwback is nice, I have nothing against it, but those pre-edge ones are the best they've ever worn.

The blue jerseys were perfect... But there was always something off about the white too me...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'd be fine with either color scheme for the Oilers, but I'd love to see them come up with a new primary logo. The old oil rig worker is a great shoulder patch, but I don't even think that would be a good crest.

On 6/9/2016 at 4:46 PM, Ark said:

Agreed these uniforms are much better and they are more fitting for a team called the Oilers.

0fuwLY7.jpg

t4Ot5xI.jpg

Late 90's till when the Edge took over was an era where everyone was just wearing huge jerseys.

XM4KeeA.png

5 hours ago, insert name said:

Late 90's till when the Edge took over was an era where everyone was just wearing huge jerseys.

More like all the way until the late 2000s...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:31 PM, insert name said:

Did The Edge take over by himself, or did Bono have a hand in the coup?

• Like 1

On 2016-06-09 at 10:56 PM, Cosmic said:

I'd be fine with either color scheme for the Oilers, but I'd love to see them come up with a new primary logo. The old oil rig worker is a great shoulder patch, but I don't even think that would be a good crest.

They have a perfect logo for a crest if it could be coloured right.

85.png

Remove the Oilers and the shield. Use just the Gear & Drop logo. It's simple, gets the message across & would work fine on a sweater.

• Like 6

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_